Login

russian armor

Squad formations and spacing question

9 Oct 2016, 16:13 PM

All infantry squads in the game suffer pretty hard from bunching up behind cover. This is particularly troublesome when such squads clump up behind yellow cover, which confers no survivability bonuses against AoE stuff.

Currently, there are 2 things that seem to ruin cover as an aid to squad survivability:
1. Infantry models will line up, very close to one another when seeking cover
2. When ordered to move out of cover, the squad models will sometimes reshuffle, running on top of each other

Since people tend to move their squads when explosives are about to land, 1 coupled with 2 often lead to frustrating wipes.

Has anybody tried/managed to tweak squad formations for squads in a way that prevents clumping up in the ways described in 1 & 2?

So far, what I think I understand about this is:
- There's some information in squad formation about how to distribute available squad members.
i.e., if there's 4 squad members, 2 models may end up in centre (core), 1 model on left flank, 1 model on right flank (i.e., position relative to the flank centre)
- According to what cover is used, the selected formation seems to determine how squad members are spread out within those flanks
- However, what I haven't found out so far is how to determine where the centre-of-gravity of core, left flank & right flank should stay.
10 Oct 2016, 11:16 AM

Usually when we heard our infantries shout "Grenade !!!" incoming .. even we manage to avoid but its too late :(
Its just a bit of millisecond
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 33
Russian Federation 7
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %