Login

russian armor

Obs problems

7 Nov 2016, 19:51 PM
Senior Referee Badge

So this is the situation:
I can play properly without lag. We also have good internet (296/86 mbps download speed || 346.27 mpbs upload speed). My pc says the stream is online. Everything is ok, BUT when i watch the twitch stream on my second monitor it says the stream is offline.

Anyone else has this problem?
Anyone knows a solution?
Its really really irritating :(
7 Nov 2016, 20:08 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Yo hit me up tomorrow on skype if you don't get help today. I'll be getting up at like 4-5am PST so that's like afternoon for you.
7 Nov 2016, 20:30 PM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Nov 2016, 20:08 PMwouren
Yo hit me up tomorrow on skype if you don't get help today. I'll be getting up at like 4-5am PST so that's like afternoon for you.

You, my friend, deserve a medal <444>3
8 Nov 2016, 03:22 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

So this is the situation:
I can play properly without lag. We also have good internet (296/86 mbps download speed || 346.27 mpbs upload speed). My pc says the stream is online. Everything is ok, BUT when i watch the twitch stream on my second monitor it says the stream is offline.

Anyone else has this problem?
Anyone knows a solution?
Its really really irritating :(

Change servers, twitch had an issue. I had to change servers before going live, due to the same thing.
8 Nov 2016, 07:21 AM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2016, 03:22 AMTric

Change servers, twitch had an issue. I had to change servers before going live, due to the same thing.

My server is currently on amsterdam. You say i should change it to for example a server close in germany?
Anyways i will try it, thx :D
8 Nov 2016, 07:29 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I found that twitch would often say you're still "offline" and not show you your viewer count for a very long time, even tho the stream was working. Is this all that is happening? Do you still get the audio/video of your stream, even tho it says "offline" in the dashboard?

This little bug annoyed me but it was easy enough to ignore.
8 Nov 2016, 08:13 AM
Senior Referee Badge

I found that twitch would often say you're still "offline" and not show you your viewer count for a very long time, even tho the stream was working. Is this all that is happening? Do you still get the audio/video of your stream, even tho it says "offline" in the dashboard?

This little bug annoyed me but it was easy enough to ignore.

Yeah it does say for a pretty long time that you don't have viewers while you have, but that's not the problem.
I have a second monitor which on which i have my obs and the twitch stream opened. So i can see the chat and the view count but i can also see my obs. And often my obs says the stream is online, while twitch says its not and even after refreshing etc it still says im offline (on coh2.org i am also offline).
You had experience with that?
8 Nov 2016, 15:32 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Nope :/

coh2.org not finding you for a few minutes is normal tho, as we only sniff the twitch API every so often.
9 Nov 2016, 01:06 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Nope :/

coh2.org not finding you for a few minutes is normal tho, as we only sniff the twitch API every so often.

The problem he's having is the twitch stream will effectively end for a bit (on twitch, not .org) without a clear reason.

Some info:
We tested it and he can stream a still image, but not a game of coh2 even on the lowest settings. From this we inferred that it's probably not a serverside problem ('probably' because it might've cut out again if the test was longer).

Since OBS casts the last received frame or a black screen even if inputs aren't working, it shouldn't have anything to do with the game capture itself either.

We are thinking it's a computer problem or a finicky internet connection.
9 Nov 2016, 06:29 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Seems like my pc cant handle the encoding. While getting in much micro asking battles with fire etc it seems that obs says "cant handle encoding pls put it down". Gonna try that now, only problem: i dont know how? ^^
Cab somebody explain how to lower it?
9 Nov 2016, 15:37 PM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

Seems like my pc cant handle the encoding. While getting in much micro asking battles with fire etc it seems that obs says "cant handle encoding pls put it down". Gonna try that now, only problem: i dont know how? ^^
Cab somebody explain how to lower it?

add me on steam. i could probably help you.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/FaHu/
9 Nov 2016, 18:33 PM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2016, 15:37 PMFaHu

add me on steam. i could probably help you.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/FaHu/

Will do, thx :)
10 Nov 2016, 11:53 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

If your GPU or CPU can't handle the encoding, you need to lower the resolution, so you're not sending so much info. For example, if you're trying to stream at 1080p, try instead 720p. You could also lower the stream framerate.

What are your GPU and CPU specs?
10 Nov 2016, 14:54 PM
Senior Referee Badge

If your GPU or CPU can't handle the encoding, you need to lower the resolution, so you're not sending so much info. For example, if you're trying to stream at 1080p, try instead 720p. You could also lower the stream framerate.

What are your GPU and CPU specs?

I lowered it to 720, still doesnt work....

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380

14 Nov 2016, 10:40 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

What's your current framerate in OBS?
14 Nov 2016, 11:17 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

Have you try to use in OBS Studio AMD VCE (Video Coding Engine) in place of x264 ? It use less resource than x264 because it use your graphic card VCE in place of your CPU to encode.
14 Nov 2016, 15:15 PM
Senior Referee Badge

What's your current framerate in OBS?

It's currently set on 25 fps.
14 Nov 2016, 15:17 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Have you try to use in OBS Studio AMD VCE (Video Coding Engine) in place of x264 ? It use less resource than x264 because it use your graphic card VCE in place of your CPU to encode.

No i haven't tried that yet! Will do and will let you guys know if it worked :D
14 Nov 2016, 18:21 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I'd try lowering the framerate to 15. I know 15 is crap, but you have to keep trying things and lowering things until you find a stable solution. Then you can start bumping things up again.

Also, which version of OBS are you using? The old standard version, or the "Studio" thing with the GUI interface (which I find to be total crap, by the way). Maybe try the other version.
14 Nov 2016, 20:11 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I'd try lowering the framerate to 15. I know 15 is crap, but you have to keep trying things and lowering things until you find a stable solution. Then you can start bumping things up again.

Also, which version of OBS are you using? The old standard version, or the "Studio" thing with the GUI interface (which I find to be total crap, by the way). Maybe try the other version.

I used the old one. Had the same problems, used the new one and it worked for a long time. And now its not workign anymore.
But i'll definetly try your idea 2, thx for the help :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight