Login

russian armor

1v1 versus UKF

12 Jul 2016, 09:47 AM

So I struggle as OKW in 1v1 games against Brits.

I feel like vs SU or USF I know what I should do and if I lose I know I executed my tactic in a bad way or chose a bad one, but Brits are different story.

For example, I was matched 3 times agasint guy named Q^ (or something like this) and he stomped me 3 times. What I struggled most were IS with brens.

Once they get behind green cover, Volks are just vet feeders.
So I guess I should get some ISGs to push them out of cover but:

A: ISGs getting countered by Pit
B: Land Mattress completly wrecks them
C: No Puma or Luchs

In other words, when I feel I'm winning I usually go for Luchs to seal the deal, but when the game is kinda equal or a bit in faour of my enemy I have no idea what to do as OKW since every idea is hard countered by Pits/Mattress and then rushed AEC agasint my poor raketen.

What do you do agasint IS with bren behind cover supported with vickers? How do you push them out of cover? And how do you stay in game when IS and Vickers are supported by Pit and AEC?

Somehow I feel that OST is in a bit better spot agasint UKF than OKW.
12 Jul 2016, 10:59 AM

Well Wehrmacht does have an easier time thanks to primarily to their sniper and how they can more easily get their tanks out

You will need to build a kubel or 2 in the early game and use it to push infantry sections in cover so your Sturmpioneers and Volksgrenadiers can attack them without getting attacked back, kubels can also fight his infantry without bleeding you manpower

I like to build 4 Volks into Mechanised so I have more infantry to overwhelm a Brit player with but thats personal perference I like to try and overwhelm

If he buys a Bren Carrier just buy a Raketen to keep it out of the fight, it will be useful later on into the game anyways

Its important to be aggressive in the early game and not let him take ground try to force the Brit player to set up in his cut off or something, you want to control more than half the map not go 50/50 against Brits as OKW as you want to rush out your lights and slow down his

You always need to go mechanised in my opinion and get a luchs out no matter what vs Brits and abuse the fact that they dont have any AT snares

The only thing you should be scared of for your luchs is an AEC and either buy a Raketen or Puma, Puma will continue to stay useful if you keep it alive and vetted, he will eventually have Cromwells out as it can continue to damage them efficiently

Now I dont know about Scavenge Doctrine I dont really like the Raketen + Ostwinds build but you should keep a commander with call in tanks in your load out incase you cant get your Schwerer up and buy a medium, Special Operations for Command Panther is good as it will buff your light vehicles and Mark Target will often even the fight with your light vehicles and his mediums if you're behind

If he builds any emplacements focus your forces everywhere else except the area its built in, he is sacrificing map control and your forces should outnumber his at other locations of the map, dont attack it unless you pushed everything else off the field somehow or you have a tank with alot of fire power to back it up to burst down the emplacement ( Remember Try to make it to waste its brace before attacking it )

For Land Mattress you just gotta stay mobile I learnt the hard way myself what it can do to a team weapon heavy army

So to sum it up
- Never fight an even battle in infantry fights
- Push Infantry Sections with Kubel in the Early game or bleed him with it, even if this means another unit has to take up capping duties
- Abuse the fact he doesnt have AT snares and go heavy with light vehicles
- Counter the AEC with a Puma if you dont want to rely on the Raketen
- Have an insurance policy ( Call-in Tanks )
- Have your army be mobile
- Be aggressive

This is just from my experiences from 1v1 and what I did to Brits as OKW and what they did to me, the problem I find that OKW has right now is their tanks being so expensive
12 Jul 2016, 11:51 AM

Get a luch and force him into buying counters rather than IS upgrades. Don't go Med truck vs brits.

Really vs OKW that is my biggest fear as a good Luch player can wrestle map control. Considering you has faust+buffed rakketen now the AEC is not as strong as it used to be.

StG volks+Incediary nades will wipe the floor with vanilla IS, and affording brens+5man upgrade is hard when you already spunked fuel+mp for an AEC
12 Jul 2016, 12:01 PM

That migh explain why he stomped me 3 times, since I went 3 times for Med HQ for ISGs...
15 Jul 2016, 16:09 PM

Isgs actually are pretty good in the right scenario, but I usually go for 2 if I get them at all. 2 will pressure emplacements forcefully and deal with upgraded Tommies and mgs that love to hug their sandbags.

Just be adaptable, cause Brit AC rushes can uproot your isg campsite quickly
15 Jul 2016, 17:47 PM

Also the early game will critically set the pace for this matchup. You have to gauge whether you will have the reliable fuel income for luchs rush, go leigs to whittle down his sim city, or set up your own pseudo Brit army with lmg 34s and just try to outnumber him in engagements and use your advantage of accessible grenades and Faust's.

Back to your problem with IS and combined arms, outside of what was already mentioned, you have to find a way to pull off effective assaults, which is not an easy tactic to describe in the time I have ATM.
Sometimes I will pay closer attention to getting munitions in the early mid game because these are what allow you to push through in engagements like you describe.
15 Jul 2016, 20:35 PM
Patrion 14

Against UKF I always go for light vehicle spam. Usually puma ->luchs -> optional puma later. The lack of snares for British infantry let's you run amok with them, and the puma will beat the aec 10/10 times of you use your range advantage and play around your own snares/ at.

I also invest in Goliath doctrine, because of the great defensive buff provided by for the fatherland, the ambush squad wipes by the goliath, and the free recon.

Just remember to use as much green cover to your advantage as you can, and destroy the rest.
6 Aug 2016, 23:28 PM

This will sound like a stupid question, but how do you survive without getting a medtruck? I've played like 10 games as okw so please be nice :)
8 Aug 2016, 12:04 PM

This will sound like a stupid question, but how do you survive without getting a medtruck? I've played like 10 games as okw so please be nice :)

Probably Sturmpio vet 1 medcrates and volks/obers vet 3 passive self-healing.
8 Aug 2016, 12:44 PM

Also Fortification Doctrine against UK is amazing, Brit got sux indirect fire so if you can find a spot for your Pak 43 + Schewer combo, that whole area is locked down, LefH hardcounters mortar pit and being way back in your territory means LM can only decrew it at most, you only have to fear concentrated barrage but using that commander means you just spam Volk with Mp-44 than goes Command Panther + Jpz IV it will melt his croc in no time.
8 Aug 2016, 18:25 PM

okw doesnt have certain counter vs alies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 53
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment