Login

russian armor

Considering coming back

17 Oct 2016, 09:09 AM

Hey guys

I am making this thread because I am considering coming back to the CoH2 again.

I stopped playing shortly after Brits were released (but I still remember Bofor and AVRE nerfs)

I just wanted to ask you about the state of balance and game right now, since I've lost touch a little, apperently.

I always liked that CoH2 was a sort of asymmetric RTS, where Axis were weak early game, and strone late, and where Allies were the opposite, but after GB was added to the rooster, game deterioreted into stationary, trench warfere with way to many arty play.

How is the game now? From what I've heard, the factions are more steamlined than before, which means that Asymetric concept is getting more and more abandoned.

I am intrested mostly in 2v2 and 1v1 meta and balance, everything beyond that is irrelevant to me.

Any comments would be welcome.
17 Oct 2016, 09:26 AM

germans are bad/weak in all phases from a game..Since brits are in game...

since USF got a laser mortar, volks was nerfed (no schrecks anymore), brits get cancer commanders which are the the hardcounter to okw and ost...

yeah..u need muc more skill than ur enemy to win. If both players had some skill: allies will be win (look to the last relic tournement: allies domminate hard)
17 Oct 2016, 09:52 AM

If you're an Axis fan- stay way from this game. It's fucking mess.

Allies fan- Start playing...best time to get those wins and move up the ladder.
17 Oct 2016, 10:11 AM

I suggest reading up the changelogs from the moment you stopped playing to this moment. A lot has changed between all factions and arguably right now the factions are pretty balanced with one another (There's still some issues that need to be resolved with BOTH sides).
17 Oct 2016, 10:54 AM

I've mostly played Ost, some OKW as well.

I do recall that early Ost was a uphill struggle, but if you manage to stall your oponent, you were rewarded with superior late game power.

Is this still valid?
17 Oct 2016, 11:09 AM

I've mostly played Ost, some OKW as well.

I do recall that early Ost was a uphill struggle, but if you manage to stall your oponent, you were rewarded with superior late game power.

Is this still valid?

Yes, with both Axis factions it's still valid.
17 Oct 2016, 11:28 AM
Strategist Badge

it depends what you play, 1v1 2v2 allies axis and at what level.

1v1 balance is in favour of Allies but you can still definitely win. 2v2 is very different but again you can definitely win, 2v2 is more balanced i would say as its more likely you can get to that late game where axis does best.

Be aware however that you will need to learn the new meta and develop an understanding of a couple of unit changes and in particular the new USF mortar. Do not sit under its fire. Other than that jump in a enjoy yourself, don't take it too seriously otherwise you will always get frustrated.

Please don't take much attention of the naysayers, they are bitter old players Kappa
17 Oct 2016, 11:35 AM

The biggest change is Katitof being banned. /thread
17 Oct 2016, 11:40 AM

lol yea, I did not posted here but lurked a lot back in the day, this is a pleasant suprise :D
17 Oct 2016, 12:36 PM

Early game: OKW advantage with Sturmpioniere and Kübelwagen abuse. This applies for the first two minutes. Then it shifts into Soviet superiority due to godly Penals or Maxim + mortar spam. Against US it turns into rifles + mortars. Then you are outclassed. Versus Brits I would say the early game is still balanced.

Ostheer can forget competing. It´s all about Sniper abuse into 222s asap and finish the game there. Lose a Sniper or too many 222s and you are done. One mistake will cost you dearly.

Mid game:
You are horribly outclassed as Axis (both OKW and Ostheer). Early vehicles such as the Stuart, T-70 and AEC dominate. The Cromwell outperforms any Panzer IV by performance and price. Ostwind is crap and the infantry game turns against you since double Brens, double Bars or double DPs on vet Guards become present.

Lategame:
You are stuck with a Panther that doesn´t perform. Especially the Ostheer Panther is a joke on tracks. You get outperformed by any TD or even Cromwells for cost. The Comet adds insult to injury being essentially a more mobile Tiger tank. German heavies can´t deflect shots. If a Brit is involved you lost the game here essentially. Ostheer is fucked. For OKW it has turned into KT every game + Raketenwerfer spam.

To keep it short: As Axis you lose the infantry-, artillery- and tankgame. The only hope is to finish the game early on with cheese strats such as fast Sniper into 222s or Raketenwerfer + Luchs.
17 Oct 2016, 12:59 PM

Stay away if you liked OST. Allied fanboys totally ruined the game. There is no balance just allied dominance in every part of the game. You can have 999 APM and an allied faceroller will still beat you. Sad but true, this game is done.
17 Oct 2016, 13:23 PM

I would wait a bit. At the moment the game isn't that much fun since it isn't balanced. Give it a patch and perhaps consider coming back then.
17 Oct 2016, 13:40 PM

As much as all the whiny wehraboos like to bemoan the state of the game, I usually lose to better players and beat worse ones. I play Wehrmacht, USF, and UKF. I only lose when I get outplayed. I don't get my ass kicked by a us mortar. if you get killed by a mortar you need to #adapt (wasn't that what all the wehraboos said 18 months ago?). The game is balanced fairly well. There is plenty of cheese BS for each faction. There is always a counter. The thing that holds back Wehrmacht the most is the lack of a forward retreat. I can't speak for okw 2.0. I have but a handful of games since the switch. I can say that good okw players can kick my head in and bad ones get their head kicked in.

best suggestion is: play and decide for yourself. brush up on the forums for the latest meta and play a few.
17 Oct 2016, 14:16 PM

As much as all the whiny wehraboos like to bemoan the state of the game, I usually lose to better players and beat worse ones. I play Wehrmacht, USF, and UKF. I only lose when I get outplayed. I don't get my ass kicked by a us mortar. if you get killed by a mortar you need to #adapt (wasn't that what all the wehraboos said 18 months ago?). The game is balanced fairly well. There is plenty of cheese BS for each faction. There is always a counter. The thing that holds back Wehrmacht the most is the lack of a forward retreat. I can't speak for okw 2.0. I have but a handful of games since the switch. I can say that good okw players can kick my head in and bad ones get their head kicked in.

best suggestion is: play and decide for yourself. brush up on the forums for the latest meta and play a few.

Hmmm..u beat worse player and will lose against better player...what is when u play vs same skill bases players?
I think is much easy to win with brits than okw/ ost vs play with the same skill.

Why? Hmm..mabye brits has the hardcounter against okw and ost...and...there isn´t a third faction for axis.

So if a good brit player is in the game..u will lose. look to the last tournement....the allies bashed the axis very hard....or look here:

http://coh2chart.com/
17 Oct 2016, 14:50 PM

Always bitching , if you cant win with every faction , then you not good enough , guys that whines about op factions shouldnt do battle .
17 Oct 2016, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2016, 14:50 PMafrrs
Always bitching , if you cant win with every faction , then you not good enough , guys that whines about op factions shouldnt do battle .

Spoken like a true allied fanboy :3
17 Oct 2016, 20:47 PM

Permanently Banned
If you enjoy being under constant barrages from Su76 blobs, Hm38, USF 81mm, Mortar pit and the Pack Horitzer and being left with no inf or team weapon of your own, as well as having your heaviest vehicles getting always penetrated by literally anything then you might want to give axis another try again. Not to mention generalist "light" vehicles which have greater wiping potential than both the Ostwind and PIV combined.

Otherwise either wait for CoH3 or move to another, greener pastures.
17 Oct 2016, 21:14 PM

Otherwise either wait for CoH3

just one word : LUL :clap:
17 Oct 2016, 21:27 PM

As certified non-meta player
since 3 months, I can tell you that this game would be balanced if allies players would stop this fukin boring meta play. Allied inf is better then axis inf in early and mid game? fine. Allies light tanks are better? fine. Allies have better infirect fire? fine.

But if each of these things is on the field, playing axis is just frustrating as hell. Some Stuarts/T70/AEC with lmg- or penal- spam and mortar spam on the field is just no fun to play against. And if you manage to reach the late game, this game thanks you by letting your entire inf getting roflstomped by land matress and CalliOPe spam. --> TDs and heavy tanks are your last chance as axis... but that isnt easy at all vs Pershing, T34/85 spam and fireflies with tulips :oops:
17 Oct 2016, 21:30 PM

Permanently Banned
As certified non-meta player
since 3 months, I can tell you that this game would be balanced if allies players would stop this fukin boring meta play. Allied inf is better then axis inf in early and mid game? fine. Allies light tanks are better? fine. Allies have better infirect fire? fine.

But if each of these things is on the field, playing axis is just frustrating as hell. Some Stuarts/T70/AEC with lmg- or penal- spam and mortar spam on the field is just no fun to play against. And if you manage to reach the late game, this game thanks you by letting your entire inf getting roflstomped by land matress and CalliOPe spam. --> TDs and heavy tanks are your last chance as axis... but that isnt easy at all vs Pershing, T34/85 spam and fireflies with tulips :oops:

I can say same about all players and meta.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★