Login

russian armor

Winter Balance Patch: Wrong Direction?

13 Dec 2016, 20:59 PM

honestly ukf as op faction need a lot change men .
13 Dec 2016, 21:01 PM

Just to clarify. If you use snipers as intended, and have them fire from camo, they will still return to stealth after 4 seconds (Soviets) or 6 seconds (UKF and OST), as was always intended.

The 10 second cooldown applies only if you fire from outside camouflage. Previously (in the live version), firing from outside cover means that you can stealth instantly. We consider this an abuse of the stealth mechanics in the game, thus we have fixed it.

10 seconds was a reasonable compromise, considering that you do not trigger stealth diminishing cooldowns when firing from outside camouflage.

If you have never abused the stealth bug, or don't even know what the stealth bug is, you will not notice any performance drop on the snipers.

That was a bug? It's been in the game since I started playing (~ spring 2014.) Don't get me wrong-I think that the sniper changes are good and will lead to a significantly less frustrating experience for all involved. I'm just surprised that something that's been in for so long is unintended.
13 Dec 2016, 22:05 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I feel like they're doing what a typical game dev does, fuck with stuff that doesn't need to be fucked with.

You don't go about official patches like you do a mod. You can redesign whatever the hell you want in a mod but you just shouldn't take the sledgehammer and hacksaw approach in an official balance patch. That is what happened in the last patch and the game is barely enjoyable anymore.
14 Dec 2016, 00:50 AM

For me, the fact that a team is dedicated to trying to propose an improvement in the game, without gaining anything for it, is already good. Better yet knowing that it's about coh2 players, people who have the same frustrations as playing ranked games and suffering from the game's problems. This to give even more credibility to their improvement. I believe that making changes in coh2 and managing to please everyone is a mission almost impossible, but we have to understand that this game has a very strong player base and they differ in many things about the game. I think that just like a government that is elected by the majority and during its mandate we evaluate the results and decide if it continues, we must do the same with this patch. Not that we can not continue to give feedback but criticize saying that all the effort is wrong without even seeing results, statistical data, is very precocious and does nothing to improve our so loved, hated and forgotten CoH2.

(Sorry community for my bad english)
19 Dec 2016, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2016, 22:06 PMVuther
Stuarts will be fine. -25% less damage against infantry (and a bit of MG nerfs) will prevent the insane pressure of roaming around causing squad wipes rather than prevent it from killing infantry at all.

I don't know. Remember Stuarts used to be crap against infantry, and then thank goodness they made it usable/good at what it should be good at. And now nerfing that?! Just do something less about anti-medium tanks if that's needed.
19 Dec 2016, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2016, 21:01 PMWygrif

That was a bug? It's been in the game since I started playing (~ spring 2014.) Don't get me wrong-I think that the sniper changes are good and will lead to a significantly less frustrating experience for all involved. I'm just surprised that something that's been in for so long is unintended.

Not so much a bug, rather than a nuance with stealth that players with exceptional micro had learned to use to their advantage. It's one of the few skill based components of COH2.

It's only seemed like an issue because Ostheer sniper is kind of a special snowflake. Soviet sniper team and cloaking don't really go together very well, which leaves the UKF sniper which, like the Soviet sniper team, is rarely a good investment against an ostheer sniper.
20 Dec 2016, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2016, 09:16 AMpigsoup
yep. i trust the three community members to make the more unbiased decision than vast majority here, including me.

Haha +1

Reading through this thread, the idea of the 'community' having any involvement would ruin the game once and for all.

22 Dec 2016, 00:11 AM

Latest changes to Penals are the wrong direction :c

Killing SU faction flavor as the faction wins via swarms of cheap units.

Also I request that the balance people take a hard look at what tier that the Penals come out from.

Compare Penals with an actual "Elite Infantry" unit such as Obers that come out of the final OKW tech building. The power creep is insane. Ober's have to get at least vet two (accuracy bonus) in order to be any use and are only able to buy One (1!) LMG. And also Obers suffer from 1.5X damage from explosives which provides a (overly) huge weakness to their anti-infantry strength.

GGMachine recently stated in a youtube vid that Penals were pretty much done. I sincerely hope that you can take a step back from it all and see just how out of sync the changes are with faction flavor and power creep.

22 Dec 2016, 00:45 AM
Donator 11

Worst case scenario that patch will turn the if(sov) then penal /morotor into ...wait a minute?

AS long us mortar is fixed (not nerfed.) its a huge step. All other changes will lead to a meta change and probably something new broken gets into focus. But this happening , everytime and anyway...

Just bring it.
22 Dec 2016, 01:26 AM

Latest changes to Penals are the wrong direction :c
Compare Penals with an actual "Elite Infantry" unit such as Obers that come out of the final OKW tech building. The power creep is insane. Ober's have to get at least vet two (accuracy bonus) in order to be any use and are only able to buy One (1!) LMG. And also Obers suffer from 1.5X damage from explosives which provides a (overly) huge weakness to their anti-infantry strength.

The only thing elite about Obers is their price. Four hundred manpower for a unit that has virtually the same survivability in the lategame (when it arrives) as Grenadiers. They really bring nothing to the table except for a particularly good LMG. And the LMG34 has definitely seen better days.

Not since the original/initial days of the lulziest LMG34 have I feared Obers. And even then I really wasn't afraid of them or felt they were that scary. They were just a big fat juicy targets that sometimes made my paratroopers or shock troops deathgods.

Then the Brits came out with their Sniper and everything to add insult to injury.
22 Dec 2016, 07:35 AM

The only thing elite about Obers is their price. Four hundred manpower for a unit that has virtually the same survivability in the lategame (when it arrives) as Grenadiers. They really bring nothing to the table except for a particularly good LMG. And the LMG34 has definitely seen better days.

Not since the original/initial days of the lulziest LMG34 have I feared Obers. And even then I really wasn't afraid of them or felt they were that scary. They were just a big fat juicy targets that sometimes made my paratroopers or shock troops deathgods.

Then the Brits came out with their Sniper and everything to add insult to injury.

Vet four Obers are really good as they suppress like a MG team. Problem is that getting vetted is a small miracle due to how squishy they are..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★