Login

russian armor

Snow covered objects and buildings

11 Nov 2016, 08:07 AM

Hi.

I have some trubbles regarding covering my map with snow on objects and buildings. I know how to do it, and have done it before, I even tested it again in the same scenario by just adding snow to a single building right at the start.

But now after I have added multiple objects and buildings. (Its a city map) it wont work anymore.... Have anyone else noticed this? Is it a bug/ intentional for performance issues or what?

Best regards
Morten4150
13 Nov 2016, 14:32 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

What exactly are you having problems with? The editor likes to leave that setting visually on after you start a new scenario, but after you save or exit and reopen, it will undo it. Is this what you are talking about?
14 Nov 2016, 19:29 PM

Well what I mean is that I testet the snow covering tool at the start at the scenario, and it worked. So I started to adding buildings and other objects. And then I was trying to cover the buldings again with snow and it did not work.
17 Nov 2016, 13:45 PM

Double check that the height map tool "top layer" box is checked, verify the height you are setting it to (or just use additive), and verify the options are correct in scenario properties (I think its scenario properties, where you choose the texture of the snow).

If it is still not working, take screenshots of your height map tool pane, scenario properties window, or just a short video of your attempt.
19 Nov 2016, 18:09 PM

There are also plenty of objects that simply have no visual effects for snow.
22 Nov 2016, 17:45 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

There are also plenty of objects that simply have no visual effects for snow.

This
26 Nov 2016, 07:52 AM

Thanks for helping out. I decided to start making a new map. And constantly cheking that the objects can be covered with snow.

Happy weekend_:D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS