Login

russian armor

Idlers

23 Nov 2016, 19:10 PM

Its been so long since game release and a few things still make me furious. One of the things that REALLY needs to be fixed is people being AFK and searching for a game. I am sick of people being afk making it a default loss because of reasons. I think there should be a time limit when searching with a countdown where if u are 3 mins AFK you should be removed from searching. Bye
23 Nov 2016, 19:47 PM

With the current search times, due to low and divided player base, this would mean that nobody would ever find a game in 1v1 and 2v2. 1v1 is extremely insane with search times easily over toppling the 10 minute mark. For 2v2 you are looking at a 5 minute plus queue.

Your idea would mean no games ever again lol.
23 Nov 2016, 20:22 PM

With the current search times, due to low and divided player base, this would mean that nobody would ever find a game in 1v1 and 2v2. 1v1 is extremely insane with search times easily over toppling the 10 minute mark. For 2v2 you are looking at a 5 minute plus queue.

Your idea would mean no games ever again lol.

apparently you did not understand the idea! countdown starts when the mouse or kb have no input, and resets when there is an input
23 Nov 2016, 20:35 PM
Donator 11

apparently you did not understand the idea! countdown starts when the mouse or kb have no input, and resets when there is an input

The game has features aimed to allow player waiting for the game while being idle. There are two I can think of. One is that when you minimize the game, the search and your loading progress are shown on the task bar. The other, is that the game produces loud, countinious sound of while searching, so you can hear if it found you a match from another room. Both of these cool features would be useless if we had to do a senseless input in game window just to continue searching.

Also, if such 'feature' was introduced into the game, I would be the first person to write myself a script producing random input in game window.
23 Nov 2016, 21:07 PM

Well in any way there has to be a solution to people joining games and not move a single unit 10mins ingame
23 Nov 2016, 21:44 PM

Well in any way there has to be a solution to people joining games and not move a single unit 10mins ingame

This just isn't feasible what you are suggesting with the game being in its current state. You basically have to do something else when searching for a game since it takes freaking ages to find one.
23 Nov 2016, 22:53 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

This just isn't feasible what you are suggesting with the game being in its current state. You basically have to do something else when searching for a game since it takes freaking ages to find one.

Don't feed the Troll^^

Ofc his Thread is a trollthread.

Atm you have so often 10 min searchtime and he knows that exactly!
24 Nov 2016, 00:22 AM

One is that when you minimize the game, the search and your loading progress are shown on the task bar. The other, is that the game produces loud, countinious sound of while searching, so you can hear if it found you a match from another room. Both of these cool features would be useless if we had to do a senseless input in game window just to continue searching.

Any idea how to turn sound off? I want to listen to music while I browse the web but all i hear is the WHRUUUUUUUUUUUUUU sound of the radar

This just isn't feasible what you are suggesting with the game being in its current state. You basically have to do somthing else when searching for a game since it takes freaking ages to find one.

+1

Don't feed the Troll^^
Ofc his Thread is a trollthread.
Atm you have so often 10 min searchtime and he knows that exactly!

He isn't trolling though, he has a point.
AFKers ruin teamgames to the maximum... The wait time on the weekend was >30 mins for 1 game
24 Nov 2016, 00:29 AM
Donator 11

Any idea how to turn sound off? I want to listen to music while I browse the web but all i hear is the WHRUUUUUUUUUUUUUU sound of the radar

Do you need something more sophisticated that windows build in mixer for this task? :P
24 Nov 2016, 05:53 AM

I am not rolling. And i do know that searching does take long. AFKers ruing games and thats a fact. Wait 8 mins to get a game and having to wait another 10 because someone was AFK the 1st time. Whats the point of finding a game that is not meant to be played
24 Nov 2016, 07:13 AM

Well, you can go from game and still see once you get matched because coh2 icon will turn green slowly as match downloads.

And if I had to waste 10 minutes of waiting in game getting matched, then gg lelic game is over.

All 1v1 players do something productive while waiting for getting match.
24 Nov 2016, 08:05 AM

They are the reason why I switched for 1v1 only.

I love 2v2 (even random) but I had to stop playing them casue of idlers, droppers etc.

I even don't mind if my teammate sucks, but idlers and droppers are worse.

Not to mentions how many 4v4 games they ruin.
24 Nov 2016, 11:05 AM
Patrion 15

it would not be a bad idea if there was a stronger audio cue once that you found a game.
currently its just a subtle change in the games music - something you can easly miss when your in the kitchen doing the dishes while waiting :)
24 Nov 2016, 11:32 AM

it would not be a bad idea if there was a stronger audio cue once that you found a game.
currently its just a subtle change in the games music - something you can easly miss when your in the kitchen doing the dishes while waiting :)

This gave me an idea of some alarm inside bunkers whenever bombarding planes are coming.
24 Nov 2016, 21:38 PM

Do you need something more sophisticated that windows build in mixer for this task? :P

Touche sir!
But then I'd have to re-enable when the bloody thing starts..

I am not rolling. And i do know that searching does take long. AFKers ruing games and thats a fact. Wait 8 mins to get a game and having to wait another 10 because someone was AFK the 1st time. Whats the point of finding a game that is not meant to be played

+1
24 Nov 2016, 22:11 PM
Donator 11

Touche sir!
But then I'd have to re-enable when the bloody thing starts..

What do you think of this solution then?

http://superuser.com/questions/347674/win7-mute-sound-in-mixer-for-particular-application-by-keyboard-shortcut
25 Nov 2016, 00:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This gave me an idea of some alarm inside bunkers whenever bombarding planes are coming.

Gunshot soundbug whenever a game is found :hyper:
25 Nov 2016, 00:51 AM

If game sees somebody's AFK it should make sync error for everybody in 5 min :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 89
unknown 10
unknown 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %