Login

russian armor

What does 'flame damage normalized' actually mean?

20 Jul 2016, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 04:56 AMspajn

croc can switch to a normal gun for AT aswell, it shows you don't even play the game. What ex-communist country are you from btw?

+1
20 Jul 2016, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 19:00 PMKatitof

Wrong, the best thing against it is a pair of StuGs which will make it their bitch in seconds.

It doesn't have much armor, but HP, you don't need high penetration, but rate of fire against it.

To think almost one year people would learn that RoF>penetration vs low armor high health units....

The advantage the JT and Elefant have is they eliminate the croc from damaging your units through it's range. And also Stug and JT require about the same time to kill a Crocodile.

But I agree, especially as OKW Stugs are choice #1.

20 Jul 2016, 22:41 PM

Actually, since the main subject of this thread is the Crocodile, what would you guys think of the following change:

1. Retain only one flame weapon for the Crocodile (but buff it a bit, so that it performs like the KV-8)
2. Make the main cannon controllable by the player using a toggle ability

- By default, when issuing an attack command both the flamethrower and the cannon will pick up the command and fire (right click / attack ground). If necessary, the crocodile will reorient itself so that the flamethrower can fight
- When the toggle ability is active only the cannon will follow attack commands. The flamethrower will try to pick off any targets lying in front of it (like a hull MG). However, right-clicking will not force the tank to face the target. This should make it easier to use the Churchill to engage vehicles. For CoH1 veterans, this will make the CoH2 crocodile behave exactly like the CoH1 crocodile.

(Currently, when issuing an attack command, only the flamethrower picks up the attack command (and forces the tank to reorient as necessary). It is not possible to issue attack commands to the main cannon)

I have managed to implement the toggle functionality, and it seems to be bug free. What would you guys say I shared this with Relic?
20 Jul 2016, 23:19 PM

I don't think the croc 's main flame thrower needs a buff, even after you remove the secondary flamer.

the 75mm main is still there. It's significantly weaker than the cromwell's gun but still okay against infantry.
21 Jul 2016, 14:35 PM

KV-8 need buff, hetzer is crap. Croc is fine, burns out huge masses of infantry easily.
21 Jul 2016, 14:38 PM

Last time they "normalized" they just gardened down really cool stuff, so i guess its going to happen again
21 Jul 2016, 14:41 PM

Croc with 2-3 AT Guns behind is just best yolo-nobrain strat currently.

Unless you have JT/Ele, you're gonna struggle really much.
22 Jul 2016, 04:10 AM

Actually, since the main subject of this thread is the Crocodile, what would you guys think of the following change:

1. Retain only one flame weapon for the Crocodile (but buff it a bit, so that it performs like the KV-8)
2. Make the main cannon controllable by the player using a toggle ability

- By default, when issuing an attack command both the flamethrower and the cannon will pick up the command and fire (right click / attack ground). If necessary, the crocodile will reorient itself so that the flamethrower can fight
- When the toggle ability is active only the cannon will follow attack commands. The flamethrower will try to pick off any targets lying in front of it (like a hull MG). However, right-clicking will not force the tank to face the target. This should make it easier to use the Churchill to engage vehicles. For CoH1 veterans, this will make the CoH2 crocodile behave exactly like the CoH1 crocodile.

(Currently, when issuing an attack command, only the flamethrower picks up the attack command (and forces the tank to reorient as necessary). It is not possible to issue attack commands to the main cannon)

I have managed to implement the toggle functionality, and it seems to be bug free. What would you guys say I shared this with Relic?

Regardless of any changes to the Croc's flamethrowers, your suggestion is much better than what we currently have from a micro standpoint. Go for it! :)
22 Jul 2016, 07:45 AM

"Flamedamage normalized" means Relic officially confirmed that every flamer vehicle that s*cks at the moment, will remain garbage for a while..

No love for hetzer and KV8
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS