Login

russian armor

OKW early game

2 Sep 2016, 17:09 PM

HI ill,

I have a problem with OKW early game (before laying down the first truck) and this is when i go up against MG's. Every other faction has something they can get, (Snipers, Motors, smoke upgrade, MG's to an extent, flamer clown car etc.) but what does OKW have? this faction is supposed to be have the strongest early game and when i walk into MG's i just cant counter them. especially when MG's gets placed in buildings.

Anyone have any good suggestions on what i can do?
4 Sep 2016, 07:41 AM

!Don´t let them to get that building firstStategist cliche

Yes it is a old cliche but it still is actual and it works. Only 2 factions that can get mg fast enaought before incing grenades are UK and soviet.

Soviets need to set up tier 2 and create mg and UK have to create mg.

If you rush spio to most important building you should always rush it before enemy mg can. Also if you go kubel first, you can outcap him if he went mgs because UK sacrifice capping IS squad if he goes mg and russians sacrifice valuable enginner time and also 160 mp for tier2 so you can outcap him with kubel, so dont worry if you lose something if you rush key building.

And if he even then manage to get mg in that position I recommend either focusing on other part of map (you will win it because you have 1 more squad) and by thi way indirectly focus him to move it from building or play defensively until you get icing grenades.

And also luring mg to move to another window by volks or kubel meainwhile spios will close in and attack it from short range. Also 3 volks from different direction that manage it to get behind green cover should do the trick because mg is not able to supress 3 squads in different directions (preferably in gree cover) fast enaugh before 3 squads force it retreat ir kill it.

I think options are here and you don´t have others. Sry for that.

RECAP:
-get key building first
- ignore it, best counter to mg in house is focusing elsewhere
- attack from different directions with spios and vgrens and rush green cover nearby

Hector
22 Sep 2016, 12:09 PM

Use your rocket launchers to blow up the house

25 Sep 2016, 17:59 PM

+1 what Hector said.

I had the same problem as you, OP, but eventually I learned to sneak around with my squads. It's mostly down to positioning and cover.

Also if you have a Kubel (which you should in most OKW games) and you see an mg in the open (no cover) you should try to damage it a bit; reinforing an Mg will cost your opponent more manpower than you repairing your Kubel which you can do without retreating to your base as long as you have pioneers out there.
4 Oct 2016, 10:18 AM

My way:

Just recently I've made new start with kubel spam you get 3 kubels out. This is good for open maps. So when you get 3 kubels your manpower wont suffer because you dont need to repelish. You can poke enemy early trough mid game. Once they killed them ( they will later thats for 100% sure ) you just get "free" fuel by salvaging. By the min 10 when they kill 1 or 2 kubels you will get HMG and volks to replace them as your main line + you get fuel from salvaging them and you can immidietly build panzer ii in min 9-10. Than you get some raketens. And game is done. I'll send you my yt video how I've done it first time now i do it even better lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp1Oc3MMtGw

How to deal with HMG:

There are two type of enemys you encounter with possible HGM spam. Agresive and pasive lol. If you get pasive one just dont go near it until you get grenades and support gun if he is agresive you should attack different places every time so that he is constantly on the move. And as Hector said get key buildings. Mid game you just outnumber him and attack from several sides. HMG's can be good advantage but they can also backfire greatly if played against them correctly. Spamers would get min 3-4 HMGs so that means you need 5 infantry.
4 Oct 2016, 12:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Use kubels to falnk mgs and get into houses first, coz you have pio. Early game vs hmg its like chess.
5 Oct 2016, 06:57 AM

OKW needs T0 Turbo Mortar :snfCHVGame:
5 Oct 2016, 08:39 AM

this faction is supposed to be have the strongest early game

Victim of relic's infographic detected.
25 Oct 2016, 17:10 PM

Side cap till you get out your first truck

then flank with the games best flame grenade
25 Oct 2016, 17:39 PM

!Don´t let them to get that building firstStategist cliche

Yes it is a old cliche but it still is actual and it works. Only 2 factions that can get mg fast enaought before incing grenades are UK and soviet.

Soviets need to set up tier 2 and create mg and UK have to create mg.

If you rush spio to most important building you should always rush it before enemy mg can. Also if you go kubel first, you can outcap him if he went mgs because UK sacrifice capping IS squad if he goes mg and russians sacrifice valuable enginner time and also 160 mp for tier2 so you can outcap him with kubel, so dont worry if you lose something if you rush key building.

And if he even then manage to get mg in that position I recommend either focusing on other part of map (you will win it because you have 1 more squad) and by thi way indirectly focus him to move it from building or play defensively until you get icing grenades.

And also luring mg to move to another window by volks or kubel meainwhile spios will close in and attack it from short range. Also 3 volks from different direction that manage it to get behind green cover should do the trick because mg is not able to supress 3 squads in different directions (preferably in gree cover) fast enaugh before 3 squads force it retreat ir kill it.

I think options are here and you don´t have others. Sry for that.

RECAP:
-get key building first
- ignore it, best counter to mg in house is focusing elsewhere
- attack from different directions with spios and vgrens and rush green cover nearby

Hector

As against the UK, "focusing on other part of map" sometimes is not good because the AA emplacements can settle down safely at that time. UK hmg just buy the time for emplacements spam while you focusing on the rest of map, onece the AA emplacement complete, the uk mobile force can move to against you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★