Login

russian armor

Infantry rebalance needed

7 Sep 2016, 20:27 PM

2- Compare the 1919 to the Grenadier LMG42 and see that the one from the racks actually costs more munitions, the issue only appears when you can double equip them, which means a bigger investment or a huge lead on munitions.

No its very easy to equip your rifles with double lmg's in fact g43 + lmg 42 combo was a favourite a year ago.
7 Sep 2016, 22:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2016, 20:27 PMZyllen

No its very easy to equip your rifles with double lmg's in fact g43 + lmg 42 combo was a favourite a year ago.

More like 2 years ago, prior to WFA release.
8 Sep 2016, 15:01 PM

Aaaaaannnnnnddd the point is? I don't see that Obers are very like Tommies.

Long range Obers: 15,8
Long range Tommies: 12,32

Close range Obers: 31,3
Close range Tommies: 19,6

Long Obers on move: 7,52
Long Tommies on move: 2,69

Close Obers on move: 15,6
Close Tommies on move: 4,56

Both units rely on cover and long range. Think you gotta factor in upgrades and vet boni for those units. Surely below Obers vet 2, upgraded Tommies (and assuming they are at least vet 2 by the time Obers hit the field) in green cover can take on Obers easily. Then again, OKW can use vetted Volks with infiltration grenades to assist as meat shield.

I find the issue with Obers is not that they are bad but they arrive slightly too late to actually match vetted and upgraded riflemen and Tommies. Gotta be patient and careful with those guys, preserve them to the end and try not to bleed too much. Then, from vet 4 with suppression, I don't think there's any better infantry in the game. They are still a lot of fun to play, but not as easy as most.

Removing double upgrades from rifle and IS would do the trick I'd say. Would also make Volks and grens scale better. I don't like all this complete rework of a lot of stuff stuff much in order to achieve balance. That is basically what brought us to the current state of the game. Small gradual tweaks here and there are better.
8 Sep 2016, 16:06 PM

Depending on what stats you look at, Obers can be identical to Tommies. :P

Their entities still have just 80 health. Which is actually rather significant. As strong as Obers are, (or as weak as Ostruppen are) their entities all have 80 health.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★