Login

russian armor

Stugs/Stuart stun ability on vehicles

20 Aug 2016, 17:06 PM

Isn't this thing a bit op?

I don't think I need to say more on this, I just want to hear your opinion?
That one and only ability can turn the whole tide in game, it's so freaking easy, it demands absolutely no effort or micro.

Yes, I'm mad.
I lose so many tanks to this, now losing the whole game, I managed to make one huge come back only to see my only tank get torn appart by this thing, and it's not like I didn't try to avoid it, a stug is superior in both range and penetration, so what could I have done to prevent it if I can't know precisely when he is going to use it (he had 2 tanks by the way but not like it matters I was about to kill one of them, before stugs appears out of nowhere and stuns my tank).

20 Aug 2016, 18:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2016, 17:06 PMIamCat
Isn't this thing a bit op?

I don't think I need to say more on this, I just want to hear your opinion?
That one and only ability can turn the whole tide in game, it's so freaking easy, it demands absolutely no effort or micro.

Yes, I'm mad.
I lose so many tanks to this, now losing the whole game, I managed to make one huge come back only to see my only tank get torn appart by this thing, and it's not like I didn't try to avoid it, a stug is superior in both range and penetration, so what could I have done to prevent it if I can't know precisely when he is going to use it (he had 2 tanks by the way but not like it matters I was about to kill one of them, before stugs appears out of nowhere and stuns my tank).

stug don't have stun ...... Puma does .....
20 Aug 2016, 19:07 PM

I'm reminded of when the Ace had TWP, har. har. har.
20 Aug 2016, 19:31 PM

you misspelled balance arty cover in that stupid UKF doctrin
20 Aug 2016, 20:05 PM

Everybody has such an ability, what's the big deal?
20 Aug 2016, 20:15 PM

stug don't have stun ...... Puma does .....

Stug Es still have the original stun version.
22 Aug 2016, 07:45 AM

You just have to play around it. Never send in vehicles alone to take out a stuart. Have to use combined arms. As for stug's, the ability was nerfed for both stugs and paks a while back. It only stuns attack, not movement anymore. Even if it still exists in original form for Stug E that is doctirnal and Stug E's don't damage tanks well.

22 Aug 2016, 07:59 AM

It is useless apart from light vehicles, it only removes vision.

On the other side puma stun have double pen than normal and so it can stun even is2.

Also stuart have shorter range, just dont yolo with your 222s, use pak and you should be fine
22 Aug 2016, 08:41 AM

you misspelled balance arty cover in that stupid UKF doctrin

Hahahaha
22 Aug 2016, 11:08 AM

Meanwhile double Pak40 can stun lock and kill almost every tank in game :foreveralone:
nee
22 Aug 2016, 19:36 PM

I once played a large 4v4 map, and while all our tanks were clustered in a choke point, an enemy Stuart managed to blind shot all of them in one hit. I don't know how, but it seemed like the way the ability works is a sort of AOE effect.

Other than that though it's only lethal if you're chasing it down in a group of AT guns. But really, that's no different than chasing down that group of vet3 conscripts that will just snare your ass for the AT guns to perform some easy anal.
22 Aug 2016, 19:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You just have to play around it. Never send in vehicles alone to take out a stuart. Have to use combined arms. As for stug's, the ability was nerfed for both stugs and paks a while back. It only stuns attack, not movement anymore. Even if it still exists in original form for Stug E that is doctirnal and Stug E's don't damage tanks well.

Stug G TWP makes the gun not be able to shoot. It has increased penetration (280avg) and deals 160dmg. The problem with the Stug E is that it's using the Stug G version instead of it's own version (100avg pen and 80dmg)
Old TWP used to be equal damage to the main gun but double base penetration. This meant the Stug E version was crappy against any medium tank (avg against T34-76) and just for light vehicles mostly.

The paks are still using the old TWP which stun tanks.
22 Aug 2016, 21:03 PM
Strategist Badge

no stun ability should disable both movement and attack. It is OP and should be changed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★