Reanactment - Roman Empire

22 Sep 2016, 21:01 PM

Permanently Banned
:banana::hansGASM::hansGASM::hansGASM::banana:
Do you hunter with you bow ? :foreveralone:
22 Sep 2016, 21:56 PM

No, I don't like killing animals in a such painful way ;)
22 Sep 2016, 22:41 PM
Donator 11

Really neat hobby, thanks for sharing!
23 Sep 2016, 09:18 AM

Really neat hobby, thanks for sharing!

Thanks ;)
__
As for the my helmet, this is how it was made step by step.

This picture shows remains of the original from 5th century: (it's amazing how beatiful helmets were made in 4-5 century followed by 6 and 7 and then boom, early Europe with nothing else than simple piece of iron without any decorations, nothing.

This in concept draw:

And this is how it was made more or less:

To the very end:

24 Sep 2016, 17:36 PM

Few photos from today's meeting at stud.

And the last one, this could be literally a poster of some movie:
"Damianvs Albvs Movie" - fall 2016 :lol::lol: (Damianvs Albvs is my latin name ;) )

24 Sep 2016, 19:20 PM

Permanently Banned
What about horse ? You have personal ?
24 Sep 2016, 19:33 PM

What about horse ? You have personal ?

Keeping your own horse is like 15-20,000 euro / year.

Can't afford that, yet :sibHyena:
24 Sep 2016, 21:34 PM

Of all the funny and quirky hobbies out there, this is definitely one of the most interesting.
25 Sep 2016, 07:48 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Daddy AF. Very cool. I'm trying to get some world war 1 and 2 reenacters for a film production. So far they have been a pleasure to work with and show a passion for their character that you wouldn't be able to find in a D-list actor that would normally fill the role.
25 Sep 2016, 08:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2016, 21:34 PMSwift
Of all the funny and quirky hobbies out there, this is definitely one of the most interesting.

Thanks ;)

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2016, 07:48 AMwouren
Daddy AF. Very cool. I'm trying to get some world war 1 and 2 reenacters for a film production. So far they have been a pleasure to work with and show a passion for their character that you wouldn't be able to find in a D-list actor that would normally fill the role.

You have to watch out. In Poland we have FB group called "DeHa" which means "Dopierdalactwo Historyczne" which could be transleted into hmmm let's say "Pointing out fucking wrong history".

Point is I saw many WW reanactors who looked very very bad. I mean, for a someone who is not into this theme they look fine but for a people like me they look completly wrong. Wrong belts, wrong shoes etc etc

So when you pick some reanactor take a ver careful look at their equipment ;)
25 Sep 2016, 08:25 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

You have to watch out. In Poland we have FB group called "DeHa" which means "Dopierdalactwo Historyczne" which could be transleted into hmmm let's say "Pointing out fucking wrong history".

Point is I saw many WW reanactors who looked very very bad. I mean, for a someone who is not into this theme they look fine but for a people like me they look completly wrong. Wrong belts, wrong shoes etc etc

So when you pick some reanactor take a ver careful look at their equipment ;)

Good to know. By the way, a game of yours got casted, not sure if you were aware.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYM32vIktXs
25 Sep 2016, 08:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2016, 08:25 AMwouren

Good to know. By the way, a game of yours got casted, not sure if you were aware.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYM32vIktXs

Gosh, I hate him/her. Toxic is real.

2 games and 2 defeats so far... :hansRAGE: :hansRAGE:
___
Tho it's good to know I could close the game way way before but I was too afraid of 2 AT Guns or something... :hansRAGE:
25 Sep 2016, 10:56 AM
Donator 11

Hunting with a bow instead of rifle counts as poaching in most countries, even if you are a licensed hunter.
25 Sep 2016, 12:17 PM

Permanently Banned

Hunting with a bow instead of rifle counts as poaching in most countries, even if you are a licensed hunter.

So thats why you need home animals :guyokay:
28 Sep 2016, 12:08 PM

Well, maybe I did not understand you but you said something about fight and dent - therefore I said that any dents in metal maybe by sword/axe/whatever are not very accurate becasue blacksmiths may work in a traditional way but they don't have traditional materials.

The harnesses used in modern competitive jousting are not historical reconstructions, and there are no compromises for historical accuracy if that would put someone at risk. They're hitting each other as hard as they did for real, and while I'm not aware of anyone being killed doing it, yet, there have been concussions and broken bones.

Have you seen "Barbarians Rising" a small serie by HISTORY? Garden me, if they hired reanactores, they hired the worst possible ones.

True enough, that was bad. It rather varies by period; American Civil War re-enactors are used a lot.
28 Sep 2016, 12:17 PM

Awesome pictures dude. i like them !
28 Sep 2016, 12:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2016, 12:08 PMsquippy

The harnesses used in modern competitive jousting are not historical reconstructions, and there are no compromises for historical accuracy if that would put someone at risk. They're hitting each other as hard as they did for real, and while I'm not aware of anyone being killed doing it, yet, there have been concussions and broken bones.

Well, if weapons were sharp we would definetly see some deaths :P

As for me, I prefer to battle with wooden sword if I'm into big battle, where I don't know people.

As for the steel sword/spear I can go for it but only in duels where I know my opponent very well and I can trust him. I mean, it would be really bad to lose an eye by some stupid, missed thrust which bounce from the shield, straight into your eye... :hansRNG:
28 Sep 2016, 12:52 PM

Well, inasmuch as modern jousting is a recreation of medieval jousting, it was not mainly combat so much as a combat sport. So even historically, the lances were designed to shatter, a dramatisation of the kind of thing that might happen in a real battle. But both then and now, this is still a full contact sport, and so injuries happen, like american football or rugby, at least.

Not sure this is an actual injury, but here is some footage from Leeds Armouries which happens to show someone taking a bad strike:

28 Sep 2016, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2016, 12:52 PMsquippy
Well, inasmuch as modern jousting is a recreation of medieval jousting, it was not mainly combat so much as a combat sport. So even historically, the lances were designed to shatter, a dramatisation of the kind of thing that might happen in a real battle. But both then and now, this is still a full contact sport, and so injuries happen, like american football or rugby, at least.

Not sure this is an actual injury, but here is some footage from Leeds Armouries which happens to show someone taking a bad strike:

Well... They are in full plate. I'm fighting with greaves, shield, helmet (they supposed to cover entire body in formation) and that's mostly it, so I'm a bit afraid of myself during battles :P

If I had full plate, who cares if I got hit :sibHyena:
28 Sep 2016, 13:30 PM

Well, one of the ways to be killed in jousting, historically, is for a piece of the shattered lance to penetrate the vision slit and pass through the eye into the brain. And of course people can die just by falling off a horse.

But sure; the full plate is really tough. Which is why I mentioned the dent, because it isn't always clear just how hard they are hitting each other.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 91
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment