Login

russian armor

has RELIC given up on COH2-DOW3 has been announced ?

10 Aug 2016, 19:02 PM

This is why the community must stand together. If we can steer relic into making good balance updates, our esports scene will grow. The bigger the scene, the more content we will have

I think you're relatively new to COH scene so I'll fill you in. This was exactly the attitude everyone had going back to the pre-release and beta days. Community members even helped Relic find leaked gameplay videos on youtube to get taken down just to be nice and build bridges. Relic proceeds to shit on said community by disregarding what most the top players were saying about balance and mechanics, milking DLC after having said they would not, their Toxicity™ thread here, and so on. Then about 6 months after COH2 release Relic went through multiple phases of these patch tester alpha groups, with mostly new faces. A handful of the old breed stuck around, but Relic wanted a positivity echo chamber feedback group. Then everytime they had one of these alpha groups that was comprised of increasingly newer players eager to be in the Relic good ole boys club, that naively thought things would be different this time, they got burned too.

Repeat cycle multiple times and fast forward 2-3 years, now many of the people that were brainwashed by some of the simpleton plebs on this site to blindly hate the old school COH1 "elitists" like Tommy, Aimstrong, Kolaris, Budwise, Inverse, etc. for no good reason, came to realize they were right and Relic just doesn't give a fuck. Then every now and then they might do some token PR stunt like making the community fund their tournament for them under the guise of buying skins, but its not enough to shake the legacy of Comcast tier customer support.
10 Aug 2016, 19:33 PM
Donator 33

I think you're relatively new to COH scene so I'll fill you in.

This was exactly the attitude everyone had going back to the pre-release and beta days. Community members even helped Relic find leaked gameplay videos on youtube to get taken down just to be nice and build bridges.

Relic proceeds to shit on said community by disregarding what most the top players were saying about balance and mechanics, milking DLC after having said they would not, their Toxicity™ thread here, and so on.

Then about 6 months after COH2 release Relic went through multiple phases of these patch tester alpha groups, with mostly new faces. A handful of the old breed stuck around, but Relic wanted a positivity echo chamber feedback group.

Then everytime they had one of these alpha groups that was comprised of increasingly newer players eager to be in the Relic good ole boys club, that naively thought things would be different this time, they got burned too.

Repeat cycle multiple times and fast forward 2-3 years, now many of the people that were brainwashed by some of the simpleton plebs on this site to blindly hate the old school COH1 "elitists" like Tommy, Aimstrong, Kolaris, Budwise, Inverse, etc. for no good reason, came to realize they were right and Relic just doesn't give a fuck.

Then every now and then they might do some token PR stunt like making the community fund their tournament for them under the guise of buying skins, but its not enough to shake the legacy of Comcast tier customer support.

Edit for readability.

+1
11 Aug 2016, 02:12 AM

I think you're relatively new to COH scene so I'll fill you in. This was exactly the attitude everyone had going back to the pre-release and beta days. Community members even helped Relic find leaked gameplay videos on youtube to get taken down just to be nice and build bridges. Relic proceeds to shit on said community by disregarding what most the top players were saying about balance and mechanics, milking DLC after having said they would not, their Toxicity™ thread here, and so on. Then about 6 months after COH2 release Relic went through multiple phases of these patch tester alpha groups, with mostly new faces. A handful of the old breed stuck around, but Relic wanted a positivity echo chamber feedback group. Then everytime they had one of these alpha groups that was comprised of increasingly newer players eager to be in the Relic good ole boys club, that naively thought things would be different this time, they got burned too.

Repeat cycle multiple times and fast forward 2-3 years, now many of the people that were brainwashed by some of the simpleton plebs on this site to blindly hate the old school COH1 "elitists" like Tommy, Aimstrong, Kolaris, Budwise, Inverse, etc. for no good reason, came to realize they were right and Relic just doesn't give a fuck. Then every now and then they might do some token PR stunt like making the community fund their tournament for them under the guise of buying skins, but its not enough to shake the legacy of Comcast tier customer support.

I would say I'm one of relic's harshest critics and it seems relic is starting to care more about the community and the future of the esports scene. We have another major tourny on the horizon so if the balance matches the level of money & support from relic, CoH2 can become an major or semi-major esport
11 Aug 2016, 12:40 PM

so much butthurt

I know. The hate seems to be bottomless in this community.
11 Aug 2016, 14:01 PM
Patrion 14

I think that wasn't shadowada's point. its not about what relic has done to you or how you feel about the game.

Would've the game be better if they listened to the vcoh pros in the early beta days? I would think so. was/is relic's comm. with community lacking and frustrating? yes.

But let's rewind the clock. how has the game changed from the release? remember SNF5? As much as i enjoyed it, It was just con spam v. gren spam. looking at tPI 3, The shear number of unique games that the small tourney churned out are infinitely more interesting in essence than the entire games that were played during SNF5. Obs mode, war spoil, 5 factions, more maps, map fixes, balance, game mechanics, (i.e. teching and small arms damage etc etc), relic's tourneys and the list goes on. Believe or not, these were changes that community here, COH2.ORG, wanted and got implemented. Has it been lacking? Yes. But this thread is not the way to show it our frustration and our longing for better future...

Neither this thread nor the overly bloated drama at the Relic's Tourney Invite thread are about better future. Look at the other thread. People trying to skin relic over a small issue, exploding it to some kind of Watergate scandal or some precedent for skinning Relic alive. Troq..., what did you expect when you made this thread? That Relic will come here to apologise? Admit to whatever you believe in? More realistically, if Relic did respond to this thread, it would have probably been a cliche "We still care about the game and working really hard on it still' type. Were you going to take that and just let it be? Nope. There will be even more anger. You know it and I know it. The most realistic thing that could have happened was what has actually happened; Relic does not respond and butthurts rub each others' back.

This thread helps nobody. Relic will get nothing out of this. COH2.ORG and the community gain nothing. You gain nothing except if you find satisfaction out of making toxic, rhetorical threads. It does not move the game forward with helpful discussion. I will mostly likely not be out of line for saying this but close to all of us here on COH2.ORG has gotten our money's worth. Only the most senior members of this site and staffs who actually made sacrifices to their real life for this game have the right to be as butthurt as the vast part of the community right now. Let's not act like somehow paying 60-120 USD gives us a right be a total fuckin asshole. An NES games costed 50 USD back in the 80s.

This is why the community must stand together. If we can steer relic into making good balance updates, our esports scene will grow. The bigger the scene, the more content we will have
11 Aug 2016, 22:15 PM
Patrion 14

I for one am glad DOW III will replace CoH2.
11 Aug 2016, 22:42 PM
Benefactor 392

Honestly I'd rather everyone here look at each other and think about this for a moment.

A: we as a community had only ever done one thing, and that was shit on the Relic.
B: They give us what we want yet we still burn them.

What makes you guys think that they will ever continue. And honestly I am surprised that they even have the servers still running.

If i were the dev, with a community this toxic, I'd scrap everything.
11 Aug 2016, 23:01 PM

Coh 2 in a nutshell

12 Aug 2016, 01:14 AM

Yeah, OP P2W commanders which vere nerfed after milking, OP Brits which were nerfed after milking, 3 years of Brads "L2P working as intendent", total igronence, total rock wall on things which relic planned to do.

Because things like Turbo Shermans, Elite troops and Windustry were only a single mistake which was never repeated in future :snfPeter:

Dinno if its Relic or SEGA problem, but CoH2 is by far one of the most failed RTS games when it comes to balance and amount of BS coused by developers.

CoH2 is basically allive only and only because there are simply no competition and it is unique RTS game.

I say, just give community proper mod tools, with possability to add new models\new skins\new sounds and so on. After that relic could go away with their 5 years plans. And to be honest, all their plans should have been canceled just 1 month before WFA release, since just before WFA balance was nearly perfect, which only required correct ost and correct soviets changes.
12 Aug 2016, 04:06 AM

i Just find it funny how okw went from a resource starved late game elite unit faction to having least elite unit early game having most resources faction lol lelic
12 Aug 2016, 07:41 AM

Ofc they have given up.

They have given up a long time. They are just soothing you guys by sometimes "updating" very little things in the game. Call that support?
Lelelelelellelelelelel.
12 Aug 2016, 08:05 AM
Donator 11

A: we as a community had only ever done one thing, and that was shit on the Relic.
were you there during the alpha and beta of coh2? god, relic was so lucky to have such a hyped community. i mean we even played tournaments in the beta

what they give us is either too late, or bugged, or cash cow items
12 Aug 2016, 08:08 AM

relic is so good they did there 5 year plan in 3 years :romeoMug:
12 Aug 2016, 10:13 AM

OPTIMISATION and CONNECTION. These are the weakest sides of CoH2, not balance. Balance would be easier to focus on when you have optimisation and connection issues already solved. Imagine if you had a Lamborgini, but its engine would suddenly die few times during a ride and it couldnt go faster than 100kmh, that is coh2. Fix fundamentals first then add new stuff like factions, dlcs etc.. No improvements in optimisation and connection quality for a long time means Relic given up long time ago(at least for me).

I hope DoW 3 gets:
1)better optimisation
2)less bugs
3)less connection issues
4)improved Observer mode(with an option to replay from any given point of time without need to restart the replay completely)
5)improved commander and drop system(dont know how it will look in dow3 but my guess is there will be some sort of drop system and ability to buy these items with dlc),
6)cool mod tools that allow not only to mess with current content but add new uniqe content

12 Aug 2016, 12:07 PM

I can say more: after last server's maintenance 4 of 5 games (4v4) suffer from different issues: sync errors just at the beginning, bugspalts while loading, no commanders AND bulletins/skins for every player in BOTH teams. Add to this bugged lobby when game shows host started the search but actually he didn't do this and don't see searching happening.
12 Aug 2016, 12:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2016, 12:07 PMHater
Add to this bugged lobby when game shows host started the search but actually he didn't do this and don't see searching happening.

so this is actually a thing? i was always wondering why my mates kept shouting at me to stop the search, while i was actually only browsing the match stats.

dont forget one more bug: whilst search, once some of your lobby-mates drops/leaves, the soundsearch will go on and on, forever. until you restart the game :facepalm:
12 Aug 2016, 13:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Honestly I'd rather everyone here look at each other and think about this for a moment.

Speak for yourself. You don't know just how backwards this statement is for some of us. The most critical people on this site are actually those that have put in hundreds of hours to make this game great.
12 Aug 2016, 20:07 PM

i miss milkacow -.- .......... still will be remeber on my wall all the great players from coh and coh2 great eforte on alpha testing team and allis and great work for coh2.org for kepping this alive and kiking thks for all casters making a huge contribution on making the game alive

a game it no cummonity its a dead game
so just to say coh2.org best cummonity ever if it wasnt for this web site the game was dead some time ago !!
from the lack of effort from SEGA !

Love you guys !!
13 Aug 2016, 06:58 AM

13 Aug 2016, 15:14 PM

On the next title there needs to be less of changing the entire game around, and a large increase of making small tweaks to existing balance related values.

Having some confidence in the already existing game. The hammer approach to patches was ridiculed pretty much from the start to so far, as far as I can tell.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★