Login

russian armor

Are fallschirmjagers worth it?

13 Aug 2016, 12:30 PM

Im not sure if this has been asked before,but are fallschirmjagers worth for their cost?In my experience they get wiped alot by indirect arty and are extremely fragile,and I know that they are not meant to be as a mainline infantry squad,as they are better for flanking mg's and at gun's but I just want to hear your opinion on this bois
13 Aug 2016, 12:39 PM

Only if you need to wipe a vet team weapon or a low health tank
Price wise they are not good more like 340
13 Aug 2016, 12:40 PM

Personally I prefer Jagers simply because they offer the same harassing ability but are in a much more useful doctrine now that the MG34 is non-doctrinal.
13 Aug 2016, 12:42 PM

Personally I prefer Jagers simply because they offer the same harassing ability but are in a much more useful doctrine now that the MG34 is non-doctrinal.
The whole commander seems so lackluster tbh, and the final abbility is defo not worth 250 muni....
13 Aug 2016, 13:12 PM

They bleed too much till they get enough vet for cloaking in cover. At that point they have enough combat buffs that they have little chance of being wiped (I thibk they still cloak on retreat?).

Getting to the vet part is tough though. If you manage it they become nasty
13 Aug 2016, 13:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They are good against conscript heavy soviet builds. If I'm playing against USF and they get a mortar next to a building I can easily steal I pop and take it. Worth it to get shoehorned into this doctrine for a stolen mortar.
13 Aug 2016, 13:31 PM

luftwaffe doctrin aint a lackluster, cant you remember the thread about OP 35mun recon strafe? MingLee
13 Aug 2016, 13:38 PM

Strafniki scratchin open some old wounds here...

Apart from that, I think the Fallschirmjäger are the only part of the whole doctrine that is really handy. Personally I feel like there are better commanders for each playmode. So like at least three for each, now that MG-34 is non-doctrinal
13 Aug 2016, 13:54 PM
Donator 11

The whole commander seems so lackluster tbh, and the final abbility is defo not worth 250 muni....

This is the only ability in game that transfers muni into manpower. It's worth every single bit of it.
13 Aug 2016, 13:58 PM

I think they're pretty much fine, the ability to instantly spawn such a high-damage unit is pretty powerful. They could do with a slight reduction in requirements for their early vet levels (even if that means higher requirements for high levels), it's hard to keep them alive before that point.

As for the airborne assault, I think it's also ok. The cost is high but in the right circumstance it can win games, being able to pin all the infantry/MGs in an area then quickly take out AT guns is pretty powerful.
13 Aug 2016, 13:59 PM

One used in right time is always a good idea, if you want to spam them, then you're looking at wrong unit.
13 Aug 2016, 15:19 PM

falls are my go to unit, favourite OKW unit.

Stick in a key building at 3-4cp and you can turn the tide of the game. They can get to vet1 in about 30 seconds in that building.

1v1 and so on possibly use their spawn to retreat camp low health squads.

As a general frontline unit, of course they are not worth their cost. Obers are more durable and have much better long range firepower. The Fall's building spawn however makes them invaluable and well worth their cost, to the point where i'd say their OP (in which i mean the ability to spawn something that good in a building, not the general unit stats)

Vet2 makes them better as you can camo them and use them for a surprise attack.
13 Aug 2016, 17:57 PM

This is the only ability in game that transfers muni into manpower. It's worth every single bit of it.

You forgot about the 2 stukas that can easily wipe every infantry around the cap point.

One of the most op abilities out there.
13 Aug 2016, 19:59 PM

Recoup losses? Relief infantry? Rapid conscription?
13 Aug 2016, 20:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Recoup losses? Relief infantry? Rapid conscription?

Well, to be fair, those ones are technically in total "Spend munitions and owe paying more manpower for manpower".
14 Aug 2016, 07:37 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

If they fixed their squad spacing then they might be. Till then no, and there isn't much point in using luftwaffe ground forces either.
14 Aug 2016, 08:57 AM

i would recommend to fix their spacing,

they keep dying with Indirect Fire more often than Small arm fire
14 Aug 2016, 09:19 AM

I only use it to counter katyushas, not worthy going this doctrine to just get some squad or team weapon kills.
14 Aug 2016, 09:39 AM

Worthless unit. Cannot even take on a rifleman squad without dropping 2 models... while in positive cover... and enemy in negative FFS.
14 Aug 2016, 09:43 AM

Awesome damage to pick off models from afar, you better spawn them as soon as posible so they are vs lowvet enemy infantry and scale with them.

Squad pacing is awful man, they are like together everytime, shoulder-to-shoulder. Glass Cannon unit, use them very carefully and pick fights you can win, because they bleed so much you can only build max 2 of them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★