Login

russian armor

(OKW Recon Pass)

23 Jul 2016, 09:04 AM

Yeah, 35 for a recon is way too cheap. Especially on a Commander that can instaspawn Fallschirms to easily wipe stuff.

thanks for the nice strat right here LUL
23 Jul 2016, 09:05 AM

But Relic does not care :luvDerp:

its allied. its supposed to be like this!!!!!
23 Jul 2016, 09:09 AM

and how mutch dos OKW pay to get FRP? The exact same ability that the major gets for free...
23 Jul 2016, 09:36 AM

Ostheer scoutcar and halftrack has 15 muni ability that shows all units on map in wide area PogChamp OMG SO OP PANIC MODE. All factions have recon, should not be the same/ same price. USF m20 etc give extreme sight already.
23 Jul 2016, 09:56 AM

and how mutch dos OKW pay to get FRP? The exact same ability that the major gets for free...

Ooops. Suddenly the OP has gone very silent...
23 Jul 2016, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2016, 09:56 AMRappy

Ooops. Suddenly the OP has gone very silent...
Nope, just didn't think it was worth responding to considering the giant cannon and free AA okw gets with it's tech.

But that's just changing the subject and I'm not going to respond to every bad argument.
23 Jul 2016, 10:28 AM

Apparently I need to put out a PSA because no one seems to actually realize it exists.

USF HAS A DOCTRINAL SINGLE RECON STRAFE FOR 60 MUNITIONS AND 4 CP

I know it's in 2 of the worse commanders in the game, but come on guys

Different from CAS counterpart, Recon strafe target a single spot instead of a lane. So unless you are dumb enough you can avoid it easily simply by left click when red smoke is seen.
23 Jul 2016, 10:33 AM

Different from CAS counterpart, Recon strafe target a single spot instead of a lane. So unless you are dumb enough you can avoid it easily simply by left click when red smoke is seen.
Both can be aimed down a lane. Only difference is the USF one can see full 360 which pretty much means you get 1 more second of sight.

Really doesn't seem like that's worth double the price.
23 Jul 2016, 10:54 AM

its allied. its supposed to be like this!!!!!

Yup thats why brits have free doctrinal everlasting scoutplane on command vechicle. And some kind of non doc recon on every faction -> USF-Major-Recon, SOV-Mortar-Flare, UKF-17pdr-Flare
On the axis side OST has none and OKW has IR-truck (which just shows units meaning no artyparty or similar possible to use there, still a nuance when on allied side.)
23 Jul 2016, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2016, 10:54 AMJespe

Yup thats why brits have free doctrinal everlasting scoutplane on command vechicle. And some kind of non doc recon on every faction -> USF-Major-Recon, SOV-Mortar-Flare, UKF-17pdr-Flare
On the axis side OST has none and OKW has IR-truck (which just shows units meaning no artyparty or similar possible to use there, still a nuance when on allied side.)

Actually IR is the best nondoc scout tool in game, since enemy has no clue you see his every move...

While the best doc belongs to 222 with scope.
23 Jul 2016, 11:03 AM

Nope, just didn't think it was worth responding to considering the giant cannon and free AA okw gets with it's tech.

But that's just changing the subject and I'm not going to respond to every bad argument.

The FRP come with the medic truck, witch give you nothing for free.

cant see why its a bad argument, but handpick is ofcorse more fun.
23 Jul 2016, 11:04 AM

Actually IR is the best nondoc scout tool in game, since enemy has no clue you see his every move...

Yeah no clue whatsoever... except for the big fuck off flashing white aura around everything being spotted.
23 Jul 2016, 11:05 AM

This is the kind of thread that should be on the official forum, along with other threads like pios being overpowered. I'd argue that flare recon is a bit OP, but not the recon pass, especially not on that commander.
23 Jul 2016, 11:10 AM

Ok. So we were talking about features that both factions have that have different costs. Both have frp only one is free (and moveable) the other costs 300mp. Usf has no flak with their base so you can't talk about cost. Same way okw haven't figured out how to climb out of tanks and repair them, at any cost. This debate only makes sense if you are discussing parity of same or similar features.
23 Jul 2016, 11:13 AM

This is the kind of thread that should be on the official forum, along with other threads like pios being overpowered. I'd argue that flare recon is a bit OP, but not the recon pass, especially not on that commander.

I know man. Of all the actual imbalances in the game, this is what the op chooses to get worked up about.
23 Jul 2016, 11:59 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The Brit command vehicle must be just absolutely mind boggling OP LOL.

It LOITERS at 2 cp and comes with a op command vehicle bonus all for 75 mu!!!!!!

As if USF really needs any sort of early recon on top of all the shit they have now. It's actually ok for the recon flights to be asymmetrical too, ya know.

Really like imagine this. 2 Cp recon sweep with the best light vehicles, a mortar and riflemen smoke. What is actually going to consider stopping your army At that point...that literally counters everything axis..

USF is essentially the batshit one true faction right now. And not just because of the mortar. So can we please let OKW have their 2 cp recon pass in one shit doctrine that basically has bundle nade falls and this recon pass at least?

FYI OP, OSTHEER has the EXACT same recon pass at like 2CP too in CAS doctrines. Do you play ostheer though is the question?
23 Jul 2016, 12:11 PM

The Brit command vehicle must be just absolutely mind boggling OP LOL.

It LOITERS at 2 cp and comes with a op command vehicle bonus all for 75 mu!!!!!!

As if USF really needs any sort of early recon on top of all the shit they have now. It's actually ok for the recon flights to be asymmetrical too, ya know.

Really like imagine this. 2 Cp recon sweep with the best light vehicles, a mortar and riflemen smoke. What is actually going to consider stopping your army At that point...that literally counters everything axis..

USF is essentially the batshit one true faction right now. And not just because of the mortar. So can we please let OKW have their 2 cp recon pass in one shit doctrine that basically has bundle nade falls and this recon pass at least?

FYI OP, OSTHEER has the EXACT same recon pass at like 2CP too in CAS doctrines. Do you play ostheer though is the question?

First I never asked to buff USF, Second I do play ostheer but they have like 25 commanders and it's only in 1. I usually like to play the less popular ones and i forgot about it.

Other inbalances don't excuse this one. 35 is an extremely cheap and it's not like paying a normal price for recon is going to kill OKW.

I'm not the only one who thinks it's ridiculous price:

https://youtu.be/6E09IsI51WE?t=1164
23 Jul 2016, 12:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

First I never asked to buff USF, Second I do play ostheer but they have like 25 commanders and it's only in 1. I usually like to play the less popular ones and i forgot about it.

Other inbalances don't excuse this one. 35 is an extremely cheap and it's not like paying a normal price for recon is going to kill OKW.

I'm not the only one who thinks it's ridiculous price:

https://youtu.be/6E09IsI51WE?t=1164

Im assuming Machine didnt know ostheer had the same exact thing.

If we change the OKW one we'd literally have to change the ostheer one too, which also costs 35 munis, otherwise that would be just straight ANTI okw for no reason. what is with this reckless hate towards OKW?

I've literally never seen someone complain about a 2cp ostheer recon sweep or its cost, at least not for over a year since cas got nerfed in the first place.

So why is the OKW one triggering everyone now?

Its as if with this patch people never realized that there were already cheap 2cp recon sweeps already in the game. And theres nothing wrong with that on certain factions especially defensive faction as that is called asymmetry. OKW is ALOT less offensive oriented than USF nowadays, so is there really anything wrong with them having a recon sweep to maybe help find maxims to flank or something?

like, Its ok for okw to have a early recon sweep...i've never seen a game won by okw because of this sweep yet. Matter of fact people never use it because you need that 35 muni for your 35 muni fausts usually ;)

First I never asked to buff USF,

New OKW recon pass is 35 muni and 2cp

The same exact ability is on the major costs 50 and can't be fully controlled.

The USF doctrinal recon sweep which simply has a 360 degree view is almost double at 60 muni and 4cp

What do you mean by this then if you didnt ask for buffs? Nerf OKW one which indirectly buffs USF, or buff the USF sweeps to be like the OKW one, which is a buff?

Or is that just a really badly thought out opening post
23 Jul 2016, 12:38 PM

there a lot a lot of inconsistency between abilites and offmap across all faction
23 Jul 2016, 12:41 PM

If we change the OKW one we'd literally have to change the ostheer one too, which also costs 35 munis, otherwise that would be just straight ANTI okw for no reason. what is with this reckless hate towards OKW?

I don't see why that would be a bad thing considering cheap recon+stuka killing arty has been compplained about for years and this would go a little to making that harder.

And my point was supposed to that the german one was rediculously cheap, not the the US one was expensive. I wouldn't have any issue if it was 50 muni as that would be in line with the other recons, but 35 muni to see your opponents entire front line seems extremely cheap.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★