Login

russian armor

Disable team share of fuel and munitions caches

26 Nov 2016, 21:48 PM

I feel like the team share of resources from caches is what makes many team games unbalanced especially when there's an OKW or brit player.

It would definitely make things more strategic in terms of whom puts a cache down to now make sure they leave some points for others put up caches for themselves.

I watch so many 2v2 and up just become ability spam or armor spam or both due to all the caches built.

Thoughts?

26 Nov 2016, 22:13 PM
Donator 11

The idea is pretty old, but there is a significant problem with it: in randumbz, it would couse unneeded hostility among players of the same team, just becouse one managed to run to the flag faster than the other...
26 Nov 2016, 22:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The idea is pretty old, but there is a significant problem with it: in randumbz, it would couse unneeded hostility among players of the same team, just becouse one managed to run to the flag faster than the other...

Yeah, basically the only way that could work is if somehow multiple players could build a cache on the same points, an idea which sounds...finicky, with regards repairs or the enemy destroying them.
26 Nov 2016, 22:25 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2016, 22:20 PMVuther

Yeah, basically the only way that could work is if somehow multiple players could build a cache on the same points, an idea which sounds...finicky, with regards repairs or the enemy destroying them.

That would require chaniging them into mechanic similar to opel blitz - players would be able to build them like building anywhere on the sector but only one per player.

Maybe if we were to get points that are possible to drive through with vehicles it would be possible to switch these two mechanics: caches would work like blitz, and blitz would work like caches, giving fuel to all the players and being able to set up only on the flag.

The amount of resources given by both mechanics would have to be adjusted of course.
26 Nov 2016, 22:37 PM

Well, allowing mutliple caches on points shouldn't be very hard to code? The again I don't know since I'm not a coder. Maybe this is too much wishful thinking.

I'm tired of the idea that team games cant be fixed to some degree without fucking up 1v1s.

You can do anything with coding if we work together ( :kappapride: ) especially now that relic is allowing modders to help out even a little bit.
26 Nov 2016, 23:12 PM
Donator 33

What if the additional income from caches got divided by the amount of players in a team?

For example: you build a fuel cache in a 3v3 and each player gets additional +1 fuel/min.
26 Nov 2016, 23:21 PM

No one would invest 200 mp then for +1 or lower. 200 for 10 fuel more after 10 minutes. I think it is ok so, like it is. In team games a player weakens his own army so that his mates have earlier tanks.
26 Nov 2016, 23:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, allowing mutliple caches on points shouldn't be very hard to code? The again I don't know since I'm not a coder. Maybe this is too much wishful thinking.

I'm tired of the idea that team games cant be fixed to some degree without fucking up 1v1s.

You can do anything with coding if we work together ( :kappapride: ) especially now that relic is allowing modders to help out even a little bit.

Well, just making them pass through each other so they could all be placed on the same spot wouldn't be tough to make, but wouldn't be fine from there, see. Do they all just have different hitpoints, or would it be fine to destroy 400+ worth of immobile MP at once? If the latter, how are their enemies going to be able to select which to target?
27 Nov 2016, 04:15 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

On a different timeline on which this could be solved:

-Each cache only gives resources to the player building it.
-Multiple caches can be "stacked" on the same point. Each further cache increases HP.
-Enemy just have to destroy a single cache, HP differs depending how many there are built on top of it.

Destroying 400+ worth of immobile MP at once is fine cause there is 2x, 3x or 4x the amount of resources to defend it.
27 Nov 2016, 20:50 PM

Sorry OP I dont see this happening.
27 Nov 2016, 21:09 PM

Resources for team matches aren't really well thought out considering the maps that team matches occur on.

Tiered resource points would go a LONG way to improving team matches as far as map design goes.

Likewise, income really should be split/shared between teams. This would allow for team games to have more territory points to accommodate the players without exploding resource incomes.

Otherwise at the very least having, say, a few +3 or +4 fuel points or a couple +7 munitions points to work with might make the large team maps not suck so hard.
27 Nov 2016, 23:05 PM

I think this is definitely something necessary to be looked at again by relic. One way relic can help balance team games is by adjusting aspects of the game that don't affect 1v1s. One being caches. Honestly it would be a great change i think most of the community can jump on board with since it would be a general nerf/buff across the board in a very positive way. I know this could be very wishful thinking or big hopes it's considered by relic balance team.

Splitting up the resources though probably would be even better than restricting it to whom built the cache.
27 Nov 2016, 23:38 PM

In fact I think a cache should cost more (~100MP more per teammate) if the team is bigger, an easy tweak.
27 Nov 2016, 23:51 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Why it should be so?

I mean both team can build it.

If you go only for OKW, its your fault!

I feel like the team share of resources from caches is what makes many team games unbalanced especially when there's an OKW or brit player.

You know, that brits can build it as well or?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★