Login

russian armor

Relic's "WCS Round 1" LIVE report thread

28 Aug 2016, 12:26 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Is it weird that when I read everything you say I can hear your voice saying it in my head haha

That's bro love #superhomo #KappaPrideForReal
28 Aug 2016, 12:28 PM

I was surprised too but to be honest, do you see that many people rolling round with those skins on? And even when they do they probably don't have all sets of them. I don't think they sold as well as OP commanders :P

probably, and if you ask me the skins just appeared looking not so attractive, at least to me :banana:
28 Aug 2016, 12:31 PM
Senior Caster Badge

probably, and if you ask me the skins just appeared looking not so attractive, at least to me :banana:

Then perhaps now it is more believable :P
28 Aug 2016, 12:35 PM

Then perhaps now it is more believable :P

ya found explanation, relic would never do something bad to most toxic lovely community in www :hyper:
28 Aug 2016, 12:43 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Heh I thought I could just blurt out these seeds, but really it would take me a lot of time to get it right. First thing I would do is get all of their steam ID#s into our ladder ranking spreadsheet. Then make manual adjustments based on tourney results. It takes a bit of effort.

And contrary to the poll results, I would prolly give Hansie the #1 seed, since he won the last big ESL Europe final. He's also been practicing. Hans is the man to beat IMO. I'm sure everyone will be gunning for him. But I would definitely give him the respect #1 seed. Followed closely by Luvnest and Jove. The #4 seed would be the really tough call. Maybe it would have to be VonIvan since he won ESL NA consistently, and he's also been practicing.
A_E
28 Aug 2016, 12:54 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Heh I thought I could just blurt out these seeds, but really it would take me a lot of time to get it right. First thing I would do is get all of their steam ID#s into our ladder ranking spreadsheet. Then make manual adjustments based on tourney results. It takes a bit of effort.

And contrary to the poll results, I would prolly give Hansie the #1 seed, since he won the last big ESL Europe final. He's also been practicing. Hans is the man to beat IMO. I'm sure everyone will be gunning for him. But I would definitely give him the respect #1 seed. Followed closely by Luvnest and Jove. The #4 seed would be the really tough call. Maybe it would have to be VonIvan since he won ESL NA consistently, and he's also been practicing.

No way would you give someone with only one major tourney win, and one other tourney win, the #1 seed.

Imo it should go

1) Luvnest

2) Jove

3) Noggano

4) Helping Hans

5) Barton

6) VonIvan

7) DevM

8) Paul

9) Shadowada

10) Jesulin

28 Aug 2016, 12:55 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I like your top 4 and your top 8, A_E. Hopefully Relic will have the good sense to make sure those top 8 are spread over the entire bracket, and there is no chance that any of them could take each other out in Round 2 (Ro16). As long as that much is achieved, it should be a pretty good tournament.

I would question your DevM seed tho, after he just lost to Theo in the Best-of-3 finals last week. For me, you gotta put Theo in the top 8. Same concept with Hansie, the most recent results get given more weight.
A_E
28 Aug 2016, 13:03 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I like your top 4 and your top 8, A_E. Hopefully Relic will have the good sense to make sure those top 8 are spread over the entire bracket, and there is no chance that any of them could take each other out in Round 2 (Ro16). As long as that much is achieved, it should be a pretty good tournament.

I would question your DevM seed tho, after he just lost to Theo in the Best-of-3 finals last week. For me, you gotta put Theo in the top 8. Same concept with Hansie, the most recent results get given more weight.

DevM has been competing at the highest level of CoH competitive since 2010, he has shown he can defy odds and expectations on numerous occasions and as form goes is very difficult to judge.

Anything can happen with him, as shown by his numerous ESL first round exits and also full tournament wins.

He's an all round esports player, not just a CoH player, but simulataneously has more CoH comeptitive legacy in terms of longevity than anyone esle in the tourney. He gets seeded and judged by his unpredictability. Similar to Barton in that sense.
28 Aug 2016, 13:10 PM

This is my top 10 best players for the tournament based on tournament experience and playstyle. In tournament settings its not only skill, but also MENTAL aspect is super important. So DevM with his pro LoL exp has huge advantage still imo.

1) DevM

2) Luvnest

3) Jesulin

4) Jove

5) Barton

6) HelpingHans

7) Paul

8) Noggano

9) VonIvan

10) Shadowwada
A_E
28 Aug 2016, 13:12 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

This is my top 10 best players for the tournament based on tournament experience and playstyle. In tournament settings its not only skill, but also MENTAL aspect is super important. So DevM with his pro LoL exp has huge advantage still imo.

1) DevM

I get where you're coming from and agree in principle, but Luvnest and Jove have proven winning mentality, and to boot are massively more well practiced than DevM. In OCF DevM had practiced properly, in ESL hardly, in this barely. He can't be firing on all cylinders.
28 Aug 2016, 13:12 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I can't even find the results of the big final ESL Go4COH2 cup. All of the ESL urls seem to forward to "classic games." Where can we see the ESL Go4COH2 monthly finals brackets?
28 Aug 2016, 13:21 PM
Patrion 15

top 4 seeds should go to:

luvnest
jove
noggano
hans

jesulin and devm should be seeded high as well

anyone other than those 6 winning the tournement would be a big surprise.

28 Aug 2016, 13:28 PM
Senior Caster Badge

*Announcement for players*

Anyone competing in the tournament today please add me on steam so I can find your games easily. It helps to speed the process up and you have more chance of your game being cast
28 Aug 2016, 13:34 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I dug up the OCF seeding spreadsheet and tried to find as many of the players in this event as possible. I found 24 of the 32 (not bad). Here is the sheet with all of their ladder positions updated!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lJr2rby7bREnVezJpVv4fjwz2N11NuQd9AdYZnsWQts/edit#gid=0

Based on ladder positions alone (this should come second to tourney results as far as weight), the 24 players that I found would be seeded like this:

• jove
  • -HOI-PauL.a.D
  • DevM
  • Luvnest
  • HelpingHans
  • Jesulin
  • CaptainSPrice
  • BartonPL
  • Theodosios
  • VonIvan
  • Nashka (Noggano)
  • vonAsten
  • Cruzz
  • VindicareX
  • Burmie
  • iTzDusty
  • Overlord
  • FeelMemoryAcceptance
  • momo4sho
  • E-zy
  • RedxWings
  • wuFF
  • FaHu
  • GN21

If I had Steam ID#s for the missing players, I could easily add them.
28 Aug 2016, 13:35 PM
Donator 11

My personal opinion is that they should give the top 4 seedings to the players who have won something in the last year, that is (the names are in no particular order):
* HelpingHans (who won the big tournament)
* Jove (who is in the top of the ladders with each faction)
* Luvnest (who has won many EU ESL-tournaments)
* VonIvan (who has won many NA ESL-tournaments)
28 Aug 2016, 13:44 PM
Senior Caster Badge

For what, VODs? Relic exported their entire stream (8 hours long) in one big spam of twitchstream to their YouTube channel. It would have been nice if they had made the effort to highlight the individual games.|

I've been posting most of the game individually on my channel
28 Aug 2016, 13:54 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Ah cool, thx Machine.

I found 7 more players and updated my spreadsheet (thx Janne252 btw for the ladder scraping code... that must be mentioned). I'm only missing two players now.

LADDER RANK AVERAGES (not as important as tourney results)
  • Jove
  • -HOI-PauL.a.D
  • Insane DevM
  • Luvnest
  • coL HelpingHans
  • Jesulin
  • IIPLIICaptainSPrice
  • BartonPL
  • Theodosios
  • VonIvan
  • RUKAclNoggano
  • VonAsten
  • cruzz
  • Talisman
  • shadowwada
  • VindicareX
  • RtN. Havoc
  • The Taxman (Burmie)
  • RtN.Dusty
  • SoE-Overlord-
  • Quentin
  • RtN. G0D
  • Finndeed
  • Sotjador
  • E-zy
  • .PSG. RedxWings
  • inconsistent (wuff)
  • Knock Knock
  • FaHu
  • GN21

28 Aug 2016, 13:56 PM

The timezone handicap puts me a fair few seeds lower. #straya
28 Aug 2016, 14:06 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Anybody have playercard links for Brosas and/or Thanatos?
28 Aug 2016, 14:10 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

NVM I found them both. Holy shit, Brosras is really high!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Germany 744
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L