Login

russian armor

Non RNG Mod for Company of Heroes 2

25 Oct 2016, 12:55 PM

Is it possible for such a mod to exist? I wouldn't know how, when and where it factors into the game. Most people have seen it with new players. It's probably the reason people zero their prestige rank to win.

I'm sure a lot of people would want a COH2 free of RNG. It's created a terrible player base. It's just a copy of the COD franchise.

Next thing you know they have a COH2 Infinite warfare xD. Complete with homo skins costing 1000000$.

Maybe the mod could become more popular than the game, like dota or cs.
25 Oct 2016, 13:16 PM

U know that RNG is one thing that makes this game beutifull, like in real war, u never know how good your soliders will be when u send em to hell, as well as All other artilery pieces and penetration shit. Game has big learning curve i give u that, i myself lost like first 50 games in a row, but look now, I have been in top 100 with 4 different factions. And how is it ciopy from cod? (havent played it since cod4 so..)
25 Oct 2016, 13:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Yes, it should be possible: Giving infantry weapons 100% accuracy with much lower damage; giving bigger weapons 0 accuracy and 0 scatter, so that they always hit exactly where they're aiming but shots do not home in; and so forth. Would be a lot of work though!
25 Oct 2016, 13:21 PM

Most vet bonuses and armour would have to be turned into a reduced-received-damage thing. Things that shouldn't penetrate/hit other things should be given special rules (e.g, bazookas never damaging infantry, 50-cal not shredding king tigers).

I also have no idea how you can possibly implement front-armour vs rear-armour things (i.e., giving a flanking tank bonus to damage when attacking from behind).

The big question though, is how do fix squad-vs-squad target acquisition. In the live game, it can make a world of difference whether you have 5 Riflemen picking out a single sturmpioneer model, or have their DPS spread apart.

I haven't seen anything in the modding tools that would let you do anything like that.
25 Oct 2016, 13:34 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Most vet bonuses and armour would have to be turned into a reduced-received-damage thing. Things that shouldn't penetrate/hit other things should be given special rules (e.g, bazookas never damaging infantry, 50-cal not shredding king tigers).

I also have no idea how you can possibly implement front-armour vs rear-armour things (i.e., giving a flanking tank bonus to damage when attacking from behind).

In such a mod, a certain weapon should either always penetrate or never penetrate a certain target. To achieve that, armor "tiers" could be used: A Kübelwagen could have 10 armor, a 251 halftrack 1000, a StuG 100000. A T-70 with a penetration of 1000 would always penetrate the Kübelwagen and 251 halftrack, but never the StuG, because low penetration chances (lower than 3%?) are automatically discarded.

The big question though, is how do fix squad-vs-squad target acquisition. In the live game, it can make a world of difference whether you have 5 Riflemen picking out a single sturmpioneer model, or have their DPS spread apart.

I haven't seen anything in the modding tools that would let you do anything like that.

Adopting a single-entity squad system might be the only solution. Company of Empires 2!

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it would be fun to play. It would be a completely different game!

25 Oct 2016, 18:54 PM

For a start removing RNG affecting things like:
1) Random scout plane crashing right on top of squads and wiping them
2) AT guns requiring 4 shots to destroy a Universal Carrier
3) Guns just happening to "miss" 5 successive shots at a point blank target
4) 0 star Mortars insta wiping full health squads NOT in negative cover as they're retreating

Removing these things wouldn't require such an intense level of modding. Wish there was a sandbox which would highlight these stats in game though.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★