Login

russian armor

Penalties for abusive /quit .

Should Relic include report & leaving penalties ?
Option Distribution Votes
80%
20%
Total votes: 74
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
31 Jul 2016, 16:50 PM

This thing ruining the game since 2013.

Its simple, if you want to get ranked in coh2 (like some forum masterchief "show ur playercard" do) you can't rely on random matchmaking (except 1v1) because LEAVERS ARE EVERYWHERE.

You haven't 3 VP at 1 min ? Leave
You have to counterattack ? Leave
You lost a mortar ? Leave
You start a 4v4 ? 2 AFK
You start a 3v3 ? 1 AFK
1 guy leave ? 2 guys leave :snfPeter:
You want to make a single game ? 5 game "leaving streak" :sibHyena:

Honestly, i even saw some people who just spend time at serial leaving game after game.
Same problem with people who just stop playing and flood with ping and insult. Where is reporting option ? Lelic.

When you look at playercards of Top player in 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, its always with arranged team + TS. And after they call you noob on coh2.org with your playercard at 0.5/0.6 and say you have nothing to say about balance even if you have more playtime than them, just you don't always play with arranged team or friends.

That's a big problem which need to looking at.
31 Jul 2016, 17:16 PM

Yes, making it as in LOL would be great. If you leave you cannot play unti game ends, if you leave many times you have to wait 15 minutes until you get into matchmaking que for 5 times (time may increase for more leaves you make)

And that thing about playercard, most good players will blame you only for 1v1 playercard and usually they do it with some reason (but trolls are trolls)
31 Jul 2016, 18:11 PM

80% of my random 2v2 games losses was because my mate lost a unit or 2 and simply left. So I started playing 1v1 (USF and OKW). The problem is real and well known sadly. It's either get some friends playing CoH2 then start premades or play 1v1s.
31 Jul 2016, 18:17 PM

Yeah, would be awsome! In XBOX LIVE for example you can "dislike" people which decreases their representation (shown as 1-5 stars), this also decreases the chance of getting connected with them again as enemy or teammate!

Re-connect function for people who have unstable internet would be also nice
31 Jul 2016, 18:30 PM

Yeah, would be awsome! In XBOX LIVE for example you can "dislike" people which decreases their representation (shown as 1-5 stars), this also decreases the chance of getting connected with them again as enemy or teammate!

My feeling with this is it gets abused so you have people disliking someone just for being better than them, but I suppose it's an improvement on anything we have now.
31 Jul 2016, 19:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

When you play random, you do so with the mentality of having to carry your partner as default (you might get carried). People play AT on teamgames, cause they don't want to go through MM roulette.

Anyway, you do remember that there's also a random ladder for teamgames right? Do you think that the guys who stays at the top constantly are lucky or are they good?

PD: this should had been implemented but i don't see it been done at all.
31 Jul 2016, 19:09 PM

The real question is : Do Relic really want this game to be a success ?

This game has AMAZING possibilities and is used so badly... :gimpy:
31 Jul 2016, 19:26 PM

I really enjoyed DoW2 with random teams, as you used to keep the people in the lobby after a game. This made the arrangement of teams really great, as you were able to slowly filter, over a series of games, who is a good randomer, and who should be kicked out the party. I kind of miss that feature in CoH2.
31 Jul 2016, 19:36 PM

Absolutely not.

When you play random teams, you take the risks. If I get a bad teammate I should be able to accept the loss, leave and try my luck again. It's my problem for playing random, and when I have time for e.g. 3 games per day I have no intention to spend 2 of them carrying a player that would struggle versus the AI for 50 minutes, only to have them lose all their units, rage and drop.

Conversely, if your teammate drops, too bad - play with the AI (good luck), drop and queue again or find a teammate.

The biggest problem is that, unlike vCoH, the AT and randoms share a ladder. Waiting times being what they are, this is unfortunately unlikely to change. As frustrating as the situation currently is, nothing will alienate players faster than forcing them to play matches they don't want to on penalty of punishment.
31 Jul 2016, 19:36 PM

Imo there's not that many leavers once you enter the higher ranks, this just requires a lot of games (and machosism :snfPeter: ). From the last 20 games or so i've had maybe 1-2 had leavers in them

There's always those bad apples in the mix, but that's just the reality of random teams
31 Jul 2016, 19:40 PM

Absolutely not.

When you play random teams, you take the risks. If I get a bad teammate I should be able to accept the loss, leave and try my luck again. It's my problem for playing random, and when I have time for e.g. 3 games per day I have no intention to spend 2 of them carrying a player that would struggle versus the AI for 50 minutes, only to have them lose all their units, rage and drop.

Conversely, if your teammate drops, too bad - play with the AI (good luck), drop and queue again or find a teammate.

The biggest problem is that, unlike vCoH, the AT and randoms share a ladder. Waiting times being what they are, this is unfortunately unlikely to change. As frustrating as the situation currently is, nothing will alienate players faster than forcing them to play matches they don't want to on penalty of punishment.

I don't have a problem with bad players, they are in every Video game :). The reason why I gave up on randoms in 3v3/4v4 is simply that there are too many f*ckwits (afk players, early-leavers, teamkillers, rage-kids etc.) like he already mentioned
31 Jul 2016, 19:50 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2016, 19:36 PMPlaguer
Imo there's not that many leavers once you enter the higher ranks, this just requires a lot of games (and machosism :snfPeter: ). From the last 20 games or so i've had maybe 1-2 had leavers in them

There's always those bad apples in the mix, but that's just the reality of random teams

This is true and I also experienced it, the problem is it's not enough to be better than your rank to advance on random ladder. There is a place on 4v4 and 3v3 random ladder where you can't get higher unless you are able to take 2-3 opponents alone, its some kind of ladder hell or black hole.
This is coused by the fact that there is so many leavers (and people with potato computers), the result of a match mostly depends on how many people leave in first 5 minutes - that gives 50/50 chance of winning, right? No. You are also matched against people who play AT, which is stupid but this is how relic liked it. These people don't leave, meaning you will usually loose, even if you are better. People who stay in that part of ladders either start playing 1v1 or just get bored of that and leave the game. They are the ones who need help from the system proposed by OP.
31 Jul 2016, 19:54 PM

This is true and I also experienced it, the problem is it's not enough to be better than your rank to advance on random ladder. There is a place on 4v4 and 3v3 random ladder where you can't get higher unless you are able to take 2-3 opponents alone, its some kind of ladder hell or black hole.
This is coused by the fact that there is so many leavers (and people with potato computers), the result of a match mostly depends on how many people leave in first 5 minutes - that gives 50/50 chance of winning, right? No. You are also matched against people who play AT, which is stupid but this is how relic liked it. These people don't leave, meaning you will usually loose, even if you are better. People who stay in that part of ladders either start playing 1v1 or just get bored of that and leave the game. They are the ones who need help with from the system proposed by OP.

Exactly. I brought many friends in coh2 and 80% of them just uninstall, not about the game but meta-game.
31 Jul 2016, 19:55 PM

Yes, CoH2 desperately needs a 'leaver' penalty. I'd say a 10min auto-match cooldown with a 24hr window (leaving a 2nd game within 24hrs = 20 min, etc.). That said, it still needs to be handled the other teammates fairly; just because my random teammate left doesn't mean I deserve a loss. I'd say if a random teammate leaves, give him a loss and cooldown, but no penalty for other players on that team who leave (no cooldown or loss). The other team could still gain a win via normal means (winning, having the other team leave/surrender).

Obviously this wouldn't work for arranged teams, since 1 person could take the hit to save up to 3 people form a loss.

That said, an in-game report button for AFK and such would be nice.

No. The "dislike" feature has supposedly caused massive problems in games like 'Overwatch', where extremely skilled players have basically been soft-banned because of everyone 'disliking' them (they can't be matched with anyone). If that can happen with a massive game like that, it would be even worse with COH2's small community.
31 Jul 2016, 20:32 PM

No, no and no. Holding people hostage to the game as nothing to do with improving the game for everyone, it's just petty revenge mechanic.

I absolutely hate it that this is becoming a widespread request on videogames, this will just lead to a more toxic community.

EDIT: The system can't know if you dropped because of legit internet or PC problems and thus punishing innocent people who were just having bad luck is not fair.

31 Jul 2016, 20:59 PM
Donator 11

No, no and no. Holding people hostage to the game as nothing to do with improving the game for everyone, it's just petty revenge mechanic.

I absolutely hate it that this is becoming a widespread request on videogames, this will just lead to a more toxic community.

EDIT: The system can't know if you dropped because of legit internet or PC problems and thus punishing innocent people who were just having bad luck is not fair.

People should use stable computers and internet connections either way for their own good. By your logic we could also implement additional lag, just becouse some people are disadvantaged by playing on wireless connections that skyrocket their ping.
31 Jul 2016, 21:03 PM

Not really. The problem is that some players will quit based on very specific things; losing a unit very early on, having teammates disagree on their plan (which may actually be bad), or even because they don't like the map (yes, I've seen this happen). These types of players just aren't beneficial to the game's competitive community. If you want to play in a specific way, play custom games.

If it's really just a rare, random computer/connection problem, then a single ~10min cooldown won't be that bad. I've had it happen in other games (internet cut out once in a few months), and it's not that bad; it happens.

On the other hand, if you know you'll frequently run into problems (often dropping/crashing), they you may want to reconsider playing team-games. This might sound inconsiderate, as some people really can't fix the problem (can't afford a better computer, or the ISP is just bad), but I don't really think it's fair to have those problems consistently impact other players.
31 Jul 2016, 21:59 PM

Not really. The problem is that some players will quit based on very specific things; losing a unit very early on, having teammates disagree on their plan (which may actually be bad), or even because they don't like the map (yes, I've seen this happen). These types of players just aren't beneficial to the game's competitive community. If you want to play in a specific way, play custom games.

If it's really just a rare, random computer/connection problem, then a single ~10min cooldown won't be that bad. I've had it happen in other games (internet cut out once in a few months), and it's not that bad; it happens.

On the other hand, if you know you'll frequently run into problems (often dropping/crashing), they you may want to reconsider playing team-games. This might sound inconsiderate, as some people really can't fix the problem (can't afford a better computer, or the ISP is just bad), but I don't really think it's fair to have those problems consistently impact other players.

Maybe for you it's no problem to wait 10 minutes+ another 4 or 5 for the MM to get you a game again, but it will be for allot of people. Also the game itself crashing should i also consider not playing the team matches because the game is unstable and has server side problems?

People have put allot of money into this game and then they get screwed over like that? You must surely be joking.

Of course it's inconsiderate, the same way the whole premise of this topic is based on a very selfish sentiment.
31 Jul 2016, 22:02 PM

People should use stable computers and internet connections either way for their own good. By your logic we could also implement additional lag, just becouse some people are disadvantaged by playing on wireless connections that skyrocket their ping.

"People should use stable computers and internet connections either way for their own good."

Really baffled by the condescending attitude. The rest of your post is just a huge fallacy.
31 Jul 2016, 22:19 PM

Penalties need to be introduced for playing Brits. I am thinking of Gonnorhea. Or diarrhhea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★