Login

russian armor

How to play 2v2 as allies against sitting ducks OKW

17 Sep 2016, 23:47 PM

So pretty much question.

Me and my teammate were like top 100 as allies in 2v2 games, untill we start facing same strategy all over again.

So in most of the cases we are able to dominate early game and take 2 VPs or at least 1 VP with second being captured by us or enemy.

But in 99% of the games we tend to play against double OKW. And their strategy is pretty much the same always.

First OKW goes for mech and second one for med. After that they simply use 2 IGs covered by few Raketens. A bit later on IGs guy goes for FlaK HQ covering IGs and second guy goes for stuka or even multiple ones. This ends up non stop bombarding and artying everything to death.

There is very small window when you can somehow do something to them via pushing or so, but good OKW players will simply camp a bit untill they feel their simsity protected.

So we usually ending up with double IGs, covered by FlaK HQ with a bit of stuka wiping and dumb volks blobs. How to play against it? Because even if you yourself go for bad counter-arty play with soviets\brits Stuka is totaly destroyes your counters sooner or later. While armor rushing is not an option aswell because there is always volks+multiple cloaked raks.

How to play against this?
18 Sep 2016, 09:23 AM

In general, if the enemy is rushing a Stuka instead of a Puma or Luchs, it is probably and indication you haven't applied enough force in the light-vehicle-phase era of the game.

It depends which factions you play as.

If one of you plays as Brits:
- Vanguard is great, since the airlanding officer gets access to very cheap recon
- Free-recon doctrines are also decent until the flakHQ goes up
- However, to me, the best pick is probably the Royal Artillery commander.

If you pick the Royal Artillery Commander, do the following:
- Get a Valentine out as soon as possible (use it to spot raketenwerfers; now they're useless)
- Do not use concentration barrage until you've picked Anvil
- You can use the barrage on stationary weapons in the fog of war to wipe their veterancy (you use the Valentine to spot them)

Since you will be picking Anvil and Royal Artillery, I'll have to warn you about avoiding the usual noobtraps:
- Do NOT build Churchills.
- Do NOT give heavy engineers weapons other than the vickers_k. They are too vulnerable vs ISGs
- Do NOT build Sextons. They are decent, but they will kill your popcap
- In general, do NOT use anything other than the Valentine and the concentration barrage from the commander (flares are OK, but you have the Valentine; so why bother?)

If you play as Soviets:
- OKW, in general don't get easy access to offmaps. Thus, have a howitzer commander handy if the game looks stand-off-ish.
- Alternatively, ISU's are also amazing when it comes to pulverizing raketens
- Finally, for max lols, try to combine a Valentine with a KV-2

If you have USF, try not to over-invest in mortars. ISGs might be meh vs infantry, but they are devastating at counter-barrage. If your teammate is carrying you, try making 2 priests to break the trucks/isgs/whatever, and lay a few mines!
19 Sep 2016, 03:14 AM

22 Sep 2016, 12:05 PM

Your best bet in 2v2 is to stick with USF/UKF or Sov/UKF

Have your british buddy use the howitzer Inf section upgrade.
Or support his mortar pit with rifles flanking and nading.

If you're afraid of wasting munitions, just go for m20 for the shrek squads and let the british take it with a royal engineer squad (210mp)

Don't forget to make fuel outposts in 2v2. .

23 Sep 2016, 10:19 AM

the answer is simple. get more arty than them. i recently killed 2 t4s with 3 usf mortars behind a defended fighting pos.

but since u say they had a stuka. that attack would have to be made after it had fired
23 Sep 2016, 11:40 AM

You can simply arty them to death. A good setting would be calliOP with land mattress in a combination with double bar riflemen hordes and double bren tommies. Then just steamroll em and rape everything with arty.
23 Sep 2016, 13:52 PM

As USF, a mix of shermans + HMG.50 + rifles + your major

The idea is to use your offensive smokes behind its 1st truck so he has to enter in your range of fire to counter you, do your attack with AP shell and switch to AT shell when the area is clean to damage the truck. Prioritize raketen with your troops, HMG.50 are there to suppress the infantry with rifles to do the killing. Do not forget to wreck any support weapon you can't steal.
Depending on how you've damage the 1st truck, how they are responding to your attack, retreat your shermans and finish off the truck/area with a Major Arty strike.

In that particular situation, USF mecha commander is pretty good with the 180ammo CP8 arty strike.
Howi Phosphorus barrage is also a good asset, Infantry company M5Mortar with the phosphorus barrage as well.
23 Sep 2016, 22:07 PM

I actually came here looking for the same answer, but more for early-mid on narrow maps like Ettelbruck or Rails and Metal where MG/Mortar lockdown + Shrekblob works wonders.

Late-game, Calliope or Landmatress are definitely the way to go, 2 of them will obliterate camping. I've been trying the Royal Arty commander that Mr. Smith mentioned, but I find its just not as good as just leveling the area with Land Mattresses.

Does anybody have a replay where players manage to deal with this kind of play early-mid? Its just so boring when you know the whole fight is going to turn into a massive artillery spamfest.

27 Sep 2016, 12:16 PM

Have you read Devm's guide for USF? I recently found it and.. wow it's insane.

His strategy is literally rush m20 than follow up with hmg to back up your inf to pin the okw in his base.

I also recently saw a high level 2v2, soviets are insane with their arty/AT tank, it's ubsurdly good against OKW.

Another thing I see good thing I've seen against ost/okw.. omg howitsers from USF wipe my inf so many times lol
27 Sep 2016, 15:40 PM

I actually came here looking for the same answer, but more for early-mid on narrow maps like Ettelbruck or Rails and Metal where MG/Mortar lockdown + Shrekblob works wonders.

Late-game, Calliope or Landmatress are definitely the way to go, 2 of them will obliterate camping. I've been trying the Royal Arty commander that Mr. Smith mentioned, but I find its just not as good as just leveling the area with Land Mattresses.

Does anybody have a replay where players manage to deal with this kind of play early-mid? Its just so boring when you know the whole fight is going to turn into a massive artillery spamfest.

At the end of the day you have 2 options to with the game (generally)

Option A: wipe all their infantry with indirect fire and rocket artillery

Option B: break the defense with combined arms and steam roll with tanks.

Against late game OKW you MUST wipe vet squads. Easiest way to do this is with tanks or indirect fire.

If you notice he's going jp4 or jt or even panther or pumas, don't both getting tanks, just spam infantry and artillery since his tanks won't really be useful against your infantry. Allies have AT on their infantry. Use it with arty and you'll win.
13 Oct 2016, 20:39 PM

Back with another reply

Me and my duo are now level 9 in 2v2 (not bad but not good either)

We decided to mess with OKW/WH instead of our usual UKF/USF

Holy crap, a Brit that goes bofors + mortar pit COMPLETELY locks down that chunk of the map. Just saying, this is one of the most annoying things to deal with, we've run into it twice already.

17 Oct 2016, 09:00 AM

^
kinda off topic but, oh well

A counter would a flame HT firing throught a firing block like a building or a dense tree line, when you use "taget ground" it allow you to take down the bofor from a relativly safe spot

Mortar half track and mortars work too

the Flammenpanzer 38 works aswell
26 Oct 2016, 11:51 AM

Back again, actually seen this strategy two times in a row.
Once from double okw and another from double wher (we dropped to 9 again)

First game against the OKW - both stacked one side with storm pioneers (no real good counter to this..)
Than spammed volks to harass and hold their side of the map, followed by triple Leig spam.

Second game the two OST held mid with a MG --> into bunker.

We mostly lost just because my teammate was lost as to what to do lol. You guys really have to watch your replays and see whos fking up at this level <444>_<444>
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★