Login

russian armor

Are fallschirmjagers worth it?

14 Aug 2016, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2016, 09:46 AMKatitof

And that is how you spot a bullshit kids.

:/

Either RNjesus wants to fuck with me or something. I had seemingly obvious wins.. turn into lolfails.

1 Assault gren flanked a infantry section. SOMEHOW 2 models of Ass gren died before 1 of the Infantry section died.... then another 1 died. Flanked as in, I went from behind him, using a shot blocker so the second the fight start, range = near 0...

And oh, the FSJ won that fight, killed 4 models and force the retreat. But that indicates it's extreme squishiness.

Fun times )))))))

14 Aug 2016, 10:37 AM

This is the only ability in game that transfers muni into manpower. It's worth every single bit of it.

Rapid conscription, Wehrmacht has a similar ability with Osttruppen that I cannot remember the name of, recoup losses.
14 Aug 2016, 10:43 AM

They are pretty strong if spawned into the right situation and you get them to survive long enough to vet up. It's a high risk high reward unit, requires a lot of attention.
14 Aug 2016, 10:49 AM
Donator 11

Rapid conscription, Wehrmacht has a similar ability with Osttruppen that I cannot remember the name of, recoup losses.

These are powerful abilities, but none of these is a simple muni into manpower one click conversion. Recoup losses gives you less than you loose so it is not a conversion at all, while rapid conscription and relief infnatry require having an army of cheap squads on the field to achive optimal, useful effect limiting player build order choices really hard. Still yeah, these abilities can also effectivly reduce bleed which is great.
14 Aug 2016, 14:06 PM

:/

Either RNjesus wants to fuck with me or something. I had seemingly obvious wins.. turn into lolfails.

As someone who plays the game I know that situation can actually happen, don't worry. No need to dismiss your experiences.

I've had cons drop a sturmpio model from max range in the first volley of the first engagement on many an occasion.

You may get RNGed to hell and gone sometimes, but I'd also caution against thinking its a predictable result.
14 Aug 2016, 22:44 PM

Still worse than obers. Bad unit unfortunately. Would probably lose to guards and penals
14 Aug 2016, 23:37 PM

Still worse than obers. Bad unit unfortunately. Would probably lose to guards and penals

It's not their job to counter guards and penals.
15 Aug 2016, 04:55 AM
Developer Relic Badge

They're powerful, but they need a change to their squad formation and the fact their veterancy is very wonky. It's good, but they have to wait until Veterancy 4 and 5 for a offensive combat boost. All their stats boosts should be moved to veterancy 1-3, remove the veterancy 3 survivability and then possibly hit them with 0.8 RA from 0.87. Shuffle things around for either veterancy 4 and 5 such as possible recharge reduction on their abilities, a shift where their passive healing goes, or give them a new ability.

Other things that a need to fix:

-The building popping from general. It's the stupidest thing to exists for all factions when you can suddenly pop a unit out with high AI or AT in hostile territory to wipe out another unit with very little counterplay as you don't know if they'll immediately lock into that doctrine.

-Fallschirmjagers, IS, PGs, Obers, and Sturmpioneer reinforcement on team weapons. Their squads are 0.4 for the reinforcement, by it's 0.5 on weapon teams so they cost more. That should be changed by adding an upgrade at the start of the game to the faction that increases the squad's cost back to original levels while the actual entity costs are lowered and the squad modifier moved to 0.5.

-Fix camouflage on retreat. Quite a few units can pop in and out because the extension for retreat does not have the camouflage_ext set the enable -1.

15 Aug 2016, 10:44 AM

• They are a manpower sink, good luck killing off as much mp as you are losing on reinforcing them
  • Awful veterancy, accuracy boost at vet4, and it's measly 15%. Good luck getting there with vet req, unimpressive damage and also...
  • Terrible survivability. Impossible to keep alive, full squad wipes by indirect fire and tanks are common
  • Less effective than obers, with every squad member you lose 1/4th of your dps, lmg squads keep most of it in the machineguns
  • Why would you pick this commander anyway

The only thing they are useful for is popping out to kill a sniper or an mg, except the other peek-a-boo units do it at a fraction of the cost. They are also awful if you want to steal the weapon you just recrewed, because you end up with a reinforcement cost monster.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★