Login

russian armor

Why Elite Troops is the most versatile doctrine for OST

4 Nov 2016, 14:43 PM

I dont wanna make this post too Long, so I will just sum up the most important Point.

- Many People say that a huge issue of Wehrmacht is that it cant compensate (vetted) inf losses in mid and late game well since grens and pgrens stand no chance vs allied inf on vet 0.. which is true!

UNLESS you have stormtroopers :D Stormtroopers with stg44 are better and cheaper than british commandos.. and with stealth you can counter allied double lmg troops (They can't shoot what they can't see ;) ) --> just stay cloaked with them until the enemy squad is very close, this NASTY tactical assault ability from stg44 or how it's called is awesome in such situations

- Axis inf usually has a disadvantage on urban maps.. unless you have stun/flash grenades ;)

- defensive smoke on all vehicles.. I guess I dont need to explain the strength of this ability

- Many People are not sure about Tiger Ace or think it's a bad idea to call it in.. this is why I barely see Tiger Aces in CoH2 :(
But this unit is so strong: You can skip t4 with it, besides that Panthers are too weak atm vs strong allies tanks like comet or heavy call-ins, while vet 0 tigers or elefant often get easily out-maneuvered.. ofc the down side is that the fuel and mp income is frozen, so you should have some t3 vehicles already on the field before you call it in, also you are forced to play very wisely with your troops, ESPECIALLY with your inf #mpBleed, but which is not so hard with cloaking stormtroopers imo ;)
4 Nov 2016, 15:10 PM

Don't forget the G43. It's cheap and I like it early on my Grenadiers since I can keep them moving and not suffer a steep accuracy penalty.
4 Nov 2016, 15:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Would be a very good commander if Stormtroopers had a few issues ironed out...and maybe Ace turned into a simple MP+FU expenditure.
4 Nov 2016, 15:48 PM

Stormtroopers - Nothing LMG Grens or PGs can´t do as well for cost.

G43 - Okay, but I consider them more of an intermediate LMG42 upgrade for less munitions.

Stun Grenades - Quite good.

Smoke
- Excellent.

Tiger Ace - A regular Tiger will perform just as well and not cripple your economy. At the time Tigers or the Ace arrive you will ususally have enough fuel. Manpower will be the limiting factor rendering the Tiger Ace essentially useless imo.

That being said I consider the Tiger + Kanonen-Stuka doctrine or the Tiger + Mortar HT doctrine way better.
4 Nov 2016, 16:09 PM

That being said I consider the Tiger + Kanonen-Stuka doctrine or the Tiger + Mortar HT doctrine way better.

Do you mean Lightening War and Spearhead?

If you do (personally I love Lightening War) then I agree simply because I can't stand the resource drain caused by calling in the Tiger Ace. That alone usually prevents me from choosing Elite Troops.

The other commander that is good is Mechanized Assault.
4 Nov 2016, 16:11 PM

Do you mean Lightening War and Spearhead?

If you do (personally I love Lightening War) then I agree simply because I can't stand the resource drain caused by calling in the Tiger Ace. That alone usually prevents me from choosing Elite Troops.

The other commander that is good is Mechanized Assault.
Exactly. I´m not going to remember the random doctrine names they made up. They make absolutely no sense.
4 Nov 2016, 16:19 PM

Permanently Banned
The most bad part of this doc is tiger ass penalty, you can not call him when you need him, coz if you dont have 2-3 pio, infatry, pacs, its will useless and fact that with ostheer need get 800mp. Unit need rework. All another are good or not bad.
4 Nov 2016, 16:22 PM

Deutsches Fragewort mit drei Buchstaben: Häh?
Elite troops is boring. As are call in doctrines in general. Pull ambushes with Jaeger inf or Storm, cultivate your play with festung support and discover your inner hipster with defensive doctrine or german inf. ;)
5 Nov 2016, 11:08 AM

Most of you here don´t get whats the main purpose of tiger ace.

Tiger ace is not last saving grace tank, if you screwed, tiger ace won´t save you.

Tiger ace is finishing tank. You can use saved fuel for panzer mid game and have cca 2-3 panzers when you can call in tiger ace.

You don´t need pios for tiger ace or anything else. You just call it and use it as suicide tank along with your panzers and infantry. Tiger ace and 2 panzers will kill enemy tanks and infantry alike while you push and get most of map. Afterwards tiger ace die, so you won´t be cripelled and can continue normally with most of map big fuel income and no enemy tank destroyers/heavies that can gain ground.
5 Nov 2016, 12:01 PM

Tiger ace is not last saving grace tank, if you screwed, tiger ace won´t save you.

Tiger ace is finishing tank. You can use saved fuel for panzer mid game and have cca 2-3 panzers when you can call in tiger ace.

You don´t need pios for tiger ace or anything else. You just call it and use it as suicide tank along with your panzers and infantry. Tiger ace and 2 panzers will kill enemy tanks and infantry alike while you push and get most of map. Afterwards tiger ace die, so you won´t be cripelled and can continue normally with most of map big fuel income and no enemy tank destroyers/heavies that can gain ground.

I have to agree with this. Gain as much of the map as possible an push hard - if don't overextend nonetheless, as you have to make that push count. The problem with this strategy is the general disability of Ostheer to hold onto large portions of the map. If you don't get lucky which that one, massive push by wiping enough infantry and destroying enough vehicle, your enemy will be right back, and since nothing you have will properly contain anything but the Soviets, it will eventually drag the match out and thus make your position worse than before (due to the resource drain of the Ace).

If you want to make it work, try to use it in 2v2 with another Ostheer player who has Encirclement. That way you can push the enemies off the map without bothering to clear out the middle, because "Close the pocket" will take care of that for you. This is very hard to pull off properly though, and very map dependent.
5 Nov 2016, 12:20 PM
Donator 11

Ace is good if you can build a t3 tank army first and keep them alive, becouse you won't be able to rebuild them. This is in fact the only doctrine that really makes it important to preserve vehicles, not only infantry squads. This promotes good vehicle play.

Making ace a fuel based callin would destroy the whole uniqness and fun of this doctrine.
5 Nov 2016, 12:51 PM

i agree with hector on it, NO ONE can say tiger ace is a bad thing.
800 mp for a tiger vet 3 that you can simply throw and kill eveyrthing is very powerfull.

So yeah, during 2 or 3 min your fuel and muni incomes will be decreased but it's worth it.

- Stun grenades -> Very good
- G43 -> Good ( gren will still get wiped by double bar riflemen ).
- Smoke -> Very good
- Stormtrooper -> ....... Not that good that you think aerafield.

Cloack is awesome but you can get it on regular pgren, gren and even mg42.
Make some maths :

Stormtrooper -> 100 muni to get cloack and stg 44.
PGREN -> Already have STG44, 45 muni to get cloack.

Which is the most cost effecient ?

and cloack is good when you are quite good at micro and mostly defending because it's duration is not as long as on ost sniper.
you can't just moove from a bush to another and stay hidden.

But still, aerafield made a good point on that commander and i'm also surprised to don t see it much more in 1 vs 1, especially against maxim spammer and Brits.
5 Nov 2016, 18:56 PM

TA needs the stun shot back to shine once again :megusta:
5 Nov 2016, 21:48 PM

- Stormtrooper -> ....... Not that good that you think aerafield.

Cloack is awesome but you can get it on regular pgren, gren and even mg42.
Make some maths :

Stormtrooper -> 100 muni to get cloack and stg 44.
PGREN -> Already have STG44, 45 muni to get cloack.

Which is the most cost effecient ?

You are right... but bad thing is that the rest of the abilities of doctrines with 45 mun cloak is usually garbage :( maybe jaeger inf doctrine is kinda good with the ju87 Anti tank planes. But still not as versatile as Elite troops imo.

This cloaking to counter double lmg inf is one of my core arguments, just to clearify :) This is how you break the allies meta imo. :D

This doctrine just kinda compensates EVERY axis disadvantage !! (smoke to buff vehicles, nades to buff urban and cover battles, and the cloak thing + "stunning" tiger ace)

But still, aerafield made a good point on that commander and i'm also surprised to don t see it much more in 1 vs 1, especially against maxim spammer and Brits.

6 Nov 2016, 03:30 AM
Donator 11

Scope, Command tank, arty and lots of smoke. what else you need? :D
6 Nov 2016, 07:55 AM

Just for to mention:

Elitedoctrine = Pershingcompany.

Same universal long range powerful tank, same efficient close-combat infantry + some useless passives and abilities.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★