Login

russian armor

Why? :'(

20 Jul 2016, 19:42 PM

Don't worry, this is not a whine-thread.

(Re-posting what I already wrote yesterday in the shoutbox)

The Thing is, when old vCoH was like 1 or 2 years old, there were already people saying " ded gaem ", and what happened? The playerbase was pretty decent till coh2 came out, in order to switch over. CoH isn't dying anywhere, but there's always people saying it lol (why?)

Playerbase oscillation is normal, and there are WW 2 RTS fanboys out there, in those cases is CoH2 nearly the only possible choice. That's what people just dont get, the playerbase will never die

Currently, we have up to 10k Players online during the weekends (and it's summer atm in Europe/NA!), which is standard for CoH since many years, ALSO the Balance/Bug issues are at its best since the last patch (+ its Hotfixes :P) in my opinion.
20 Jul 2016, 19:52 PM

Relic is the only place to go for squad based strategy games, and they have a unique resource system. They are litearly the only place to go
20 Jul 2016, 20:00 PM

You know they're special when they post 'dead game' on a fansite for that specific game.
20 Jul 2016, 20:33 PM

The base isnt dead, its growing and there is plenty strategy games out there
20 Jul 2016, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 19:52 PMUnited
Relic is the only place to go for squad based strategy games, and they have a unique resource system. They are litearly the only place to go

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 20:00 PMGdot
You know they're special when they post 'dead game' on a fansite for that specific game.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 20:33 PMGenObi
The base isnt dead, its growing and there is plenty strategy games out there

:)
20 Jul 2016, 21:03 PM

Yeah, the average amount of players seems to be larger than in for example some parts of 2014. The game is NOT dying.
20 Jul 2016, 21:27 PM

Yep game is not dead. I still think we will probably get one more army for this game before it is all done.
20 Jul 2016, 21:52 PM

Try to play 1v1 dude and you will see this "alive" data players
2 years ago was completly different situaton then we see these days
20 Jul 2016, 21:55 PM

Just some people lost faith in good support for their beloved game thats why they say the game is dead. They have understood the game will never reach what it could be in right hands.
20 Jul 2016, 22:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The dead feel imo comes more from all the game breaking bugs, veterancy bug etc, and P2W Or OP units released in the past year, like mattress or advanced emplacement.

That stuff probably pissed off a LOT of people.

Coh2 despite that still has addicting gameplay... That's why it's even more frustrating..
20 Jul 2016, 22:17 PM

Also the amount of detail Relic put into Graphics, animation, physics, sound effects, destructible environment etc. is breathtaking. For me this actually is the true next generation game.

They get way too little credit for that
20 Jul 2016, 22:30 PM

CoH2 isn't dead, its just getting "slow"

like a clogged rain gutter, it still does its job, just that nice spring clean would make it much better.

You see other games that are near twice, triple, or quadruple the age of coh2 and coh that are still kicking fairly hard and still have a sizable community hard like Warcraft 3, Tf2, WoW, Starcraft, AoE2...

Even Age of Mythology is still somewhat alive, albeit due to the remaster.

Also I wish Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds was still alive though, best game ever 10/10 praise OOM-9.
20 Jul 2016, 22:47 PM

The dead feel imo comes more from all the game breaking bugs, veterancy bug etc, and P2W Or OP units released in the past year, like mattress or advanced emplacement.

That stuff probably pissed off a LOT of people.

Coh2 despite that still has addicting gameplay... That's why it's even more frustrating..

Yeah that's true :/

As soon as they nerfed the USF mortar, Relic FINALLY managed to kinda fix the problems of this game..... after 3 years lol. Imagine if this game would have been like this since the very beginning. This type of wasted potential is really frustrating you are right :(
21 Jul 2016, 00:46 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

I don't really post often but I wanted to jump in this discussion if I may.

People can have a different definition of "dead". To some it means the game lacks a reasonable capacity to progress or improve further. Which in this game, I personally find true. [ Stale metas, worst balanced maps out of any RTS game I've ever played, RNG being unreasonably powerful enough to spiral things out of control ]. For others it's just about numbers, " if the game has "X" many players then it can't possibly be dead" sort of argument. At the end of the day, the meaning of this statement depends on the person.

But let's make a few things clear. The numbers people often quote from steam charts count EVERY person that launches the game, it doesn't mean they are playing multiplayer against other users. In fact, a significant amount of them are doing campaign, case missions, ardennes assault, playing vs AI, also doing automatch with other players vs AI, working on mods, ETC. ETC. Another thing, 1v1 is most definitely dead. Just go to spectate and count of the number of matches at any given time. I would estimate there are no more than 200 UNIQUE players playing this game mode. This is pretty abysmal for a RTS game released in 2013 when you compare them to older games like WCIII, AoE, ETC. Higher player game modes are a little different because they require more people to create, so they do have considerably more players.

Let's examine another aspect. As others have pointed out, there is no comparable alternative to this game besides the older rendition of vCoH. This is the only RTS franchise with these unique mechanics. It's very sad to see that such a relatively easy to play RTS does so poorly, but perhaps that's more representative of the RTS genre as a whole.

Oh, and one more thing. I doubt the majority of people would play this game if it wasn't placed in the WWII historical setting. What else would allow people to endure such horrendous balancing and support if it weren't for the historical enthusiasts :P

my 2 cents. peace
21 Jul 2016, 01:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The game is not dead, although you shouldn't scrap the truth behind these 2 posts.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 21:52 PMFrost
Try to play 1v1 dude and you will see this "alive" data players
2 years ago was completly different situaton then we see these days

But let's make a few things clear. The numbers people often quote from steam charts count EVERY person that launches the game, it doesn't mean they are playing multiplayer against other users. In fact, a significant amount of them are doing campaign, case missions, ardennes assault, playing vs AI, also doing automatch with other players vs AI, working on mods, ETC. ETC. Another thing, 1v1 is most definitely dead. Just go to spectate and count of the number of matches at any given time. I would estimate there are no more than 200 UNIQUE players playing this game mode. This is pretty abysmal for a RTS game released in 2013 when you compare them to older games like WCIII, AoE, ETC. Higher player game modes are a little different because they require more people to create, so they do have considerably more players.

This is the only RTS franchise with these unique mechanics. It's very sad to see that such a relatively easy to play RTS does so poorly, but perhaps that's more representative of the RTS genre as a whole.

If anything, you could say that the RTS is in life support, if we compare it to 10/15 years ago. People want fast food games nowadays.
21 Jul 2016, 03:07 AM

Ha.

I just tryout a few games after the patch, realised all USF required to build 4-8 mortars, eating popcorns and donuts without micro until Pershing/Calliope, watching all Germans unit dying out there hopelessly.

How could Relic convince me continue playing this game of noobyness and shallowness?

I used to look forward that so called giant patch improving the game, and what do we get now? A giant piece of joke.
21 Jul 2016, 04:34 AM

If anything, you could say that the RTS is in life support, if we compare it to 10/15 years ago. People want fast food games nowadays.

This.

Besides Blobcraft there really isn't anything else out there. Need another popular RTS. Don't think it will be Dawn of War, hoping next year will bring opportunity for something special.

All we have is Relic. :new:
21 Jul 2016, 04:52 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 20:00 PMGdot

:D
21 Jul 2016, 05:27 AM

I know 6 guys personally that each played coh2 and gave up on it in less than 6 months because of bugs and balance issues. They're all playing league now.

If the bugs/balance were fixed and the game was made more intuitive, I'm sure the player base would drastically grow. Seriously, how many new players would tolerate mg spam (for example) their first 10 games and keep playing?
21 Jul 2016, 06:51 AM

The gaem isn't dead but I'm gonna be, because imagining how even greater the game could be, in hands of some competent dev team is almost killing me.
BTW where the hell is the "early week" patch?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★