Login

russian armor

Panther(both factions) vs Comet

9 Sep 2016, 11:03 AM

The majority of UKF tanks are too good in the AI role being able even to kill ATGs. Their AI ability should be toned down a bit...
9 Sep 2016, 12:16 PM

since ukf and usf have the strongest infantery, since the allies get much better tanks, since the get the best indirect fire tools, since the get much more nice stuff...its now the time to make axis great again.

the OK get nerfed with their tanks, with their infantery, with their ressoucres, with the enmys (stronger allies means a nerf to axis)

look how fast shermans, comets and pershing wipes out units...or t70 and stuart.....the ostwind can only dream on this performanche.
even 2 ostwind doent wipe out units in red cover
9 Sep 2016, 12:44 PM

Permanently Banned
BTW, axis tanks don't crush like allied tanks.

#HOPE
9 Sep 2016, 12:53 PM

GIB PANTHERS SPLASH
9 Sep 2016, 12:55 PM

All that needs to be done to fix the lategame advantage the Allies have:

- Ostheer Panther gets OKW Panther stats (MGs and accuracy). Both Panthers reload a little bit faster so they aren´t a downgrade from the Panzer IV in dps.

- Tiger I gets 30 more frontal armor.

- British tank commander upgrade costs 50 munitions.

- Panzer IV gets a price reduction to 120 fuel, 145 fuel respectively.

See how this ends up. It´s just minor adjustments.
9 Sep 2016, 13:04 PM

Most of what you wrote is based on the assumption that +%accuracy improves AI performance.
This assumption is completely wrong.

For low-accuracy guns (< 10%), accuracy makes absolutely no difference vs infantry. It's only scatter that matters.

Oh, i see. You are right. However, i still don't understand why do Panthers receive 0.7 moving accuracy modifier while other tanks like Comet and T34/85 receive only 0.5. Even if it matters only against tanks, it still matters imo.

I think its just some remnant of the old game, where Panthers were facing mostly SU85s, and flanking with blitz speed was an issue. Now Comets and T34/85s are just as fast (or even faster) as the Panther.
9 Sep 2016, 19:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2016, 13:04 PMRiCE

Oh, i see. You are right. However, i still don't understand why do Panthers receive 0.7 moving accuracy modifier while other tanks like Comet and T34/85 receive only 0.5. Even if it matters only against tanks, it still matters imo.

I think its just some remnant of the old game, where Panthers were facing mostly SU85s, and flanking with blitz speed was an issue. Now Comets and T34/85s are just as fast (or even faster) as the Panther.

You got it wrong.

Code

T3485 Comet OKW PV OH PV
Max speed: 6.3 6.9 6.6 6.6
Acceleration: 2.5 2.2 2.4 2.4
Deceleration: 4.6 4 4.5 4.5
Rotation rate: 34 36 30 30
Moving acc: 0.5 0.75 0.65 0.5

There's also scatter which i don't remember the values but it was something like USF > OKW PV > rest of tanks.

Finally, if you want to hit with OKW PV while moving, use Combat blitz (+100% accuracy, -50% received accuracy, +40% speed.)

All that needs to be done to fix the lategame advantage the Allies have:
- Ostheer Panther gets OKW Panther stats (MGs and accuracy). Both Panthers reload a little bit faster so they aren´t a downgrade from the Panzer IV in dps.
- Tiger I gets 30 more frontal armor.
- British tank commander upgrade costs 50 munitions.
- Panzer IV gets a price reduction to 120 fuel, 145 fuel respectively.
See how this ends up. It´s just minor adjustments.

-Change for MGs is not as much at close range, but makes a difference at long range. (Overall it's like +1/+5 dps increase)
How much faster should it reload? I know it's not accurate (not going to do the math and file checking) but coh2stats states this reloads times:

In order it's PIV > T85/Comet > E8 > PV (5.63/6.28/6.43/7.38)

If i had to concede it would be a 0.1-0.25s reload buff, but i'll rather buff the base accuracy and keep it as a slower DPS tank meant to fight heavier tanks which the Stug can't deal with.

-I don't think Tiger changes are necessary atm but i do agree on both tank commander upgrade and the PIV one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★