Login

russian armor

The Stuart light tank needs a change.

29 Aug 2016, 20:36 PM

Hello forum people,

So i played this match on semoisky vs USF, mainly want to focus on the Stuart here. I just think it's a badly designed unit and why isn't it being changed? I usually don't post anything about balance but this really wenta step to far.

Video example of what happend: https://youtu.be/Js32btou1nU?t=1385

Alright so my questions are:

Even tho this case was on the real armor of the p4, Why can the Stuart 37mm penetrate so well on medium tanks, it even works on heavys?

It's already a stuggle holding on vs USF when playing OKW, luchs is no option so you're forced to go for t2 medic truck. Since you do this you have to hold of the Stuart light tank for a while without armor of your own, giving the OKW a disadvantage. When you finally have enough for a P4 the stuart is still way to effective, everytime it gets into trouble it just uses a stun around and my p4 gets completely shut down for a moment rendering it useless.

Another thing that happend (can be seen in the Video example) The vet 2 stuart crew just runs up to my p4, insta repairs the broken engine (which is just not the way it should work imo) and rides back to base. And for some reason the p4 he just stole is isntantly vet 2 aswell, how does this even make sense???? seriously....

I would like opinions of others on this matter,

Thanks for taking the time to read, cheers

29 Aug 2016, 20:47 PM

I do believe that stun shot is a bit BS and that repair with super glue is a total BS i mean only USF can do it, just taking an abandoned vehicle and running off.

About that P4 being vet 2 is probably because of the crew, but the thing here is that stuart really does needs it's stun ability changed someway, i mean it pens Puma...

But then again the reason not being able to counter a stuart is OKW lacks early game AT...
29 Aug 2016, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2016, 20:47 PMEarth
OKW lacks early game AT...

Hahaha, WHAT!? An invisible T0 AT gun doesn't constitute as early game AT? I'm sick to death of people saying the rakketen is useless, It's far superior the the USF AT gun and the cloak makes it OP as fuck.

Regarding the Stuarts ability I retort with the Pumas stun shot, but that's OK because?

29 Aug 2016, 21:13 PM
Strategist Badge

Stun abilities in general are bullshit. The stuart, like VindicareX has been saying is OP anyway. The fact that it can make a tank of any size and amour value totally useless is batshit crazy.

Stun abilities in general should be changed and more specifically nerfed (that would include the pak43) however this example of the stuart showcases how having a stun ability on a mobile tank is SO MUCH worse than on a stationary (or slow moving) unit.

The super glue ability on the crew needs changing as well but i feel the greater problem is the stun ability as it can be use consistently to stop attacks dead.
29 Aug 2016, 21:13 PM
Patrion 14

I did a quick count. If my count is correct those were 3 deflects and 3 misses. The only reason the p4 died was because its front armour was facing the wrong way the whole time. A really well executed flank and severely overextended p4 killed the p4 as it should have.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this scene. That doesn't make the stuart okay but the prevailing consensus is that the performance against infantry not against vehicles is too good.
29 Aug 2016, 21:16 PM

it's probably too cheap first of all. the stuart is only 240 mp 70 fuel compared to the wehr puma's 270 mp 80 fuel.

the stuart should be 280 mp 70 fuel.

and the stun round should not stop movement.
29 Aug 2016, 21:22 PM
Patrion 14

it's probably too cheap first of all. the stuart is only 240 mp 70 fuel compared to the wehr puma's 270 mp 80 fuel.

the stuart should be 280 mp 70 fuel.

and the stun round should not stop movement.

The Wehr puma is a call-in not requiring any tech, so it does come at a slight premium as it should. Further more, the puma does have its own version of a stun at vet 1 (target weak-point) and is far superior against the medium tanks it faces from USF.

But the stuart could be made more expensive though. I'd like to maintain however that a call-in should always come at a premium otherwise not teching is rewarded.
29 Aug 2016, 21:27 PM
Benefactor 392

I'd have to agree,

the only things i want to see from the stuart is the stunshot/critshot be more in muni, and have a much lower pen when these abilities are active. maybe only used after major if it isn't to much of a stretch. but it does need to be looked at.

also i think that the superglue ability needs to go.
29 Aug 2016, 21:30 PM

I feel your pain Kryptic.

Seeing the stuart being an effective early and late-game light tank for such a cheap cost coming at 7-9 mins is just absurd.

Those who dissagree watch devm vs theo final.
29 Aug 2016, 21:37 PM

Stuart immobilize is BS. Especially since it can be fired (and be super accurate) while on the move. It should turn into either a blind, or should require a long aiming time; say like the AEC.

OKW P4 rear armour: 80-ish (same as Sherman)
Stuart penetration: 50-ish (neither too high nor too low)
Stuart damage: 80 (half of AT-gun damage)

Nothing wrong there. Your P4 was just showing its flouting a bit too much.

USF being able to transfer veterancy between their vehicles is a faction feature. Normally moving from a lower-value vehicle to a higher-value vehicle would give you a lower veterancy level on the latter vehicle. What you saw indicates that either:
- Vet requirements for the Stuart are too high
- Vet requirements for the OKW P4 are too low

On the flipside, the USF player has to buy a 200 MP squad just to be able to run both vehicles at the same time.

Repair criticals could use a nerf.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2016, 21:12 PMLatch

Hahaha, WHAT!? An invisible T0 AT gun doesn't constitute as early game AT? I'm sick to death of people saying the rakketen is useless, It's far superior the the USF AT gun and the cloak makes it OP as fuck.

Regarding the Stuarts ability I retort with the Pumas stun shot, but that's OK because?

1. The Raketenwerfer is the best AT gun in the game, only if it's not your main source of AT in the game. Having a gimmicky unit as a side-option may be cool sometimes. Having to rely on a gimmicky unit 100% of the time just sucks.

2. The OKW Puma has a turret lock crit. You might be confusing the OKW Puma with the OST Puma which, strangely, still has a stun-shot ability. I guess it's payback for the OKW Ostwind being better.
29 Aug 2016, 21:42 PM

Free out of jail stun card at vet 0 straight out of the box is beyond BS.
29 Aug 2016, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2016, 21:12 PMLatch

So you're saying that you always build a raketen and your T2 with medics in 6 minutes... Alright mate...
29 Aug 2016, 22:43 PM
Patrion 14

i think stun should stay. i think first shot should be just main gun disabled and the second shot causes stun.
29 Aug 2016, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2016, 22:20 PMEarth

So you're saying that you always build a raketen and your T2 with medics in 6 minutes... Alright mate...

You mean even though you have a T0 AT gun, you only build it when you need it!? Shock horror. Problem is, you said you have no early game AT gun, completely fucking ignoring the, you know, T0 AT gun.
29 Aug 2016, 23:11 PM
Patrion 14

I love how noobs think the Raketen is actually good...
29 Aug 2016, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2016, 22:43 PMpigsoup
i think stun should stay. i think first shot should be just main gun disabled and the second shot causes stun.

Won't change much, the Stuart reloads much faster while using this ability, to make up for the loss of damage.

PS: PLZ leave Superglue alone.
29 Aug 2016, 23:51 PM
Patrion 14

Won't change much, the Stuart reloads much faster while using this ability, to make up for the loss of damage.

PS: PLZ leave Superglue alone.

good point. i do not want to just remove the ability straight because i think a light tank being able to battle mediums to a certain degree is beautiful and i really think that should be the norm.

but this ability is too much. moving stun platform is not a good design. i think it should just do various other criticals like blinded, loader shocked. not mobility damages.
30 Aug 2016, 00:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2016, 23:51 PMpigsoup

good point. i do not want to just remove the ability straight because i think a light tank being able to battle mediums to a certain degree is beautiful and i really think that should be the norm.

but this ability is too much. moving stun platform is not a good design. i think it should just do various other criticals like blinded, loader shocked. not mobility damages.

Yeah, giving light tanks the ability to support your AT efforts against heavier tanks is good design since it gives them more utility beyond just being a rush unit that becomes useless once mediums hit the field. So shell shock is a good concept, however it needs some changes to make it less of a hard counter to the puma and more useful supporting ability against med/heavies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★