Login

russian armor

so what are the changes in the past 6 months

6 Oct 2016, 05:00 AM

I think I roughly stopped playing in feb or march ... when there was a pretty big tournament going on and therefore no big patches were to be expected until june, when tournament is supposed to end.
Can anybody catch me up with the games changes in the past 6 months?
6 Oct 2016, 05:44 AM

The USF has a mortar and balance of power is in the favor of the Allies.

Some people have decided to boycott Relic.

Kaititof was banned.
He also has a cult.

I suggest you start off here.
6 Oct 2016, 06:27 AM

Bullshit, bullshit and... More bullshit, feel free to feel betrayed by Relic.
6 Oct 2016, 07:18 AM

The USF has a mortar and balance of power is in the favor of the Allies.

Some people have decided to boycott Relic.

Kaititof was banned.
He also has a cult.

I suggest you start off here.

yeah , I checked that ... that thread just made me feel saaaad. whats with that cult thing ... is it like hes having a group of supporters
6 Oct 2016, 08:22 AM

yeah , I checked that ... that thread just made me feel saaaad. whats with that cult thing ... is it like hes having a group of supporters

Don't you get saddened even a bit with Katitof ban? Your heart is made of cold stone!
6 Oct 2016, 08:52 AM

Don't you get saddened even a bit with Katitof ban? Your heart is made of cold stone!

hes a good guy tho :( the forum feels even emptier without him and his troll
10 Oct 2016, 05:27 AM
Patrion 310

Bullshit, bullshit and... More bullshit, feel free to feel betrayed by Relic.
betrayed? Patience is a virtue
“We’re immensely proud to be celebrating 10 years of Company of Heroes,“ said Justin Dowdeswell, General Manager of Relic Entertainment. "and we hope that our community, and perhaps even some new players, will be able to enjoy and benefit from the activities we have planned around this huge milestone. Company of Heroes left a legacy of quality and innovation and we’re looking forward to the next ten years!

https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=174663&id=1099613

10:46; Justin Dowdeswell talks about Relic

17:35, Justin Dowdeswell talks about Relic games expanding to Asia

European boss [Sega of Europe, CEO] Jurgen Post on Sega's return
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/european-boss-jurgen-post-on-sega-s-return/0172392
“Another area we are focusing on is China. We have launched Football Manager Online in China, and we believe there is a big opportunity for strategy games in the territory, so we’re looking into that.”

He concludes: “It is an exciting times with lots of opportunities.”

FOOTBALL MANAGER ONLINE IS HEADED TO CHINA
http://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-online-headed-china

10 Oct 2016, 05:57 AM

betrayed? Patience is a virtue

https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=174663&id=1099613

10:46; Justin Dowdeswell talks about Relic

17:35, Justin Dowdeswell talks about Relic games expanding to Asia

European boss [Sega of Europe, CEO] Jurgen Post on Sega's return
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/european-boss-jurgen-post-on-sega-s-return/0172392

FOOTBALL MANAGER ONLINE IS HEADED TO CHINA
http://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-online-headed-china

We've been patient for years and nothing has changed instead of for the worse.

They're not communicating, no hints, nothing new in the files, nothing. The community managers keep telling us that they're excited and can't tell us nothing and after that it turns out that it's a flop or they just want us to get hyped for something small. No thanks, this community has went to hell anyway.
10 Oct 2016, 06:51 AM
Patrion 310

We've been patient for years and nothing has changed instead of for the worse.

They're not communicating, no hints, nothing new in the files, nothing. The community managers keep telling us that they're excited and can't tell us nothing and after that it turns out that it's a flop or they just want us to get hyped for something small. No thanks, this community has went to hell anyway.

I understand your frustrations, but to many "rage posts" makes the community looks bad. Both in the eyes of new players and developers.
10 Oct 2016, 08:26 AM

I understand your frustrations, but to many "rage posts" makes the community looks bad. Both in the eyes of new players and developers.

If only we could find reasons as to why people would rage against Relic :snfPeter:
10 Oct 2016, 08:33 AM

Well, lets make it clear for those who doesn't understand what succsees is.

Blizzard doesn't talks what kind of cool team they have and what they have. Blizzard does its job Their managers explain what they do with tier game now concretely and what to expect in the nearset future.

They DO
10 Oct 2016, 10:18 AM

Well, lets make it clear for those who doesn't understand what succsees is.

Blizzard doesn't talks what kind of cool team they have and what they have. Blizzard does its job Their managers explain what they do with tier game now concretely and what to expect in the nearset future.

They DO

They do talk.
11 Oct 2016, 09:33 AM

Unfortunately long over due. He does not know how to communicate with other people. Just always extremely rude with little to no reason. He caused a lot of bad feelings with countless players and was given imo, a very long leash by the mods. Especially to say that every other post on the forum was his and to all intents and purposes he did not appear to play the bloody game.
11 Oct 2016, 10:49 AM

:D :D :D Patience

Dudelino, stop fooling yourself. Relic is pure crap compared to other dev's. They live in the dark ages when it comes to transparency and communication.
But have fun waiting!
11 Oct 2016, 11:04 AM
Donator 11

As far as legal papers go I remember agreeing to pay for the game in its initial state and agreeing that the game may change in the future. Nothing about perfect ballance or any support at all.

They do change the game only to make customer pay for dlcs and to get more players into the game, not becouse they like their community or not to "betray" it. There are no feelings there, just bussines.
11 Oct 2016, 17:44 PM

Game got stale. I played it almost daily since launch, and had very few interruptions on that routine. Coming from a guy with 35+ y.o. with a very time-consuming job, I'd say that I got what I wanted from the game most of the time.

Since these last few patches - including the ill-implemented US mortar - I didn't have the same fun. Maybe I got fed up, but definitively you see the same tactics over and over again.

Now I rediscovered Europa Universalis and got to understand it a little better. I can see where this goes, and I'm not even sad (as far as you can be "sad" for a game). It's kinda shocking when I think about it.
11 Oct 2016, 21:30 PM

Unfortunately long over due. He does not know how to communicate with other people. Just always extremely rude with little to no reason. He caused a lot of bad feelings with countless players and was given imo, a very long leash by the mods.

+1

They do change the game only to make customer pay for dlcs and to get more players into the game, not becouse they like their community or not to "betray" it. There are no feelings there, just bussines.

+1
It's all about the $$$ now sadly.

Game got stale. I played it almost daily since launch, and had very few interruptions on that routine. Coming from a guy with 35+ y.o. with a very time-consuming job, I'd say that I got what I wanted from the game most of the time.
Since these last few patches - including the ill-implemented US mortar - I didn't have the same fun. Maybe I got fed up, but definitively you see the same tactics over and over again.

Sadly, +1
11 Oct 2016, 22:09 PM

I do not understand why so many complaints

coh2 is a great game the best strategy game.. others are lifeless

if you play well you win and if you play badly you lose

Enough of so many complaints Oh my God
12 Oct 2016, 00:25 AM
Patrion 310

Relic is pure crap compared to other dev's. They live in the dark ages when it comes to transparency and communication.

Compared to which RTS developers? It´s not fair comparing them to Blizzard since RTS is no longer their primary business. The Blizzard developers had far more publisher support to make Starcraft a global brand that could connect with millions of fans. In comparison, Relic created the Homeworld franchise (HW1) with less than 30 devs IIRC and didn't cost Sierra much to make.
But, I can agree with transparency and communication which usually leads to mediocre patches that are neither good nor bad.
If both DoW3 and Halo Wars 2 fail financially that's pretty much the end of big budget RTS (triple A games). DoW3 also help justify further development cost on the Essence Engine used for COH2 and potentially COH3.
And of course now we’re using the next-generation Essence Engine, which has allowed us all sorts of freedom. Relic, Matt Kernachan

http://prankster101.com/articles/interview-with-matt-kernachan-of-warhammer-40000-dawn-of-war-3/

Inspired Designs in Relic's RTS Games, 10/11/16
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/BrandonCasteel/20161011/282943/

As an old school HW fan from 1999-2004, I know Relic´s old history better than most COH2 players. In other games, I continued playing with many HW vets/former Relicnews staff (most noticeable Evolution corp) which pretty much ruled EvE Online competitive play for years original as a nomadic group of PvPer.
Now, If you don't know Relics history with Relicnews and founding principles how can you "predict" where they are going?.
I try to be fair and see both sides as I believe "Truth" is in the eye of the beholder. What Relic believe in today need not be your "truth", nor need it be where Relic was 3 or 10 years ago.
"Truth" comes from a place of experience and is not always black and white.
THERE ARE NO MISTAKES, only new opportunities to grow from your mistakes, this include both fans and Relic.
So let us grow together.

During the Homeworld era, I remember there were some decent Relic interactions with fans, such as the Relicnews community. This ofc require mutual trust and respect. Spreading slander and Relic hate will destroy that trust.
With the COH2 community, I have never seen so much hate towards Relic. Yes, unfortunately Relic had some bad luck with unstable publishers. But with the new SEGA CEO there might be some light at the end of tunnel.
I covered this in detail with reliable sources here;
SEGA restructuring?

Not to mention SEGA Europe buying Amplitude is more new proof that they want to increase community interactions in coming years.
Why Amplitude chose Sega’s strategy-studio stable
http://venturebeat.com/2016/07/07/why-amplitude-choose-segas-strategy-studio-stable/
GamesBeat: Why Sega?

De Waubert: Mathieu and I, the cofounders of Amplitude, have always been huge fans of their Creative Assembly and Relic games. So already we were extremely flattered that they would even consider us.

How Early Access and fan feedback led to Amplitude Studios’ ‘Endless’ success
http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/31/how-early-access-fan-feedback-and-new-approaches-led-to-amplitude-studios-endless-success/

COH WarPaint - more collaboration with players
“This is a unique opportunity to test a self-sustaining model where players can access top quality content, reward the content creators, and fund community-led events,” said Alex Price, brand director at Relic. “We’re excited to see how this might pave the way for more collaboration with players and designers across our portfolio of games.”

http://www.pcgamesn.com/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-pumping-50-of-skin-competition-purchases-back-into-community

As one of the oldest studios in Vancouver, Relic has a rich history with many talented devs that today have created their own independent studios. Most noticeable (Vancouver), Blackbird Interactive (former HW devs), Klei Entertainment (former DoW devs), Smoking Gun Interactive (former COH devs) and Hinterland (former Spacemarine/console devs).

The Unstoppable ÜberJumper (Relicnews Admins)
Relic News Admins (Uberjumper, one of the biggest HW fan) was pretty close to the founders of Relic, had this to say; This will also be an interesting read into the history of the Essence Engine (improved version used for DoW3).

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeworld/comments/2wxhuv/homeworld_2_e3_2001_trailer_full_version/
I'm a guy that happened to live in Vancouver and liked video games. I saw the Homeworld trailer on the HL disk IIRC... thinking "That's dumb, who'd want to play Starcraft in 3d..."
Penny-arcade was raving about it, so when I saw news the demo was out in August of 1999 I downloaded it on a whim (a whole 65 MB or so).
I fell in love almost immediately. It felt like Battlestar Galactica, Starwars, Starblazers... all rolled into one. I was hooked.
I had trouble alt-tabbing out of the game... so I was trying to troubleshoot it. Went looking for forums... found Relic's website... they were in Vancouver! Hey I know that guy!
Couldn't find a post about my problem, so figured out the issue and posted it. Then stuck around to help other Homeworlders, then Impossible creature players, then HW2, dawn of war, company of heroes... 50 or 60 thousand posts later I was one of the most well known members of the "Relic Community". I also helped run relicnews.com, which for a few years was the unofficial official forums (Bart Mazus, another local guy owned Relicnews.com and was doing website work for Relic). Went to a couple of E3's, wrote a few articles and a few hundred news posts, etc etc.
So yeah, they had me as their number one fan for a while, I worked on HW2 as a contractor (I tell that story in another post), and in 2010, Rob Cunningham invited me over to show me the pitch video for what was Hardware (now Homeworld:Shipbreakers) so I helped out at Blackbird Interactive, but sadly haven't been bringing them donuts for more than a few months after my day job in Healthcare IT got exciting.
So yeah, some lucky guy that got to watch and help an awesome game community grow and made some awesome friends along the way.

The Moderator Interviews: The Unstoppable ÜberJumper (relic news admins)
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?132532-The-Moderator-Interviews-The-Unstoppable-%C3%9CberJumper
Obtuse: I noticed the note in your yearbook entry, "Contract @ Relic Summer ‘03", how did that come about and what did you do there?

ÜberJumper: Well... I don't know how much you know about the History of Relic and Sierra, so I'll go back a bit. Homeworld was a successful product, didn't cost Sierra much to make, but Relic had to offer up their next 3 titles to Sierra before anyone else could bid on them. Relic started work on Impossible Creatures (which Sierra passed on, and Microsoft published), and there was another title that Sierra passed on as well (I think) then finally Homeworld 2. Relic had been working on Homeworld 2 since almost the end of Homeworld. I was there for a visit in July of 2000 IIRC with a couple of community folks (RipperT and Carradine). We sat in on a dev meeting, saw the game in action, played with it a bit, had lunch with them, it was all good. The Next E3 rolls around, and before that started, Sierra launched the now infamous Homeworld2.com site which had a timer on it counting down to the game's launch, so, I book a flight to LA for E3.

Meanwhile, Relic and Sierra are having some issues over money (which is what a lot of developers go through I hear), and the E3 display of Homeworld 2, and the launch of the website are cancelled. Anyway, while I was there, I got a chance to see Homeworld 2 (in it's then current form) and I was gob-smacked. Flash forward a couple of months to August and news breaks that Sierra had cancelled Homeworld 2. So the game, at that point, is Dead. I hang out for a while longer in the community, and when I think it's clear that Homeworld's not going anywhere, I "left" the community. Alex Garden heard that, and called me up and offered to take me to lunch. He convinced me to stay with the community, that it wasn't dead yet, so I hung out for a while longer. May of 2002 rolls around, and Relic's started work up again on Homeworld 2. They're hiring folks to fill positions that they'd had to let go as HW2 had been stopped (this is when Mecha, long time community member, moved over from England to work on HW2) so anyway, they're working away and basically starting from scratch, but Sierra's not the same Sierra that helped Relic birth Homeworld. They didn't put as much effort into it as they could have. Turn-around time on bug tracking and what not was essentially not happening, so they needed to bring people in to test.

Pike and I were both contracted to do "first pass QA" (credited as additional design support in the credits) on the game. I was working a full time job, getting to Relic at 4pm, working till 10-11pm, then heading home. That was for all of July. The game went gold first week of August and it still needed way more QA on it but it ended Relic's contractual obligations to Sierra and let THQ buy them up. I actually had a chance to see some of the DoW stuff while I was working there, was pretty cool, the early DoW stuff that is.

12 Oct 2016, 00:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Cobra, are you possibly some kind of researcher or journalist by day? Because I can't see many other sorts of people devoting such rigor to sourcing their forum replies and it's fairly impressive.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 78
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment