Login

russian armor

on the ptrs

16 Jul 2016, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2016, 12:10 PMpigsoup

i think 27 is for only agaist inf. isnt vehicle damage like 40? not great but anyway.

ptrs dont miss though... if i am correct. so i think that can be the argument for its aim time. i really do not think PTRS should be more effective against heavier vehicles.
wasn't vs inf only 10-17 ? 40 is still not very much 2 pen hit = 80 damage with 85 pen wich is not soo bad but the take aim and cd combined are too much I think it take less for a bazoka to fire another volley
16 Jul 2016, 17:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's definitely 27 vs. infantry.
16 Jul 2016, 18:34 PM

I already talked about it in another thread, but people just said I was a fool.

PTRS is useless crap.
Button costs too much for what it does.

They need to either reduce the reload time or buff the pen so that it akes 8 shots to kill a Luchs instead of 12 ( 12 is fucking ridiculous).
Right now Guards aren't really a threat to light tanks by themselves.

Guards are supposed to be "light anti tank support", but they don't do shit unless you snare the vehicle before.
And that's the problem, soviets right now they are too reliant on support.

If I drive a light tank (even a stuart) to a volk or gren squad, even they can scare it away alone because of panzer faust.
PTRS doesn't even snipe enemies as before (which imo worked as it should since it's also an anti-inf weapon)

As for button, if they deem it works as intended, it should at least get a cost reduction, because 75 ammo lmg upgrade+ 40 for each button, really relic?
It doesn't even disable tank's main gun.
16 Jul 2016, 18:35 PM

Fun fact, the Soviet PTRS and PDRS are actually copied from a Finnish weapon, .

Nope, Wrong, it was the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wz._35_anti-tank_rifle that they got the idea from.
16 Jul 2016, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2016, 17:19 PMVuther
It's definitely 27 vs. infantry.

27 vs inf
40 vs armor
bonus of 13 always deals damage, giving PTRS "deflection damage" which actually makes it somewhat relevant vs meds.
16 Jul 2016, 19:06 PM

Vet3 guards are actual a threat to Medium tanks and even heavy tanks IF(and that is a big if) they can stand and shoot, PTRS is a good weapon as long as you keep firing it. 2 guards can deal pretty good damage even against a KT if they keep shooting in the back it just take too long because of aim/reload times.

IMO guards are fine as they are, changing them will make they either useless or OP.

*OBS: button REALLY need some love, some massive reducion in cost would be welcome.
16 Jul 2016, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2016, 19:06 PMzerocoh
Vet3 guards are actual a threat to Medium tanks and even heavy tanks IF(and that is a big if) they can stand and shoot, PTRS is a good weapon as long as you keep firing it. 2 guards can deal pretty good damage even against a KT if they keep shooting in the back it just take too long because of aim/reload times.

IMO guards are fine as they are, changing them will make they either useless or OP.

*OBS: button REALLY need some love, some massive reducion in cost would be welcome.

If you are supposed to be fielding multiple guards and blob them, they they shouldn't be so expensive to reinforce.
And button being cancelled by smoke, this is a joke.
Button = disable smoke.
16 Jul 2016, 20:35 PM

1. PTRS to...

1.1 Penals;

1.2 Cons (Better second, since Penals are hard AI, Cons will be light AT support);

2. PTRS Guards out, Leased M9s in.

3. ???

4. Balanced soviet infantry!!!

*puke*
16 Jul 2016, 23:18 PM

from my knowledge the ptrs are different what I'm talking about is the take aim time and the button ability

Different? If you mean different from the Boys AT rifle and the German Panzerbusche then yes, a bit, if you mean from the Polish variant, then no, it was entirely copied, like the PPSh, by MissCommissar's "glorious" Soviets.

Nope, Wrong, it was the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wz._35_anti-tank_rifle that they got the idea from.

Ah, thought it was Polish, whatever, still copied.
16 Jul 2016, 23:31 PM

Different? If you mean different from the Boys AT rifle and the German Panzerbusche then yes, a bit, if you mean from the Polish variant, then no, it was entirely copied, like the PPSh, by MissCommissar's "glorious" Soviets.

the guard PTRS and conscript PTRS uses different game file with different performance.

the conscript PTRS is a lot worst.
16 Jul 2016, 23:49 PM

Ah, thought it was Polish, whatever, still copied.
I meant boys at rifle and conscripts
Still need better aim time , cool down and fix button ability to good lvl or another upgrade for guard to get 2 other ptrs for guard for 100 mun
17 Jul 2016, 01:35 AM

the guard PTRS and conscript PTRS uses different game file with different performance.

the conscript PTRS is a lot worst.

If you cared to read my first comment more carefully you would have already seen that I already mentioned that they have to be the same entity since they're useless on the cons.

I meant boys at rifle and conscripts
Still need better aim time , cool down and fix button ability to good lvl or another upgrade for guard to get 2 other ptrs for guard for 100 mun

I haven't seen anyone even use that lol, I was dumb enough to try it once and bought it right after or when it was on sale, something like that I'm not sure, and all that to support Relic... what a dumbfuck I was back then, blind and believing that Relic actually won't fuck this up and keep on milking the cow...
17 Jul 2016, 01:38 AM

17 Jul 2016, 04:16 AM

Just a little note, the PTRS is not only used by Guards but by Cons from the Tank Hunter tactics commander as well, but buffing it would mean you would also need to buff the German and British equivalents to the same levels so it's fair to everybody SINCE they're basically the same thing, all are mostly firing a .55 cal round.

If you cared to read my first comment more carefully you would have already seen that I already mentioned that they have to be the same entity since they're useless on the cons.

except the upgrade on the conscript do give them a different PTRS entity than the guards.

they used to give the same PTRS, but was made separate since it was too powerful on the conscript.
17 Jul 2016, 04:38 AM

PTRS has a 2 second Fire Aim Time. It should be changed to 0.625 to be on par with every other AT weapon (Bazooka, Panzershrek etc all have 0.625 aim time).

Recently All AT weapons (minus PTRS) received a 25% damage penalty for infantry. I would propose giving a similar penalty to PTRS (say 50% or whatever magical number) and then lowering the aim time of PTRS to 0.625 like every other weapon. This should keep its infantry potential roughly the same while helping it out greatly vs vehicles.
17 Jul 2016, 07:25 AM

Why are we making Guards better? Shock troops already see minimal play, we don't need to make Guards the 100% better call in.
17 Jul 2016, 08:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 07:25 AMUnited
Why are we making Guards better? Shock troops already see minimal play, we don't need to make Guards the 100% better call in.

According to price, Guards should be ultimate squad.

390MP + 75ammo. Only Obers are similar to Gurd with 400MP + 60ammo.

Yet I hardly call Guards the best ling range infantry.
17 Jul 2016, 09:46 AM

According to price, Guards should be ultimate squad.

390MP + 75ammo. Only Obers are similar to Gurd with 400MP + 60ammo.

Yet I hardly call Guards the best ling range infantry.
....... They cost 330 ........
17 Jul 2016, 09:46 AM

except the upgrade on the conscript do give them a different PTRS entity than the guards.

they used to give the same PTRS, but was made separate since it was too powerful on the conscript.

The reason it was too powerful in the first place was removed long time ago, it was 40 dmg on inf and it destroyed team weapons.

Con ptrs went on Relics traditional balance roller-coaster, from top, to the very bottom, because fuck small adjustments, huge revamps FTW, what can go wrong?
17 Jul 2016, 09:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 07:25 AMUnited
we are not making them better at anti inf we are just trying to fix their at role losing vs luch while using button in cover should not happen
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★