Login

russian armor

Was the panzerwerfer in t3?

5 Nov 2016, 02:40 AM

Was the werfer at one point in t3? or has it always been tier 4? Should it go back perhaps?
5 Nov 2016, 02:46 AM

Yes it used to be T3. The audio for building T3 (or maybe it's the Battle Phase) still reflects that.
5 Nov 2016, 03:05 AM

Personally, I think if the Pwerfer were in T3, the combination of using it to wipe out AT guns while spamming T3 tanks would be a little too potent.
5 Nov 2016, 03:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2016, 03:05 AMNosliw
Personally, I think if the Pwerfer were in T3, the combination of using it to wipe out AT guns while spamming T3 tanks would be a little too potent.

God forbid the Wehrmacht having any potent combinations to fight the Allies with.
5 Nov 2016, 04:04 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

God forbid the Wehrmacht having any potent combinations to fight the Allies with.

TBH, what would you replace it with?

I don't think it's neccesary, but if the premise is, we MUST put at all cost PW on T3, then i would try the following.
Adjust accordingly teching cost.
T2 unlocks T3.
T3 comes with Stug/Ostwind. BP2 unlocks n T4 PW
T4 comes with PIV/Brum. BP3 unlocks PV

5 Nov 2016, 08:38 AM

TBH, what would you replace it with?

I don't think it's neccesary, but if the premise is, we MUST put at all cost PW on T3, then i would try the following.
Adjust accordingly teching cost.
T2 unlocks T3.
T3 comes with Stug/Ostwind. BP2 unlocks n T4 PW
T4 comes with PIV/Brum. BP3 unlocks PV

That would be an "interesting" change indeed, considering that the Panzerwerfer is basically the saving grace of German high-end tech. Putting it in Tier III removes the last incentive to build that last building, because none of the units left in there would in any way be worth their cost (a small argument could be made in favour of the StuPa, but considering its cost, time of arrival, performance, and veterancy requirements that argument is easily wiped away). It surely would make Ostheer feel more interesting than it does now (which is not hard to achieve, with Ostheer-play being as interesting as stepping into dog-shit), but I'd rather have that done through making these units competitive again instead of basically throwing them away.

Of course this could also be combined with the direly needed call-in integration into the tech tree, but that is extremely unlikely to ever happen, due to the then necessary adjustments to all factions's tech costs and timings.
5 Nov 2016, 09:05 AM

Did you see any other faction accessing this kind of artillery in tier 3 or mid game if you prefer?
Or maybe it's not enough that the Pwerfer is overperforming?
5 Nov 2016, 09:15 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2016, 09:05 AMIamCat

Did you see any other faction accessing this kind of artillery in tier 3 or mid game if you prefer?

The OKW provide a precedent of this with the Walking Stuka. The opportunity cost of doing so that early is way bigger than this proposal though.
5 Nov 2016, 10:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2016, 03:05 AMNosliw

Something like Recon + Calliope to clear out Paks to roll in with spammed Shermans? :D
5 Nov 2016, 12:11 PM

Something like Recon + Calliope to clear out Paks to roll in with spammed Shermans? :D

That is doctrinal and requires a lot of resources. Pwerfer in T3 would mean pwerfer every game in combination with stug spam way before calliop arrives.
5 Nov 2016, 12:15 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2016, 09:05 AMIamCat

Okw has stuka and brits have land matress. What if it was in T3 but lost the supression?
5 Nov 2016, 12:36 PM

That is doctrinal and requires a lot of resources. Pwerfer in T3 would mean pwerfer every game in combination with stug spam way before calliop arrives.

It's doctrinal but that's not the case since it's problably most picked USF doctrine and definetly brain-less doctrine.

And what resources it requires? It costs less than T4 PzWerfer :D
5 Nov 2016, 13:16 PM

It's doctrinal but that's not the case since it's problably most picked USF doctrine and definetly brain-less doctrine.

And what resources it requires? It costs less than T4 PzWerfer :D

Yeah I know. But if it was put in T3, you would rape the USF guy before he even got to calliop lol. I would simply go double stug and pwerfer. Pwerfer cab deter rifle blob and double stugs can go hunting.

I just want the game to be balanced. Slight adjustments here and there so every faction cab compete equally.
5 Nov 2016, 14:47 PM

Swapping the P4 and the Panzerwerfer would be the only feasible option honestly. But even then, the implications are pretty significant. Ostheer T4 would be in such a sorry state. Everyone would just use call-in tigers or command tanks instead of bothering with T4.

Any time I look at Ostheer's tiers and teching I just can't help but feel that CoH1 Wehrmacht unit composition was superior in every way, design-wise.

Panzerwerfer being an upgrade for halftracks @ t4 was an excellent notion, and the nebelwerfer in T3 filled its role spectacularly.

Between Ostheer and OKW there's the tools for two well designed factions, they've just been mixed up between each other.

(Hell I made a mod that essentially merged the two and it actually worked pretty well. You just have to break from the current system of design to make the factions work. It really takes more than a few unit swaps. Redesign is more appropriate than rebalance.)
5 Nov 2016, 17:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Need test it in mod, but i dont like that idea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight