Login

russian armor

Panther(both factions) vs Comet

11 Aug 2016, 18:10 PM

they have both different roles and I never had any problems, to fight other tanks with a Panther.
If i see the enemy relies a lot on infantry, I get a brummbar. If I see there a more tanks, I get a Panther.

Well see, the difference there is if you're playing brits:... i see the enemy relies a lot on infantry, I get a Comet. If I see there a more tanks, I get a Comet. :-) Get it? It fulfills both roles at roughly the same price.
11 Aug 2016, 19:32 PM

It´s pretty simple... with the Panther for the increased price you get something that does less dps than a Panzer IV let alone the StuG which does almost twice the damage. Why would I buy that? If they at least weren´t a damage downgrade, I would consider getting Panthers. But the current vehicle is just ridiculous. Worse against infantry and worse against tanks going by damage output (not sufficiently compensated by range, speed and armor imo).

The armor doesn´t deflect anything but the regular mediums that the Panzer IV and StuG can already handle. The dedicated AT vehicles outrange it. And the armor penetration isn´t needed in any realistic scenario but the IS-2 (which StuGs and Paks handle well enough).
11 Aug 2016, 21:11 PM

i want all my stuff to be superior to yours dammit
12 Aug 2016, 11:57 AM

The panther got powercreeped , plain and simple. in the past it was very difficult to kill this unit, but with the constant improvements to the allied AT its main strength: high durability is simply gone. to most allied AT the panther is nothing more then a p4 with 160 more hp.

a buff to its dps is somewhat in order.
12 Aug 2016, 12:34 PM

Oh god this topic again. Videos were made about 8 months ago on another thread. Panther will beat comet like 9/10 times. Panther has 3 mgs and can kill infantry just as fast as comet does. It just doesn't do 1 hit kills with main gun.

i cant remember the panther to regularly oneshot units like the comet does.
12 Aug 2016, 12:36 PM

Well see, the difference there is if you're playing brits:... i see the enemy relies a lot on infantry, I get a Comet. If I see there a more tanks, I get a Comet. :-) Get it? It fulfills both roles at roughly the same price.

+1
12 Aug 2016, 12:41 PM

i cant remember the panther to regularly oneshot units like the comet does.

the comet's oneshot capability is severly over stated. Its AOE is the same as the cromwell, and subsequently weaker than the AOE on the panzer 4 and tiger.

what make the comet so amazingly against infantry is the comet's range. A 50 meter gun range combined with the high passive sight of the british faction make the comet an 32 ton sniper.
12 Aug 2016, 12:47 PM

if the stats say so ok, maybe im simply NEVER LUCKY and thats why my inf keeps getting oneshotted so often by that stupid comet

but yeah, the range on that thing is also pretty retarded.

facking hell
12 Aug 2016, 13:14 PM

if the stats say so ok, maybe im simply NEVER LUCKY and thats why my inf keeps getting oneshotted so often by that stupid comet

but yeah, the range on that thing is also pretty retarded.

facking hell

multiple comets firing on grenadier will wipe the grenadier pretty easily.

the extra range make it easier to spam comet because they don't get in each other's way like the 40 range tanks. it also mean the comet can stay away from stug or pak more easily.
12 Aug 2016, 13:24 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Comets are bat s**t OP ... coupled with the fact they get war speed on repair and can move faster than your turret can rotate for an extended period of time...

Check out this video.. it's just not fair :P

12 Aug 2016, 13:36 PM

Comets are bat s**t OP ... coupled with the fact they get war speed on repair and can move faster than your turret can rotate for an extended period of time...

Check out this video.. it's just not fair :P

Even Stromless reply my first topic in this forum. T^T

Yes its really not fair Comet do the jobs better than Panther even they are almost the same price !!!!
12 Aug 2016, 14:47 PM

The way I see it the Panther either needs a better reload as was suggested or it needs a buff to its MGs to somewhat be able to fight infantry more reliable (similar to the recent T-34/76 adjustments). This especially applies to the Wehrmacht Panther.

Currently it is mediocre versus medium tanks to the point it can be 1v1ed when flanked and lacking versus infantry. The former aspect is simply not acceptable for a vehicle that is supposed to be an end of tech hard counter to vehicles.
12 Aug 2016, 15:24 PM

Panthers were actually scary when the meta was to rush for IS2s and ISUs.
12 Aug 2016, 16:43 PM
Patrion 14

Comets are op af.

And they cheat at getting vet.

agree when considering 3v3+, too.

I don't want to buff panther though. it used to be op af and i feel that overwhelming allies mediums are making it shine less.

also, down with the vet cheat!
12 Aug 2016, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2016, 16:43 PMpigsoup
I don't want to buff panther though. it used to be op af and i feel that overwhelming allies mediums are making it shine less.
Isn´t that a contradiction? You think the Panther shouldn´t be buffed. Yet you think the units it faces are overwhelming? They are overwhelming because the Panther can´t fight them for cost.
12 Aug 2016, 17:25 PM
Patrion 14

Isn´t that a contradiction? You think the Panther shouldn´t be buffed. Yet you think the units it faces are overwhelming? They are overwhelming because the Panther can´t fight them for cost.

well, i meant nerf the allies mediums instead of keep doing this buff race/ power creep.
12 Aug 2016, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2016, 17:25 PMpigsoup

well, i meant nerf the allies mediums instead of keep doing this buff race/ power creep.

i think no need to nerf Comet or other premium allies medium tanks for now... Comet role was generalist premium medium tank. its cost a bit more than Panther so it should be better.
for Panther about suck at fight infantry just leave it... a bit RoF buff for better vs tanks should be worth for cost.
12 Aug 2016, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2016, 17:25 PMpigsoup

But how would that fix the stale Tier 3 meta Ostheer is stuck into. Tier 3 simply outperforms Tier 4. People would even more rely on StuGs and Panzer IVs and ignore the Panther.
13 Aug 2016, 08:52 AM

I agree the panther needs a small buff for rof and even accuracy. do not think its Main gun should be ai also. keep in mind that there is a significant difference between panther and comet as amor 320 vs 290 and penetration 250 vs 200. And panther vet 2 must also be taken în consideration. comet îs fine, very good tank, but fine.
13 Aug 2016, 08:59 AM

panthers main gun needs a small buff vs infantry other than that is it fine.

Also

Leave my comets alone <444>3
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight