Login

russian armor

Sniper Garrison Vision

22 Aug 2016, 07:57 AM

I made an ability to give the sniper extra increase it's sight radius. This ability doesn't work when garrisoned though. How do I make it work?

i did modifiers > sight_radius_modifier > value 35
23 Aug 2016, 06:32 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Did you set the requirement properly?

Preferably, put it in sbsp and then under squad_actions and then put a requirement action that has the in_state garrisoned flag to true and put the modifiers into actions.

A good example to look at would be abilities like Tommy, Sapper, and Osttruppen cover bonuses.
23 Aug 2016, 08:21 AM

I did as you said, but he just gets always the increased vision, here's the screenshot of AE:

http://imgur.com/i65wQsW

Also, I want the vision to be increased with the ability and not just when garrisoned, if possible.
23 Aug 2016, 19:17 PM

Could you please post a screenshot of the ability in your attribute editor?
24 Aug 2016, 06:35 AM

here http://imgur.com/4qqOtzA

When I click on the ability while garrisoned the sniper loses all vision. What I'm trying to have is either his radius vision increases or where he's aiming at.

The important is to have one of these two effects even if it's without the use of an ability.
24 Aug 2016, 11:30 AM

Could you, temporarily, change the ability to a multiplicative sight increase?
- Say, change the ability from +35 vision to +20% sight radius

What I am suspecting that happens is that units that are garrisoned already receive an increase to their sight range. Perhaps what happens is that when you increase the vanilla sight radius increase AND your ability, things gets messed up.

Moreover, I am not sure how the game combines an additive increase (your ability) and a multiplicative increase (what I suspect to be the vanilla sight range increase to be).
24 Aug 2016, 17:22 PM

here http://imgur.com/4qqOtzA

When I click on the ability while garrisoned the sniper loses all vision. What I'm trying to have is either his radius vision increases or where he's aiming at.

The important is to have one of these two effects even if it's without the use of an ability.

I did some testing and it seems like the garrison sight bonus is a set value, not an addition or multiplication modifier (at least for the sniper.) By changing the sniper's sight to something low like 10, his garrison sight remained unchanged.

One workaround to your problem would be to find out what the garrison sight value is (either through the attribute editor or by comparing to other units' ranges), then change hold_sight_radius (garrison sight modifier) to match the sight increase that sight_radius_modifier gives.

For example, if the garrison sight value is 50 and you wanted it to match your ungarrisoned sight of 80 (45 default + 35 bonus) while the ability is toggled on, you would change hold_sight_radius's value to 30 (addition).

25 Aug 2016, 06:22 AM

Don't worry I understood what you said, and guess what...your solution worked!! :D

thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight