Login

russian armor

Best Soviet Commander?

4 Nov 2016, 08:32 AM

I was thinking either Partisan Tactics, Tank Hunter or Shock Army. Any thoughts? *I'm really just looking for suggestions as to which commander I should get, since I almost have the supply fund to do it*

MODE: 3v3/4v4
4 Nov 2016, 08:47 AM
Senior Editor Badge

4 Nov 2016, 09:12 AM

3v3 or 4v4 (but mostly 4v4)
4 Nov 2016, 09:12 AM

Tank Hunter, in 3v3/4v4? AHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edit: Get yourself something with a T-34/85 kid, it will last longer.
4 Nov 2016, 11:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

In larger team games, pick commanders that have powerful late-game units and abilities.

For example, Mechanized Support, Soviet Industry, and Armored Assault are strong for team games.

There aren't any Soviet Commanders that have amazing team-synergy (support) power, but all three of the above doctrines have powerful late-game heavy armor choices, and two of them (Mechanized Support and Armored Assault) have great off-map abilities.
5 Nov 2016, 02:19 AM

consript tactics

Oh you have an MG thiere? Let me just rush up with my conscripts and hit the dirt, see how well you can pinne me now beach! ( i know what i wrote)

Oh you killed 2 of my squads? oh no what ever will i do! oh yea i get to extra squads becuse i have rapid concsrption turned on.

Oh you have a tank? I WILL CLOGE YOURE TREADS WITH MY CONSCRIPTS!!
7 Nov 2016, 19:25 PM

No doubt the Shock rifle frontline tactics , it has shock troops , a good heavy tank and anti tank gun ambush is pretty useful too.But thats for 1v1-2v2. For 4v4 i think a commander with T-34/85's would do fine
7 Nov 2016, 19:38 PM
Donator 11

I am currently playing some 4v4s with my friends and I guess, this is one of the best commanders you can pick on this gamemode.

- Soviet Combined Arms Army

T1 Penals + Guards + Recon + 152mm Howitzer + IL2

With this commander you have a strong late game infantry with penals+guards combo, recon to kill enemy Howithers with IL2 and 152mm if your opponents don't have Stuka Dive Bomb.

any thoughts?
7 Nov 2016, 20:47 PM
Donator 11

After the buffs to su85 and t-34/76, soviets are less reliant on commanders in team games than ever. That opens them chance to strike with your leadout where it hurts the most. You can compose your leadout from commanders that are particularly good against some kind of strategy. It's best when they counter commander or even whole faction, that way you can make most of your decision basing on seeing leadouts of your opponents on the loading screen.

For example static artillery is generally considered bad as it is easily hardcountered by offmap strikes. It happens though, that opposing team has none of very little of such abilies in the loadout, meaning that most probably they won't have them in game. For such situation its good to lurk one artillery commander amongst the three. When it is not countered static artillery is very powerfull.

The same goes another way round. If you make sure you have a commander with FAB IL2 bomb strike, you can always respond with a hardcounter to opponents building artillery pieces.

In case any of these situations happen, you always need another commander that has what works best in general - t34/85 and/or an IS-2. And guards, dont forget the guards.

Of course this is example taking into consideration mostly artillery strategies as it is easy to spot and work with. There are many other aspects of opponent loadout or build that can be used to determine your commander pick and that you could prepare for to have that pick available.
7 Nov 2016, 21:29 PM

Best soviet commander? The one that is good at guarding motors.

On a more serious note pretty much any commander that has guards in it is great - ISU, T34 85s, Howitzer, all great for team games. Just be careful that the commander must suit the map and also what you are facing.

For example picking the howitzer doc is great against okw because you can siege their trucks and they also lack good counters to it, unlike ost who can stuka dive bomb you. T34-85s are particularly good on wide, open maps because they can flank easier and use their speed to their advantage. ISU is better for narrow, long range maps that have little shot blockers or flanking routes.
7 Nov 2016, 22:15 PM

Soviet Reserve Army for endless con spam, arty and AT partisans.
Forward HQ or Partisans are usually an easy win on maps with many houses (and there are too many big maps with too many houses)
Mechanized Assault is a good mix but eventually gets countered by Elefant and JT.
Guard-Motor offers something good at all stages of the game.
14 Nov 2016, 02:30 AM

I was thinking either Partisan Tactics, Tank Hunter or Shock Army. Any thoughts? *I'm really just looking for suggestions as to which commander I should get, since I almost have the supply fund to do it*

MODE: 3v3/4v4

DOOOOD!

Partisan is just rape on wheels if you are against pubbers who dont use mines.
I've successfully used it in a few matches and managed to get a few guys to rage quit because they lost 3 222's in a row to 2 squads.

For me, the firepower of shocks and range of the 120mm mortar is too much to pass by, so I choose that commander (forget what it's called)
14 Nov 2016, 10:25 AM

The answer to the question Question is related to mod (1vs1 2vs2 3vs3 4vs4), play style and teammates faction....
14 Nov 2016, 15:52 PM

Had much fun with Tank Hunter since stock armor buff.
Penals, snipers, PTRS cons, T-34, SU-85, Katy. Combined arms at its best.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★