Login

russian armor

Learn to adapt

4 Nov 2016, 22:24 PM
Senior Editor Badge

The Defensive "Community" Commander (and the Soviet equivalent) is gained by registering your Steam-account's email address with Relic. This is possible ingame, if you haven't already done so. There is no other way of getting it.

Right, but we were talking about this guy:

Mobile Defenses Doctrine

(of which Lend Lease would be the Soviet equivalent).
4 Nov 2016, 22:28 PM

I think they gave it us for free once. So everybody has it.
4 Nov 2016, 22:32 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2016, 22:28 PMDanyek
I think they gave it us for free once. So everybody has it.

Right, but do you also have it when you buy the game now?
4 Nov 2016, 22:36 PM

I think yes, everybody gets it. I'm not 100% sure tho, so don't get my word as wisdom. But I think I got CoH2 after it and I have it too.
5 Nov 2016, 03:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2016, 19:16 PMDanyek

With the turbo mortar lurking around? :guyokay:

I don't even get a sniper against USF since it got in the live game, too risky. You are better off with 2v1-ing lone riflemens with double grens or rushing down pinned rifles with pios.

Against UKF is a better choice in a way, that they start off with lesser squads that needs to be in cover to be effective so you can poke them till they get bored and retreat or die. But against riflemen that wouldn't work as they perform the same in cover as not in cover and with 5 mans they just rush the sniper. And microing the "shoot a guy with a sniper then run home, then go back and repeat" is not worthy against them in the current state.

Mortar is less of a problem unless you are not in full health (you will survive a direct impact).
If you are only depending on miss micro on Rifle vs gren engagements and ONLY on your MG42 play, then yeah, expect to get roflstomp by a Stuart. I'm not saying get a sniper 24/7, but atm, it's one of the strongest units OH has access to.

"So good people, help me to adapt as Ostheer, since clearly it is all me. Tell me what I can do on these perfectly designed maps against double USF mortar, riflemen hordes, a fast Stuart and either double CalliOP or a Pershi"

1-If mortarS are early, they lack infantry pressure. Try to 2v1 early on, on positions which are not near the mortar.
2-If you use a sniper, you might force a LT tech. If he goes for an M20 you can then proceed to the M20 vs 222 phase.
222s are more or less a liability if they just rush Stuart. If the Stuart is delayed, you can then put pressure on the mortars with the 222.
3-Another answer to fast Stuart is panic Puma.
4-Several CalliOPs are more of a 2v2+ issue. When CalliOPs are called, that means almost none medium tank play for quite a while (more so if they got a light vehicles). Rely less on support weapons (not saying not use them, but don't rely on say a pak wall as your only AT) n slowly transition into more mechanize (mediums) mobile force
5-Pershing: use Stugs n TWP (both the pak and stug version). Pershing play is almost telegraphed. They probably won't get major for a long time and rely just on Stuart n infantry.
5 Nov 2016, 08:50 AM

Right, but we were talking about this guy:

Mobile Defenses Doctrine

(of which Lend Lease would be the Soviet equivalent).

Almost the same requirements apply, you either get it by registering your email-address with Relic, or simply by starting the game for the first time (depending on when you bought you game).
Vaz
5 Nov 2016, 16:47 PM

I think you're mostly talking about 1v1. What kind of level are you at? You facing average joes, noobs, or the more sophisticated players closer to the top?

If the mortar is your problem and you don't want to use a grw, maybe consider grens and sniper? It's hard to tell because we don't know the timings of these engagements you're referring to.

Maybe post some replays highlighting your performance?

Grens are better than riflemen if you can keep them mid to long range. If you let them get close, espcially if they have bars, then you will lose. Fortunately you have a mobile tool to encourage the range you want, mg42. Just keep it behind your main force, outside of mortar range. If the rifles come too close, they get suppressed by the MG. If they stay back, they lose at range. The only thing that becomes a problem at that point is the mortar, but you can move around a little to dodge the mortar. If you outnumber him, then you can just engage the rifles with one squad and move another squad to attack the mortar at the same time. Can't be in 2 places at once.

The Stuart is pretty easy to deal with. You just save up the munitions for a teller mine and place it smartly. It's going to blow up if it runs over the mine. If it doesn't run over the mine on it's own, just encourage it with bait, like a 222 or sniper. Get a pak for backup in case he magically avoids the mine. When people try to escape from pushing too deep into enemy territory, it's common to just reverse back to base, without any kind of special avoidance, so the mine will get tripped. Panzer grenadiers with shreks might also do well if you're good at surprise attacks.

The Coliope is a bit more difficult and I think the best advice I can give is not something unique to OST, but to dealing with indirect fire period. You need to know what your opponent is trying to knock out and mitigate that. Usually this is going to be your main infantry, so the solution is to spread them out at rest and do your best to keep them out of view until you're ready to use them. If you know the enemy has just seen your force and you hear the noise for the rockets, change your trajectory. You need to do something unexpected. Usually the prescence of the caliope is going to mean you aren't going to see many tanks, so this goes back to your replay because we don't know what you're spending an equal amount of fuel on.

To solve my problems, I typically use a mental strategy I call attacking myself. I just look at what I have and figure out how if I was my opponent that I would attack myself. Then start closing up vulnerabilities. It's very defensive, so like most people you may not like it.

If you are getting flanked a lot, consider placing mines along common flank routes. This will make it challenging for poor planners to attack you from flanks. It doesn't matter that they can see the signs, if they don't bring a minesqeeper, they won't get through with much health. Also, you can place those MG bunkers on your flanks, instead of on the fronts where they will meet heavy fire.

Link to some replays so people can give you more accurate advice.
5 Nov 2016, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2016, 16:47 PMVaz

The Stuart is pretty easy to deal with. You just save up the munitions for a teller mine and place it smartly. It's going to blow up if it runs over the mine. If it doesn't run over the mine on it's own, just encourage it with bait, like a 222 or sniper. Get a pak for backup in case he magically avoids the mine.

lol
lol
lol
and lol

Easy to deal with? You must be either speaking about dumb v dumb aka 4v4s where everybody throws in everything or are playing at about top 1000 1v1. No offense, but dealing with one in 1s against a guy who has half a brain tries not to kamikaze it for everything he sees.

Place it smartly. Again, if your opponent doesn't get a sweeper when facing OH (or anything axis in general) he must be really bad. But even if you manage to make it a surprise, good players won't really send stuff alone for adventures. And if you mean roads by smart placing, I mostly avoid them with vehicles (and I hope a lot of player does it too).

If you are successful encouraging a bait, your opponent isn't that good. In higher levels, people feel what's a bait.

If you try to bait a Stuart with a 222 you are most likely going to lose it instantly if you place your pak too far behind. 1 ability from the stuart and you can say goodbye to 210 manpower and 15 fuel 90% of the time. If you want to bait it with a sniper, you are either brave or silly. For CoH2s huge RNG it's really risky. But if you really wanna bait it with infantry try to use lower health squads that could survive a hit from it.

But maybe somebody can say something from a different perspective

Vaz
5 Nov 2016, 18:10 PM

That was a pretty offensive response to general advice. I watched the replay of Jesulin vs DevM finals and they tripped on mines...I guess they are not top material, like you are.

I'd like to see some replays of these godly stuarts, they have never been too useful for me. I'd rather have a luchs.
5 Nov 2016, 18:29 PM

Sorry, but 1v1 is really different from 4v4s. No problem, I see your offensiveish response for my offensiveish response.

You know, doing things in a match is a lot harder than just watching it and criticizing stuff. I never said that I'm such a top tier material, you are pulling words from thin air.

And I never said that they NEVER going to bump on them. They're just more aware of their environment. And you would be a lot more stressed to win a game if there's a lot of money flying in front of your eyes.

And from arriving Stuart is a much more versatile unit than a Luchs. Even cheaper and won't cripple your infantry force if you choose that tier.

If Luchs wouldn't be bugged, well preserved Luchs' could see some late game usage beyond irritating.

Somebody once said in a thread that the wiping efficiency is like:

T-70 > Stuart > Luchs > AEC

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, everybody learned something this day.
5 Nov 2016, 18:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2016, 18:10 PMVaz
That was a pretty offensive response to general advice. I watched the replay of Jesulin vs DevM finals and they tripped on mines...I guess they are not top material, like you are.

I'd like to see some replays of these godly stuarts, they have never been too useful for me. I'd rather have a luchs.

If you don't see how usf mortar pretty much counters ost t1, then you are blind.
5 Nov 2016, 19:58 PM

If you don't see how usf mortar pretty much counters ost t1, then you are blind.

It doesn't tho.... Bruh don't camp and you be fine
6 Nov 2016, 09:28 AM

It does. Don't camp as Ost? Lol? Mg42, pak40 and Grens are your core units. They need to stand still. uSF laser guided mortar rekts them all.
6 Nov 2016, 11:04 AM

That advice is about as useful, as telling a Brit player to keep his infantry constantly on the move. Which would be less dumb than your advice, because a Brit player doesn't have to rely on combined arms as much as Ostheer, because his core infantry is significantly better.

I don't agree with a lot of things being said by both sides in this thread (one half here sounds like "Everything is OP!" while the other half is in full damage-control mode "GIT GUD!"), but this statement easily tops everything here in terms of how far away from the game's reality it is, not to mention how blatantly wrong it is.
6 Nov 2016, 11:47 AM
Donator 11

Lets make it simple - stuart is really powerfull, not impossible to beat, not super OP and not a godly 5 dimensional creature like the usf mortar, but definitely a must go in every 1v1 match.

And the mortar, well, the mortar is just OP as hell.
6 Nov 2016, 13:28 PM

Lets make it simple - stuart is really powerfull, not impossible to beat, not super OP and not a godly 5 dimensional creature like the usf mortar, but definitely a must go in every 1v1 match.

Don't forget vet3 terminator riflemen with double LMGs :rofl:
Vaz
7 Nov 2016, 18:53 PM

Ok, that's a more sensible assessment and thank you for specifying the game mode it best applies to

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2016, 13:28 PMDanyek

Don't forget vet3 terminator riflemen with double LMGs :rofl:

Grens are pretty bad ass with their lmg at vet3. It's pretty common for me to lose 3 or 4 entities from a single mid-long burst. It's kind of hard to fight that, just as it is with the vet3 dual lmg rifles. Obers aren't too nice at higher vet either. Actually the only LMG's I haven't seen be a max vet nightmare are the British ones.
7 Nov 2016, 20:03 PM

It does. Don't camp as Ost? Lol? Mg42, pak40 and Grens are your core units. They need to stand still. uSF laser guided mortar rekts them all.

Be a man and don't use meta units ya darn pleb. Be like edible and go Pr0struppen, mobility mixed with mg spam. In other words, eat up the map and hold, always keeps mg's moving after engagements, move them out of buildings if getting bombarded. Not difficult.
7 Nov 2016, 20:05 PM

That advice is about as useful, as telling a Brit player to keep his infantry constantly on the move. Which would be less dumb than your advice, because a Brit player doesn't have to rely on combined arms as much as Ostheer, because his core infantry is significantly better.

I don't agree with a lot of things being said by both sides in this thread (one half here sounds like "Everything is OP!" while the other half is in full damage-control mode "GIT GUD!"), but this statement easily tops everything here in terms of how far away from the game's reality it is, not to mention how blatantly wrong it is.

See you in 1 vs 1 Mirdarion, bring your empty opinions and salt with you. :snfPeter:
8 Nov 2016, 08:45 AM

Be a man and don't use meta units ya darn pleb. Be like edible and go Pr0struppen, mobility mixed with mg spam. In other words, eat up the map and hold, always keeps mg's moving after engagements, move them out of buildings if getting bombarded. Not difficult.

I can't tag you for lunacy, otherwise I would have lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★