Login

russian armor

List of unfinished changes for OKW

12 Aug 2016, 20:11 PM

this thread makes me sad.

okw gets t0 kubel and sturms, best lights and mlrs, flak hq, and stock heavy.

like play the faction to its strengths instead of complaining about it not being an a-move blob fest anymore.

again, kubel play let's you beeline any mid game strat you want and inflicts mp bleed
12 Aug 2016, 21:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2016, 18:02 PMRocket
What is with the okw thing. Nobody is happy unless okw is 20% better than any faction. Only shit I can agree with is the ISG needs smoke and maybe a minor buff to flak truck(unit).

However I just don't get the okw fanboy crap never happy unless they are 20% better than every faction and should have everything they lack even though every other faction lacks in certain areas but makes up for it in others. That and relic actually listens to you.

Cried about okw not having a medium tank even though you had the best infantry AT because they were not designed to have mediums. And they gave it to you.

Next was cried about not having an MG, because you were not designed to you have better infantry with vet and non-doct obers. And they gave it to you. Now it needs to be T0?

They give USF a mortar and you cry about it.
but lets buff the lieg?

Lets bring leig fest back ahh leig fest the most frustrating month of coh I can ever remember. Much like the usf mortar only it had longer range, pinned infantry, and wiped them maybe even worse than USF mortar at first.

Lets complain about british emplacements but then be able to control our hq flak truck and use it like an emplacement but not have to pay for the truck to upgrade the hq flak gun or pay pop cost. Or lets bitch about british stationary mortars sitting behind the bofors but then lets buff mobile liegs and sit them behind the new flak hq truck.

Lets cry about not having 100% resource rate but keep our ability to salvage. And not have to pay for any side tech like any other faction. And imo you still don't pay for enough through all 3 resources. I see no problem with okw being able to spam arty flares anywhere they want on the map and have fully upgraded infantry at the same time. Also seems to me they can beat USF to a reg sherman vs there better p4. Due to side tech like ambulance, weapons, grenades, all pretty much must haves. but lets reduce the cost of med truck that was purposely done to effect that?

Oh I almost forgot lets cry about not being able to clear buildings give versatile infantry one of the most versatile grenades that completely negate your opponet to be able to garrison buildings but you can and other than soviets no other faction has a non-doct easy way to ungarrsion buildings either but thats fine. BUT they just don't do that, they negate cover ensuring you win the fight and do good dmg if hit, they wipe the shit out of all team weapons. You didn't even ask for that and Relic did that so you know they love you. :D

You know what lets give okw a sniper too, one like ost where it has body armor and can just stand there while your firing at it with bars.

Wait lets give okw a normal AT gun and deny the fact of other things like a doctrinal heavy tank. That would be loads of fun trying to take out a KT with pak support.

Might as well give them a mortar too why we are at it. Oh wait mines too more mines. Let's see what else are we missing

soo true man i'm totally agree with you
13 Aug 2016, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2016, 09:07 AMRiCE
So recently there have been a couple of changes on OKW side. While i do not dispute the fact these were needed, i think some of them were only half-a*s nerfs. Here's a list of OKW units needs some love:

• SPio Schreck. Giving schrecks for Spios was a bad idea on the first place. I would prefer a change where volks could keep the schreck, but a single scheck upgrade would render two member of the squad inactive. If the schreck stays for Spios, then its 90MU price is no longer reasonable. The cold package is no longer relevant, and 90MU weapon upgrade is too much for a 4 men, relatively fragile squad.

True related to SPs weaknesses you described but what can be done? Returning shrecks to volks? Why? OKW it's fine like this. The thing is atm OKW invites you to use combined arms to fight against vehicles until middle game and even beyond. You want to use only SPs as AT solution? Not a good idea, you must combine them with Raketen and volks'pzfausts.

• Raketen ATgun. If you google the word "design flaw", the image of this gun should appear. Its the worst AT gun in the game, with a bunch of useless abilities, so biased people can use those as an excuse. Retreat, cloaking, garrison. The gun has horrible aim speed. Its literally impossible to kill with it anything heavier than a light tank. Even that is debateable. Aim time must be fixed. Retreat never won any fight so far. Cloak no longer provide damage bonus but accuracy boost, which is pretty much useless when your AT can only fire once in a decade. Also the gun crew get wiped out constantly. I think it should be changed to a simple PAK40, 320MP price and locked behind teching. OKW NEEDS a reliable ATgun, and RkW is garbage.

100% agree on raketen awkwardness. It's just bad. But then, again, the solution is to combine it with something else, not use just raketen. Thing is that atm is verry difficult to find the perfect combo in early game so that you won't be weak neither on AT or AI counters... :)

• ISG. The USF mortar makes this unit looks like a joke. USF mortar must be removed, or ISG rebalanced against it. Most of all, SMOKE SHELLS are needed to counter MGs, since OKW has no direct counter for reasonable price.

Yeah but that it's USF mortar's problem, it doesn't mean ISG needs buffs.

• Obersoldaten. Unit has been nerfed for a while. Its a manpower sink now. The stock unit still doesnt worth 400MP, and get constantly wiped out. Decrease their price to 340MP max. 280MP riflemen already reach terminator vet by the time they first face with obers, and they cut through Obers with their LMGs, like hot knife through butter.

Dunno, I find Obersoldaten still useful. Verry useful. Of course you have to preserve them, but this is a thing you must do with all your units.

• Forward Retreat. Half-a*s change again. Medics are now separated, fuel based upgrade now for this HQ. Why do we still pay 300MP for this? UKF version is 250MP.

No, the problem is that we have to pay for medics. They should be free and heal as before, and if you want to do them heal better, then it should be an upgrade.

• FlakHQ. Please, PLEASE make it possible to switch targets, or prioritize infantries over vehicles. If a tank rolls in forward the HQ, the flak will keep firing the vehicle even if it cannot damage. Penals can walk in and throw satchels on it, because we cannot switch target. F*cked up massively.

Agree,, that would be verry nice but people are still complaining about that FlackHQ. They would cry even more if your proposal will be implemented.

• Flak Half-track. No one ever built this unit since WFA were released. Tells the story...

Disagree. I build it quite often. It depends on how you play, if you try to be a little stronger on AT side and give shrecks to your SPs, build 2 raketen, etc, you will be weaker on your AI counters. That is the case where an AAHT fits quite well....
15 Aug 2016, 11:50 AM

so many forum warriors here :foreveralone: okw only have two problems.

1 Medics. medics should not cost fuel, there should be two ways to get medics. From the med fhq or if the player goes mech, u should be able to tech medics at base. once one is teched the other should grey out. Vice versa

2 leIGs need smoke

15 Aug 2016, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 11:50 AMDAZ187
so many forum warriors here :foreveralone: okw only have two problems.

1 Medics. medics should not cost fuel, there should be two ways to get medics. From the med fhq or if the player goes mech, u should be able to tech medics at base. once one is teched the other should grey out. Vice versa

The WHOLE point of that change was to give OKW fuel side tech-you know, like ALL the other factions have.
Ost while don't have side tech, have plenty of expenses anyway and are the only ones who need to stick to the base with one squad to get their own healing.

What would you like to have as a side tech instead?
Shrecks and StGs like USF and UKF?
Flame nade and pfaust like Sov?
15 Aug 2016, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 12:28 PMKatitof

The WHOLE point of that change was to give OKW fuel side tech-you know, like ALL the other factions have.
Ost while don't have side tech, have plenty of expenses anyway and are the only ones who need to stick to the base with one squad to get their own healing.

nice bait but i aint gona take it :)

15 Aug 2016, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2016, 12:42 PMDAZ187

nice bait but i aint gona take it :)
15 Aug 2016, 12:46 PM

What would you like to have as a side tech instead?
Shrecks and StGs like USF and UKF?
Flame nade and pfaust like Sov?

The point was not well thought through then I guess. Just to get healing is 55 fuel and 450 MP now (not everybody wants to pay for ISGs, Flak HT or IR search lights just to get healing)? Applying some research cost for STGs/Schrecks instead is not such a bad idea I find. Affordable healing is a somewhat more fundamental need.
15 Aug 2016, 14:11 PM

The point was not well thought through then I guess. Just to get healing is 55 fuel and 450 MP now (not everybody wants to pay for ISGs, Flak HT or IR search lights just to get healing)? Applying some research cost for STGs/Schrecks instead is not such a bad idea I find. Affordable healing is a somewhat more fundamental need.
yea weapon rack at base (jk)but would be cool to double upgrade unit maybe stg only volks and sherck only for SP
15 Aug 2016, 16:27 PM

I see as always you can just point out the flaws of other and never give your opinion bantiof
Mind telling us what you think of other point ?

Guys. Better listen to katitoff's okw suggestions. With his 27 total games played as that faction, but 9500 forum posts, he is really the guy to centre all balance debate around. Hail!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★