Login

russian armor

[OKW] Do they fixed medic buff?

26 Oct 2016, 14:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Do they fixed medic buff after introducing side-tech to medics? Because there was a buff in previous patch notes, but was not coded in the game.

Simple question - simple answer.

26 Oct 2016, 14:56 PM

Wasnt mentioned in latest patchnotes so its still 60% slower than intented...
26 Oct 2016, 15:53 PM

strange ... OKW medic should be the best healing in the game
26 Oct 2016, 16:12 PM

Don't know if it is placebo or not but OKW medics still heal crazy slow. At least it feels that way. Not sure why they don't just make every medic unit heal at the same rate... asymmetrical balance I guess...
26 Oct 2016, 16:31 PM

Do they fixed medic buff after introducing side-tech to medics? Because there was a buff in previous patch notes, but was not coded in the game.

Simple question - simple answer.

If you know it wasn't applied in the game's code before... why not check the game's code now?
26 Oct 2016, 20:12 PM

Judging from the bugs/features that were fixed, a few which make life for the OKW much harder now, it appears OKW quality of life issues are overlooked somewhat by the modders in favour of their preferred factions.
26 Oct 2016, 20:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2016, 20:12 PMRappy
Judging from the bugs/features that were fixed, a few which make life for the OKW much harder now, it appears OKW quality of life issues are overlooked somewhat by the modders in favour of their preferred factions.

workshop card pls

If you believe that something about OKW is buggy and important enough to be fixed (except for JP4 predator camo & flakHT weird setup bugs), that none of us have caught on, then go ahead and suggest it. Miragefla has a thread of his own dedicated to the Competitive Edition mod. I have a thread of my own dedicated to the QoL mod, and we tend to talk behind the scenes and compare notes.

If you have the time, go through the notes here, and let me know if I have missed something*:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/55521/mr-smith-s-quality-of-life-mod

* most of the stuff that affect all factions are under General changes.
26 Oct 2016, 23:15 PM

workshop card pls

If you believe that something about OKW is buggy and important enough to be fixed (except for JP4 predator camo & flakHT weird setup bugs), that none of us have caught on, then go ahead and suggest it. Miragefla has a thread of his own dedicated to the Competitive Edition mod. I have a thread of my own dedicated to the QoL mod, and we tend to talk behind the scenes and compare notes.

If you have the time, go through the notes here, and let me know if I have missed something*:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/55521/mr-smith-s-quality-of-life-mod

* most of the stuff that affect all factions are under General changes.

He's obviously full of crap in that your QoL mod does make a change to OKW healing by making an HQ upgrade available, and obviously has tons of other axis fixes and adjustments. But wouldn't it make sense to fix the OKW healing rate bug in your mod?

Also, thank you for helping make the patches possible. It is appreciated.
26 Oct 2016, 23:37 PM

I'm not sure why all healing hasn't been to switched over to aura effects yet. Much cleaner/more efficient and no medic models screwing with pathing.
27 Oct 2016, 00:47 AM

He's obviously full of crap in that your QoL mod does make a change to OKW healing by making an HQ upgrade available, and obviously has tons of other axis fixes and adjustments. But wouldn't it make sense to fix the OKW healing rate bug in your mod?

That's ironic man, since it was myself who was one of first, if not the first person back in april (when the balance preview was announced) who suggested bringing OKW medics to the base, a solution that has been adopted here.

In any case, I wasn't referring to specific external mods either and I apologise if I offended anyone in particular. Mirageflas mod, for example, had a bunch more OKW fixes than made it into the official "balance" patch. However, as I understand it now, Relic are handing over their balance issues to some of these modders. So I was specifically talking about the focus for the mods that make it into the game, such as the one recently released.
27 Oct 2016, 06:46 AM

I don't think a healing rate upgrade is needed when you can get access to medics on both the HQ and the MedHQ at the same time. Vet3 Volks also get passive healing at vet3. It would be too much of an overkill.

Perhaps part of the reason why medics seem to take so long to reach the wounded is that the entire OKW blob tends to cluster up at the 1 of the 4-or-so individual retreat antennas at the medHQ.

Maybe spawning a huge, invisible medHQ on top of the actual medHQ to act as a forward retreat point would help with the pathing. Otherwise, perhaps telling medics not to chase after moving units is good enough of a fix.

The WFA faction counterpart doesn't have that issue, since they get the ambulance.
27 Oct 2016, 07:39 AM

Did.....
27 Oct 2016, 10:52 AM

I'm not sure why all healing hasn't been to switched over to aura effects yet. Much cleaner/more efficient and no medic models screwing with pathing.

Yes, yes and yes. Relic please. Relic. If you are really that stubborn and ingorant about the balance implications of faction identity, or asymmetric design, go ahead and keep the medics, keep the animations, keep the pathing bullshit, but give the fuckers an AURA for once. Give it to all of the medics in the game and they shall rejoice and feel the healing power around themselves.
27 Oct 2016, 11:59 AM

I don't think a healing rate upgrade is needed when you can get access to medics on both the HQ and the MedHQ at the same time. Vet3 Volks also get passive healing at vet3. It would be too much of an overkill.

Perhaps part of the reason why medics seem to take so long to reach the wounded is that the entire OKW blob tends to cluster up at the 1 of the 4-or-so individual retreat antennas at the medHQ.

Maybe spawning a huge, invisible medHQ on top of the actual medHQ to act as a forward retreat point would help with the pathing. Otherwise, perhaps telling medics not to chase after moving units is good enough of a fix.

The WFA faction counterpart doesn't have that issue, since they get the ambulance.

Ah I see. In the context of your mod, that makes sense.

Glad Relic is implementing your stuff, would be beneficial if they could implement more of it.
27 Oct 2016, 12:23 PM

+1

This would be a great change. It is miserable watching half hp squads standing around while the stupid medics go chasing after moving units.
27 Oct 2016, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2016, 12:23 PMCieZ

+1

This would be a great change. It is miserable watching half hp squads standing around while the stupid medics go chasing after moving units.

Turning all heals into aura heals is just going to facilitate mass retreats and heal-reinforce-go kind of blobs even more (since all squads will be done healing at approximately the same time anyway).

It's entirely possible to change the behaviour of medics to prevent them from chasing moving soldiers. I have already done this in my mod.

It's also trivially possible to increase the healing range of medics, so that clustered squads don't inhibit their movement as much.
27 Oct 2016, 13:08 PM

Turning all heals into aura heals is just going to facilitate mass retreats and heal-reinforce-go kind of blobs even more (since all squads will be done healing at approximately the same time anyway).

It's entirely possible to change the behaviour of medics to prevent them from chasing moving soldiers. I have already done this in my mod.

It's also trivially possible to increase the healing range of medics, so that clustered squads don't inhibit their movement as much.

Can you confirm if OKW healrate is still 5 or has it been changed to 8?
27 Oct 2016, 13:09 PM

+1 totally agree with this
27 Oct 2016, 13:28 PM

Can you confirm if OKW healrate is still 5 or has it been changed to 8?

It's still 5.

For this patch, if something isn't in the patchnotes, it hasn't been changed.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★