Login

russian armor

The good times.

• This thread is locked
26 Aug 2016, 16:30 PM

Do you guys remember the really good times when they promised you all the upcoming commanders&skins for deluxe edition? :) Cause i really do remember, hope everyone else also remembers this.

Good job Relic.

Dayaveer

P.S. I think it took like 1-2 months for them to **** us
26 Aug 2016, 16:49 PM
Donator 11

Well, its not that you don't get all the commanders for free, more that progression system is slooow and random right now.
26 Aug 2016, 17:17 PM

Everyone gets them, but they promised upcoming commanders for free if you buy deluxe edition.
26 Aug 2016, 17:18 PM

30% extra price for the game to get nothing that was promised, sounds like a scam to me.
26 Aug 2016, 17:27 PM
Donator 11

At the very begining there were 3 types of commanders: the ones that you could get by progression, ones that were given to people who pre-ordered and the ones that went only to people who got the extended/deluxe/whatever more expensive edition.

The commanders from last group couldn't even be bought by others for quite a long time after release. If I remember correctly they were released for sale about the time first iteration of war spoils came out. So it was something elite for the time. The only problem being that these commanders are generally trash ones.

It would have been unfair if these were better than vanilla ones though.
26 Aug 2016, 17:46 PM

I see, well if that is the case then i can only disagree on their deluxe edition and not blame them for scam :)
26 Aug 2016, 18:59 PM

The Deluxe Edition of was a waste of money, that's the simple truth.
26 Aug 2016, 19:04 PM

The Deluxe Edition of was a waste of money, that's the simple truth.

That is for sure.
26 Aug 2016, 20:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If I remember correctly they were released for sale about the time first iteration of war spoils came out.

lol no. The commanders like lightning war armored assault were in the store a few months after release, atleast a year before the first warspoils came out.
26 Aug 2016, 20:59 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2016, 20:11 PMTobis

lol no. The commanders like lightning war armored assault were in the store a few months after release, atleast a year before the first warspoils came out.

Lightning war is in another group, of good, one could say p2w, commanders that were added just to be sold, months after release. But the original ones that were given only with the deluxe edition couldn't be bought in store at the time.
26 Aug 2016, 21:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

At the very begining there were 3 types of commanders: the ones that you could get by progression, ones that were given to people who pre-ordered and the ones that went only to people who got the extended/deluxe/whatever more expensive edition.

The commanders from last group couldn't even be bought by others for quite a long time after release. If I remember correctly they were released for sale about the time first iteration of war spoils came out. So it was something elite for the time. The only problem being that these commanders are generally trash ones.

The problem is that the "Deluxe/Limited" edition was not really "Limited" so people were kinda screw on that sense. Besides a nice faceplate there was practically no difference between reserving the game or buying it on day 1.

PD: combined that with one of Relic's post saying that there won't be any microtransaction/DLC which would affect gameplay (commanders)... But this topic is just beating a dead horse.
26 Aug 2016, 23:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Lightning war is in another group, of good, one could say p2w, commanders that were added just to be sold, months after release. But the original ones that were given only with the deluxe edition couldn't be bought in store at the time.

Nah, lightning war was one of those. They were commanders that were just scrambled abilities from existing commanders, lightning war just happened to be one that wasn't trash.
28 Aug 2016, 12:12 PM

28 Aug 2016, 15:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The problem is that the "Deluxe/Limited" edition was not really "Limited" so people were kinda screw on that sense. Besides a nice faceplate there was practically no difference between reserving the game or buying it on day 1.

PD: combined that with one of Relic's post saying that there won't be any microtransaction/DLC which would affect gameplay (commanders)... But this topic is just beating a dead horse.

And to add to elchino's post, the deluxe version promised more before the THQ liquidation. Afterwards, the rewards were scaled back when SEGA took over. But I think most were generally forgiving, since many had warned of the dangers of pre-ordering, and their warnings certainly came to pass.

OTOH, I imagine, though I don't know, that most of those who made pre-orders were just grateful to something from the new game, as opposed to losing their pre-order payments and getting nothing at all.

Were the pre-order group happy with the initial retail iteration of COH2?...history tends to suggest otherwise.
28 Aug 2016, 17:48 PM

OTOH, I imagine, though I don't know, that most of those who made pre-orders were just grateful to something from the new game, as opposed to losing their pre-order payments and getting nothing at all.

As someone who paid $100 for that piece of shit falsely advertised DCE, "grateful" is the last word I would use to describe getting that abortion of a product. If I didn't get either a game or my $100 back out of that deal I would've looked up Quinn Duffy's phone number and rang his house every day until he decided to send me $100 out of his own pocket.
28 Aug 2016, 18:25 PM

I paid 70 bucks for it, perks of trading games with Russians before steam locked it all. No salt
28 Aug 2016, 19:04 PM

As someone who paid $100 for that piece of shit falsely advertised DCE, "grateful" is the last word I would use to describe getting that abortion of a product. If I didn't get either a game or my $100 back out of that deal I would've looked up Quinn Duffy's phone number and rang his house every day until he decided to send me $100 out of his own pocket.

And what about this:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287371/

False adv at its best.

A faction that was advertised as a small, elite army with lack of resources got turned into Ost 2.0 with its core army overhauled, some of it's key advertised features/units removed/reworked.

A refund would be nice

28 Aug 2016, 22:56 PM
Patrion 14

locking because it serves no purpose.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak