Login

russian armor

Multiple Panzer Schwerer Problem

20 Jul 2016, 16:01 PM

Basically do exactly what Miragefla said.

The "problem" will go away the moment a real monetary cost becomes attached to the Schwerer flak cannon. OKW, as faction flavour, will still have the option to get access to popcap-free AA.

As Miragefla also suggested, the AA mechanics should be changed to accommodate a more consistent experience. For instance, the Soviet AA halftrack is probably worse at shooting planes down than the M20 utility car.
20 Jul 2016, 17:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 10:14 AMJespe

That is something more that a popcap or price issue for people not using the AAHt. Seriously by the time it takes to setup it is usually nearly killed by a single mortar.

So, you guys know that they prioritize ground units same as bofors? Meaning that you can bring tank in front of it and it shoots the tank like stupid when the plane(s) shoots/bombards something else.

Still again if OKW upgrade their base structures. Upgrades should be freed in a way that they could have 3 Shwere flaks or 3 Medical trucks or 3 repair trucks depending on what they might fancy.

Setup time doesn't stop it from being succesfully used as AA defence, especially behind the lines. The only reason it is not used in that role is the fact that AA is completely covered by buildings that every player builds anyway.
20 Jul 2016, 17:52 PM

A good balanced way would be to make Smoked Flaks unable to shoot at airplanes.

Smoke only stop them from shooting ground targets.
20 Jul 2016, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 17:52 PMzerocoh
A good balanced way would be to make Smoked Flaks unable to shoot at airplanes.

Smoke only stop them from shooting ground targets.

That really wouldn't change a lot and I suppose it's impossible to implement since there's no detection thing for Airplanes.
20 Jul 2016, 19:39 PM

And what if we only make schwerer HQ to attack ground units ???
20 Jul 2016, 20:50 PM

1-Replace flak base bunkers with normal MG bunkers
1.2-Replace Fortifications Flak emplacement with current Flak base bunkers.
1.3-Disable USF inside base extra MG bunkers

2-Rollback the medic changes on the Med HQ. Medics are free but now the Flak HQ requires an unlock.
2.2-Deploying the Flak HQ truck without AA cost 2/3 of it's current cost but only unlocks Obers + JPIV. Upgrading the Flak in order to get the AA capabilities cost 1/3 + current medic cost and unlocks PIV + PV. In order to get KT, Flak HQ needs to be upgraded once.

This is an interesting idea and I like it.

AA should never be free, for anyone, at anytime. You should need to invest into a unit to unlock AA.
nee
20 Jul 2016, 22:25 PM

I believe the biggest issue is that you (or actually Relic) can't really change the way the Schwere HQ operates, ie controlling it's flak gun- half the time I want it shooting those baddies coming over with bazookas rather than that air recon plane. Last I heard, this is a game engine issue because the truck is considered a building and not an emplacement or vehicle (hence some salvage units can't salvage HQ truck wrecks).

I think the easier fix is to just adjust it's anti-air firepower. Given the strafes and the speed of allied airstrikes, I don't find the HQ truck's flak gun very useful against them, not unless it's a loiter, and that's only when it's not engaging ground targets, which clearly holds a greater priority in most cases.

21 Jul 2016, 05:48 AM

Setup time doesn't stop it from being succesfully used as AA defence, especially behind the lines. The only reason it is not used in that role is the fact that AA is completely covered by buildings that every player builds anyway.

No seriously FlakHT is not build because its plain useless. There are tier-0 counters to it. Only Job it could do is shoot down planes and for that i would never use popcap, MP, fuel or Munitions to MAYBE (rly big maybe) shoot down strafing plane i could just easily dodge.
Yeah there are scout planes... But then again there are flares i cant shoot down those either...

Remove the Schwere HQ altogether make it an Tier-upgrade on the first truck. Buff AA-Ht from useless to equal to USF AA-Ht level. And let the OKW build AA encamplacements equal to bofors.
21 Jul 2016, 17:30 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2016, 05:48 AMJespe

No seriously FlakHT is not build because its plain useless. There are tier-0 counters to it. Only Job it could do is shoot down planes and for that i would never use popcap, MP, fuel or Munitions to MAYBE (rly big maybe) shoot down strafing plane i could just easily dodge.
Yeah there are scout planes... But then again there are flares i cant shoot down those either...

Remove the Schwere HQ altogether make it an Tier-upgrade on the first truck. Buff AA-Ht from useless to equal to USF AA-Ht level. And let the OKW build AA encamplacements equal to bofors.

So you wouldn't buy cheap and effective AA vehicle if you didn't have any other AA and your opponent spammed loiter planes, recon planes or fuel drops? I would even if all it did was the AA.

Btw, no AA in game is effective against strafes, that's exactly why they are so easy to dodge.
21 Jul 2016, 18:02 PM

So you wouldn't buy cheap and effective AA vehicle if you didn't have any other AA and your opponent spammed loiter planes, recon planes or fuel drops? I would even if all it did was the AA.

Btw, no AA in game is effective against strafes, that's exactly why they are so easy to dodge.

Dont even reply to him. He clearly has no idea how huge advantage AA units* give you in late game, especially vs OST with JU-87 loiter.

*Unless it's a Quad which cannot take down planes or it's OST fuel/ammo drop which is immortal :foreveralone:
21 Jul 2016, 18:09 PM
Donator 11

Dont even reply to him. He clearly has no idea how huge advantage AA units* give you in late game, especially vs OST with JU-87 loiter.

*Unless it's a Quad which cannot take down planes or it's OST fuel/ammo drop which is immortal :foreveralone:

The quad is just a suppression platform while IS-2 and ISU-152 are real AA units for soviets :D
21 Jul 2016, 20:46 PM

The quad is just a suppression platform while IS-2 and ISU-152 are real AA units for soviets :D

and M4C sherman top gunner
22 Jul 2016, 07:35 AM

1-Replace flak base bunkers with normal MG bunkers
1.2-Replace Fortifications Flak emplacement with current Flak base bunkers.
1.3-Disable USF inside base extra MG bunkers

2-Rollback the medic changes on the Med HQ. Medics are free but now the Flak HQ requires an unlock.
2.2-Deploying the Flak HQ truck without AA cost 2/3 of it's current cost but only unlocks Obers + JPIV. Upgrading the Flak in order to get the AA capabilities cost 1/3 + current medic cost and unlocks PIV + PV. In order to get KT, Flak HQ needs to be upgraded once.

:clap: +1

Yeah i don't because the aerial things that i would like to shoot down are usually free or unshootable, rest can be dodged...
Seriously how badly can a strike that manifest itself as huge red/yellow circle on the map hit you?

Haven't got hit by loiter after the rear armor chance so it might have changed, but if its advantageous or better that some other docs i think it would have been used more, haven't played against if for ages.
22 Jul 2016, 07:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2016, 07:35 AMJespe

:clap: +1

Yeah i don't because the aerial things that i would like to shoot down are usually free or unshootable, rest can be dodged...
Seriously how badly can a strike that manifest itself as huge red/yellow circle on the map hit you?

Haven't got hit by loiter after the rear armor chance so it might have changed, but if its advantageous or better that some other docs i think it would have been used more, haven't played against if for ages.

Please, tell me which are free and which are unstoppable (excluding strafes, since they are easy to dodge).

Yea, damn shallow answer.
It's not only about leaving the circle. It's much more. What if you hit a mine? What is enem snares you? What if pathing kills you? What if your ISU is so slow that it can't escape? What if you are short of VPs, need to catch VP buy loiter is still on the air and prevents you from this?
22 Jul 2016, 08:25 AM

It's much more.

Yeah it much more and its called combined arms. And this OFF TOPIC ends now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★