Login

russian armor

Firefly <3

13 Aug 2016, 09:18 AM
Senior Referee Badge

I just need to make this thread. I never play brits. N e v e r. Just played some brits games, and man that firefly :foreveralone:. It's manouvrable, it's pen is amazing, and it vets fast, really fast.

One of my favourite tanks in the game for sure!

Leave some love for the firefly here :thumb:
13 Aug 2016, 10:21 AM

The changes made in the last major patch were great. The firefly is much more consistent now.

Before it was a bit hit and miss and relied too much on the tulips. Its less of a one trick pony now and has great synergy with the Churchill who can screen and take damage for it.
13 Aug 2016, 10:51 AM

Easy target for Jagdtiger or Command Panther + Jagdpanzer.
13 Aug 2016, 10:52 AM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2016, 10:51 AMClick
Easy target for Jagdtiger or Command Panther + Jagdpanzer.

Everything is an easy target for Jagditger or Command Panter + Jagdpanzer lol ;)
13 Aug 2016, 11:02 AM
Benefactor 115

I loved the firefly before the buff to rate of fire, I never really used the old tulips, only on heavier Armour.

I loved going hammer for warspeed (to get out of sticky situations) and vehicle tracking which lasts 12 seconds (good when combined with warspeed for backing up against panthers)

I liked to go dual firefly's and croc (which can also have warspeed)

With the recent buff to the rate of fire I'm loving it, I also love the tulip change allowing me to have the ability to give out a shot without a chance to take one.

The power of the vet 3 firefly is nothing to mess with. ;)

Since it isn't allowing me to start the video at the correct time, so skip to 57:15 to see what dual Firefly's and a jackson can do to dual panthers (how fast both die)

Personally I like to combo firefly's with a Churchill but with what you get with hammer (warspeed and tracking) making the firefly a hard to kill beast, especially with a Churchill (I like to go vanguard for the croc, stafe against dual OST and the capping ability on the croc to use on VPs, which has made me win many games before)

Really your biggest threats are Jagtiger/Elephants and mass ranged paks.

But 1+ Firefly best TD imo
13 Aug 2016, 11:05 AM

It's like 2013 v 2016.
13 Aug 2016, 11:36 AM

Of all TD, Firefly scales the best with vet (not counting Jadpanzer with Klingon cloaking field). Soviet/USF can only dreams of having good AT like UKF.
13 Aug 2016, 12:14 PM

So a turretless tank destroyer stunning with twp was deemed op, but a turreted one with much higher dps having it is fine.
13 Aug 2016, 14:54 PM

So a turretless tank destroyer stunning with twp was deemed op, but a turreted one with much higher dps having it is fine.

Double standards :jk:

But the firefly is sexy af :megusta:
13 Aug 2016, 15:18 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's dodgeable.
13 Aug 2016, 15:22 PM

firefly is the best allied tank destroyer they have, therefore it has to bring a lot of love!

Great tank though. The entire british tank lineup is incredible - too bad the other allied factions have nothing that compares.
13 Aug 2016, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2016, 15:18 PMTobis

It's dodgeable.

Not with this game's pathing.
13 Aug 2016, 15:34 PM

Not with this game's pathing.

Tulip ain't exactly the most reliable tools either, it loves to clip at dirt/fences.
13 Aug 2016, 20:47 PM

It's like 2013 v 2016.

Lmao.

But on a side note, I should use it more with Croc, Hammer and Vanguard, been going Anvil and Special Weapons heavy these past games for the heavy sappers and half-track combo (mobility wise it's awesome on a big/long map) to get those quick repairs out.

And besides, wanted to try that Screen with the regular Churchills, see how it goes, with their reduced price and all.

Still shit tho.
14 Aug 2016, 14:58 PM

Tulips should probably not stun tanks (maybe disable their guns). Tulips should also probably not affect infantry with their debuff. Conversely, tulips should do more damage to static artillery pieces, like they used to.

All alpha-strike vehicles perform damn good when you get 2+ of them. Evem when the reload time of the firefly was what it was, a pair of FFs could hold off pretty much anything:

It takes about 4 shots to kill a panther. With one FF and 10 secs reload time, this would take 30 secs.
With 2 fireflies that would take 10 secs (since you dont need to reload before your first shot).

With veterancy taken into account the Firefly has the highest alpha strike of all vehicles in the game.

This is the same principle for all tanks with high alpha strike, and why panther spam scales so gracefully.
15 Aug 2016, 01:34 AM

part of it is the price. the stug is relatively cheap while the FF is the most expensive TD in the game beside the axis super heavies. (panther have machine gun)

Even with the recent buff, the unit is still carried by its tulip rocket. It's not a cost efficient unit unless you have the munition to spare (ie, 2v2+).
15 Aug 2016, 02:50 AM
Benefactor 115

part of it is the price. the stug is relatively cheap while the FF is the most expensive TD in the game beside the axis super heavies. (panther have machine gun)

Even with the recent buff, the unit is still carried by its tulip rocket. It's not a cost efficient unit unless you have the munition to spare (ie, 2v2+).

I'd disagree...

Minimal tulip usage, pre-buff firefly so 10 second reload, combo with hammer for vehicle tracking (lasts 12 seconds so longer then the reload, and warspeed)

15 Aug 2016, 06:28 AM
Senior Referee Badge

I think the prize of the firefly is perfect atm. Its not tooo expensive, but its not cheap either so it cant be spammed.
15 Aug 2016, 08:32 AM

Bbb.bu. but.. Can it handle Panzergrenadiers? MVGame
15 Aug 2016, 09:01 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Bbb.bu. but.. Can it handle Panzergrenadiers? MVGame

It can crush MVGame
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias