Login

russian armor

(OKW Recon Pass)

23 Jul 2016, 12:53 PM

I don't see why that would be a bad thing considering cheap recon+stuka killing arty has been compplained about for years and this would go a little to making that harder.

And my point was supposed to that the german one was rediculously cheap, not the the US one was expensive. I wouldn't have any issue if it was 50 muni as that would be in line with the other recons, but 35 muni to see your opponents entire front line seems extremely cheap.

Recon + dive bomb combo wasnt complained becasue it is cheap, but becasue it kills arty without any issues (solver arty problem, not nerf recon+dive bomb).

As you already saw, no one has any problems with 35 recon except you.

Still, I wonder why you made a thread about 35ammo recon strafe, instead about free command vehicle loiter recon.
23 Jul 2016, 12:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I don't see why that would be a bad thing considering cheap recon+stuka killing arty has been compplained about for years and this would go a little to making that harder.

And my point was supposed to that the german one was rediculously cheap, not the the US one was expensive. I wouldn't have any issue if it was 50 muni as that would be in line with the other recons, but 35 muni to see your opponents entire front line seems extremely cheap.

a 15 muni cost increase to nerf late game dive bombs is peaches and cream.

And, well I really dont want to go into anymore of a debate so take this next part with a cup of salt but literally no one has tried the stuka dive bomb recon thing on me and succeeded in accomplishing much since well, cas got nerfed. And this is from someone that mains 2v2/2v2 usf.

Matter of fact its rare I even see the stuka dive bomb now, let alone for that purpose as its already really expensive(what gives you the idea 195 or more muni is cheap? You cant just spam munitions with those commanders anymore unless you drop the crates in the open) and the bomb doing damage itself relies on your opponent falling asleep or not wearing headphones. Yeah, SOMETIMES theres a sound bug and you dont know where it its coming from, but You should be beyond happy theyre using a sweep, thats a dead giveaway he's trying to divebomb you behind your lines. Otherwise just move your frontline stuff around..

My point overall is you're just being a slight bit biased towards allies, when its really not warranted this patch. So again I dont want to start a big huge wall of text debate, about the state of the game, I have no desire or time honestly. I just wanted to point out a flaw in your argument here,

Have a nice day
23 Jul 2016, 13:03 PM

Still, I wonder why you made a thread about 35ammo recon strafe, instead about free command vehicle loiter recon.
Because we've had that thread already.

God forbid we actually have a thread about something that isn't the usf mortar or buffing wher
23 Jul 2016, 13:58 PM

We have so many discussions about it, because- much in difference to the OKW recon sweep- USF Mortar's performance actually IS ridiculous and an issue in the game and should be looked at.
Or should I maybe start a thread about OST mortar not performing as good as the USF one even though it is just about the same model?!
23 Jul 2016, 14:20 PM

People in this thread seriously claim they lost games because a mediocre commander has an recon strafe which is 25 muni cheaper than the recon strafe of another mediocre commander.

You guys will argue about everything.
23 Jul 2016, 14:25 PM

Because we've had that thread already.

God forbid we actually have a thread about something that isn't the usf mortar or buffing wher
some one is
23 Jul 2016, 14:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

OMG Ostheer stuka smoke drop is a recon sweep AND smoke in one 40muni package!

USF HAS NO SMOKE IN THEIR RECON NURF NURF NURF

But for real, if you didn't know you can use the stuka smoke drop as recon. Pretty cool.
23 Jul 2016, 15:37 PM

Maybe the title is a tad bit dramatic, but still. It's a legitimate point.

Especially since the only counter argument in this thread seems to be "other things are OP too"
23 Jul 2016, 15:48 PM

Especially since the only counter argument in this thread seems to be "other things are OP too"

Its not an issue especially not 15 ammo you are being utterly ridiculous and you got what's coming to you. and thats how much input i want to give to this thread because i want it to die as quickly as possible.
23 Jul 2016, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2016, 15:48 PMZyllen

Its not an issue especially not 15 ammo you are being utterly ridiculous and you got what's coming to you. and thats how much input i want to give to this thread because i want it to die as quickly as possible.
Well then I must of hit a sore point, if talking about it troubles you that much.
23 Jul 2016, 15:51 PM

Actually IR is the best nondoc scout tool in game, since enemy has no clue you see his every move...

While the best doc belongs to 222 with scope.

I think i didnt say anything opposite. Topic starter rated being able to strike (CAS) immediately after recon to be OP. that is a somethink you can not do with IR-Ht because it just shows units in FOW

That 222 with vet2 and scope... If it would not be so easy to kill/loose it would be OP
23 Jul 2016, 16:04 PM

First off, you're trying to nerf OKW even further, which is retarded.

Second, I really lost faith in the belief that units and abilities should behave according to the costs. There's so many exceptions now that the rule does not seem to be in effect anymore.
23 Jul 2016, 16:51 PM

hilarious to see so much arguing about some 35muni recon strafe
23 Jul 2016, 19:05 PM

hilarious to see so much arguing about some 35muni recon strafe

I think it's not an argument but more like a show of disbelief at the egregious complaints of the op, which has people fired up.
23 Jul 2016, 19:21 PM

35munis for a shitty recon pass is fine its just that the same abilities in the Usf arsecrack doctrines are overpriced especially when they a single pass only you would expect a loiter at that cost.

Also as for the german smoke providing smoke + recon for 40 munis, im pretty sure that ability can only be used in revealed area, meaning that it will only provide sight of what you pretty much know already or have a good idea of.
23 Jul 2016, 23:10 PM

Omega you are losing your credibility more and more with all these allied biased rants. There is a reason problems such as USF mortar takes up a lot of space on The forums: it is a problem that breaks The game.

You should nuance your posts more. The allied biasness is too obvious
24 Jul 2016, 00:55 AM

Why is this thread so argumentative? Omega_Warrior bought up a pricing irregularity that, if not important, is still worth adjusting. Discussing whether the Recon Pass is under-priced or other recon abilities need to be adjusted is better than, for example, claiming a garrisoned 17-Pounder is a useful recon unit.

I'd prefer the costs of recon abilities to be increased across the board (adding costs to command vehicle loiters and Valentine lock-down, higher spotting scope and tank commander costs, etc.).
24 Jul 2016, 01:43 AM

jesus christ people will complain about EVERYTHING wont they

well then, in the same vein, relic pls the change the axis vehicle crew uniforms to be more gray like the volks' uniform, theyre too black and it triggers my OCD kthx
nee
24 Jul 2016, 02:36 AM

meh, recon pass for a faction that can just build IR halftrack.
24 Jul 2016, 02:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2016, 00:55 AMSvanh
Why is this thread so argumentative? Omega_Warrior bought up a pricing irregularity that, if not important, is still worth adjusting. Discussing whether the Recon Pass is under-priced or other recon abilities need to be adjusted is better than, for example, claiming a garrisoned 17-Pounder is a useful recon unit.

I'd prefer the costs of recon abilities to be increased across the board (adding costs to command vehicle loiters and Valentine lock-down, higher spotting scope and tank commander costs, etc.).

Because OKW is already the absolutely weakest faction, with overpriced, underperforming units. Curiously enough I never saw Omega Warrior complain about OKWs healing cost, or about the relative performance of OKW and other anti tank guns, or that a Maxim can a-move into an already set up MG 34 that is behind green cover and still win.

It's simply an unnecessary change, and not all abilities are priced the same, even if they have similar or identical abilities. The ability isn't even used often, and if it was changed, nobody would care, but the point is that you don't put weight on an already lame mule.

Also, some time ago there was a thread that compared the Valiant Assault ability with the Soviet For Mother Russia ability, which is, despite being priced the same, much much better than the OKW counterpart. The thread was shot down because OKW 'has better units'.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★