Login

russian armor

Panther(both factions) vs Comet

11 Aug 2016, 09:02 AM

reduce the comet' range to 40 meters and its prices to 490mp 175 fuel.

multiple comet is extremely hard to take down to its range. The panther might have the same range, but the main gun is poor against infantry.

this is tangentially related, but the Firefly needs a price decrease. It's a lot better after the reload buff, but it's still too expensive for 440 155 fuel.

most british player rush to the comet or croc ASAP, because every other tank is kind of meh or crap. Cromwell have short live expectancy after the size nerf, Firefly is still too expensive, and the anvil churchill is still crap.

Fire fly should cost 140 fu 400 mp comet same as okw panther
11 Aug 2016, 09:08 AM

Fire fly should cost 140 fu 400 mp comet same as okw panther

the sherman fly should be 380 mp 135 fuel. the Jpz4 basically hard counter the FF.

the sherman firely have 640 hp, 160 armor, and poor speed. It can't flee or chase down medium tanks. It's actually slower than the stug and the jpz4

even with the recent reload buff, 8 seconds is still pretty long. Its penetration is excellent but not "perfect" like the elefant or the jagtiger.

and change the tulip to main gun disable instead of total stun.
11 Aug 2016, 11:22 AM

Spend resource cost to call Panthers is not worth enough.
Vet 3 RoF buff still no different ...
Not fit the role "tank hunter expert" premium medium tank.
11 Aug 2016, 14:50 PM

ahahaah more like 2/3 of the time (btw comet is generalist ,pather is a tank hunter the fact that it lose at from front is already a problem )
and no the panther doesn't kill inf like comet dat test was biased in no cover (urealist) some one made a video in green and yellow cover comet win by a mile cause spacing and cover bonus means nothing to tank shell

Then you please make a video showing that it loses because panther armor kept at range should always win the fight.

So yellow and green cover is 360 degrees? I don't recall anything besides bunkers and trenches providing that. Maybe you should learn... to move around covers since it is a mobile tank and not an emplacement. Both are extremely effective at killing infantry if you know how to use them.
11 Aug 2016, 14:54 PM

Then you please make a video showing that it loses because panther armor kept at range should always win the fight.

So yellow and green cover is 360 degrees? I don't recall anything besides bunkers and trenches providing that. Maybe you should learn... to move around covers since it is a mobile tank and not an emplacement. Both are extremely effective at killing infantry if you know how to use them.

Just a Reminder that the testing was done with stationary positions, the mgs of the panther greatly benefit from beeing stationary/ greatly suffer from firing on the move. And now guess how often you Park a tank infront of infantry and letting shoot it for 10 secs stationary.. :')
11 Aug 2016, 15:14 PM

yea and facing my rear to the enemy too right ?
11 Aug 2016, 16:14 PM

Panther less effectiveness against infantry is fine .. just leave it, but for tanks is meh ...

Is it really tank hunter expert ? Always only one shot (sometime two) and retreat before swarm of tanks, infantries with AT weapons/snare, At guns or another AT ability incoming for take down your precious Panther.

Comet performance is really like Tiger medium tank. Yes it cost more so its fair, but how about
Panther ?!? At least make him fight better against tank so it will be worth for tech and call this unit.
11 Aug 2016, 16:22 PM

panther has to be in range to win the fight, but every other AT tank on the allies outranges and has much accuracy than it.

The only thing i find it being actually more worth than other options its at the time of facing "standart" medium armor like shermans, cromwells and T34/76 if not masificated, and if you play OKW, ok, you have jadgpanzer with both nice range and camo, and you pay for a panther almost heavy tank, but on Osthern you have stug, which can surprise you a lot and its a good pick on team games, but being turretless and lacking resilence/range in exchange of RoF makes it unreliable in lots of scenaries, adding the fact that pather's accuracy on movement from Osthern is worse than osttruppen, i dont see it being that overpowered, even slighly under the media. but of course if you go suicidal or you let him stack panthers and you base everything on "standart" medium armor, you just get countered, like a KT gets countered by a SU-85, Jackson or firefly.

If the problem is on, by the case, that you cant just trow everything and outright kill it at the sigth, its something normal in other units, mostly British ones.
11 Aug 2016, 16:27 PM

Oh god this topic again. Videos were made about 8 months ago on another thread. Panther will beat comet like 9/10 times. Panther has 3 mgs and can kill infantry just as fast as comet does. It just doesn't do 1 hit kills with main gun.

This, Panthers are stupidly good. Case closed.

And if you want to murder infantry super fast you can always get a stuka/brummbar/panzerwerfer.
11 Aug 2016, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2016, 16:27 PMzerocoh

This, Panthers are stupidly good. Case closed.

And if you want to murder infantry super fast you can always get a stuka/brummbar/panzerwerfer.

Are u kidding me right? No one build Panther for beat infantries, seriously.
yeah u are right about another tools for beat infantries,THANK YOU for good tips for beat infantry !!!
But how about Panther fighting tanks ???
11 Aug 2016, 16:42 PM

This isn't a good argument per say to make. I understand where you are coming from but the game also uses commander to augment units on the field.

The panther through different commander has access to amazing abilities.

Blizkeieg to drive faster than planes can fly to get into or out anything what so ever.

German magic pixy dust to make your panther disappear (german defensive smoke) and combined that with blitz...if you lose a panther you're doing something wrong.

If you put it on your panther or not or the 222, "map hack" abilties to spot the whole map with spotting scopes.

OKW gets the APCR shells to pen anything, more damage and longer range.

Command Panther gets mark target (50%), speed and sight range.

By itself as amazing armor that bounces shots all day from allied tanks and speed any real and decent HP and gun range.

It also has great vet, esp vet 2 with armor.

I feel the Panther is in a really good spot right now, yes it doesnt kill infantry with its gun like the comet does but it performs more that ok in its anti armor role plus with its disgusting speed you can just crush those allied boyz.

You and I were playing last night talking about how OP comet is. Also comet gets war speed too if you forgot.

Comet is awesome - especially in team games. 2 Comets working together is ridiculous.
11 Aug 2016, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2016, 16:42 PMGdot

You and I were playing last night talking about how OP comet is. Also comet gets war speed too if you forgot.

Comet is awesome - especially in team games. 2 Comets working together is ridiculous.

That is why there are these little wonderful things called mines exist.

OKW can spam mines all day since they float munitions like mad.

and Werh tellers will guarantee a kill.
11 Aug 2016, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2016, 16:40 PMzerocoh

They are great at that too you idiot.

Problem here is that people want panthers to be king tigers. Panthers have insane good vet, at vet 2 is virtually invincible.

Just stop being a retard that dives his tanks into a bunch of jacksons and SUs and you will be fine.
WOW DUDE INSULTING PEOPLE GIVE YOU POWER YOU MUST BE TRUMP SUPPORTER PLAYING ONLY USF
DUDE JUST STOP
11 Aug 2016, 17:21 PM
Benefactor 392

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2016, 12:32 PMNEVEC
320 armor + medium tank mobility, what exactly you don't like? Panther don't kills infantry with main gun? Ost have brumbarr and panzerwerfer for this.

p4s are for infantry/tank
they are the bread/butter tank. panthers i use for churchills and IS2s. they are okish for infantry they can harrass a squad but a p4 is really good
11 Aug 2016, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2016, 16:47 PMzerocoh

That is why there are these little wonderful things called mines exist.

OKW can spam mines all day since they float munitions like mad.

and Werh tellers will guarantee a kill.

poor brits dont have mine right ?
11 Aug 2016, 17:22 PM

Problem here is that people want panthers to be king tigers. Panthers have insane good vet, at vet 2 is virtually invincible.

Just stop being a retard that dives his tanks into a bunch of jacksons and SUs and you will be fine.

i am grateful to be an idiot forever if it can make Panther better against tank.
my idea is just need Rof buff, not buff Panther to be a little KT !!!
and anyone is being retard like u said if dive alone.
even u mention about vet ,except OKW Panther vet 4 and 5 its still be suck compare to Comet vet is far better.
11 Aug 2016, 17:25 PM
Benefactor 392

i am grateful to be an idiot forever if it can make Panther better against tank.
my idea is just need Rof buff, not buff Panther to be a little KT !!!
and anyone is being retard like u said if dive alone.
even u mention about vet ,except OKW Panther vet 4 and 5 its still be suck compare to Comet vet is far better.

I have to agree the RoF buff is all it really needs. it doesn't need to be a large RoF buff it, but somewhat noticable
11 Aug 2016, 17:46 PM

Nobody's is asking for anything close to a KT, just a tank that is somehow worth what it costs, like, take say the Comet? What are you even talking about? Who's really the retard here?
11 Aug 2016, 18:01 PM
Donator 22

they have both different roles and I never had any problems, to fight other tanks with a Panther.
If i see the enemy relies a lot on infantry, I get a brummbar. If I see there a more tanks, I get a Panther.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 71

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight