Login

russian armor

Maxim HMG - Unreasonably overnerfed

8 Jul 2016, 20:56 PM

PGrens are terminators? P4 great for offensive playstyle? Panther awesome for offensive flanking? Excuse me, but ...

Really, go play either vCoH since you prefer it, or play with another faction than USSR.

I didn't say, that PGrens are terminators, I said they may be, if you use arty officier buff. That thing really improves them hard. In general, Ostheer infantry is pretty weak, but I think, it's kinda balancing issue for their tankpower.

Panther is awesome for all kinds of offensive actions because of:

1. Tough armor;
2. High speed and acceleration;
3. Pretty good range of main gun + power of that.

So, I don't know, what do you laughing here about? About your own low gaming experience?

9 Jul 2016, 02:17 AM

I say return it to the old setup time and price. MG42 can beat it in any fight now that it's setup time is so damn slow.

And it's performance does not in any way warrant 260 MP. A useless ''sprint'' ability while 42 gets AP.
9 Jul 2016, 02:22 AM

Panther is awesome for all kinds of offensive actions because of:

1. Tough armor;
2. High speed and acceleration;
3. Pretty good range of main gun + power of that.

Not really, when compared to similar counterparts. The Sherman Easy Eight, Comet, and possibly the T-34/85 are better for offensive plays. The Panther has the worst accuracy on the move. It's also is terrible against infantry since the main gun doesn't have the splash damage of the Panzer IV.

It fits Ostheer's defensive style, because of passive abilities like hulldown it sort of acts like a 360 anti-tank. Yes, it has blitzkrieg, but its only use is to get out of tough situations and on some ocassions hunt down damaged vehicles.
9 Jul 2016, 04:44 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I say return it to the old setup time and price. MG42 can beat it in any fight now that it's setup time is so damn slow.

False, a Maxim can be suppressed but still suppress a 42 and unless the Maxim is completely in the open or barring gunner deaths, the MG 42 will generally reach the pin state first as the cooldown penalties hit the 42 harder as the Maxim has shorter cooldowns between bursts.
9 Jul 2016, 04:53 AM

False, a Maxim can be suppressed but still suppress a 42 and unless the Maxim is completely in the open or barring gunner deaths, the MG 42 will generally reach the pin state first as the cooldown penalties hit the 42 harder as the Maxim has shorter cooldowns between bursts.

Maxim can't supress big blobs, unless they don't stand right nearby each other. Same MG-42 can catch with supression unit, which is even not under fire and out of fireing range, but stay a bit close to target under fire. That's what I call "Crowd control".

Ability to cause supression under supression is also not that relevant thing. Such as 6-men or whatever else funservice.
9 Jul 2016, 05:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I thought it was more because of the reload penalty, because the MG 42 will take like 24 seconds to reload with suppression penalties while the Maxim's will be 16 and thereby give the Maxim time to shake off being suppressed or even pinned - so they can be around equal for most of the firefight, but once the 42 reloads, the Maxim will probably get the suppression lead from all of the 42's deadtime.
9 Jul 2016, 05:39 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2016, 05:13 AMVuther

I thought it was more because of the reload penalty, because the MG 42 will take like 24 seconds to reload with suppression penalties while the Maxim's will be 16 and thereby give the Maxim time to shake off being suppressed or even pinned - so they can be around equal for most of the firefight, but once the 42 reloads, the Maxim will probably get the suppression lead from all of the 42's deadtime.

MG 42 gets 4x reload and 4x cooldown when suppressed.
9 Jul 2016, 11:31 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Notice how successful VonIvan is playing with maxims still? Especially since the grenade range reduction and the changes to help reduce the death loop.

Maybe you need to change your approach or practice more.
9 Jul 2016, 11:48 AM

Notice how successful VonIvan is playing with maxims still? Especially since the grenade range reduction and the changes to help reduce the death loop.

Maybe you need to change your approach or practice more.

Well, he maybe playing succesful with them now but again, I already used that example with 2 soldiers. You giving to 1 soldier normal combat rifle, well designed for killing, and other gets dildo, which is... less designed for killing but if you can "adapt" and use your creativity - still may be deadly. And when second asks "what a hell, how should I kill soldier with rifle with that?", he getting answer "theoreticaly, it's also maybe used for killing, it's not designed for that, but we don't care, they both can kill, they are balanced. More difficult to use it - adapt, L2P".

So - people, who using Maxims "good" and calling that "good HMG", are actually people with dildos instead of normal weapon, which adapted and learnt how to use it as weapon. More than that - they started to belive, that it is actually good weapon. While "rifle soldiers" don't need to adapt or learn or do something at all - just put teh button. Of course, it sign of their great skill and good gaming abilities, that they learnt how to use such shitty weapon good, but... does it make those 2 theoretical soldiers equial (balanced) with each other? No. They have different starting conditions, which balances after by skill of players, not by game mechanic itself.
9 Jul 2016, 13:00 PM

So - people, who using Maxims "good" and calling that "good HMG", are actually people with dildos instead of normal weapon, which adapted and learnt how to use it as weapon. More than that - they started to belive, that it is actually good weapon.
[...]

A good approach to persuade people into your point of view. Keep it up!

Now, seriously - why don't you just play other faction if you don't like Soviet units THAT much?
9 Jul 2016, 13:07 PM

Maxim is actually most OP MG in game, not because it pins best and deals decent damage, but because it can be used anywhere, anytime and it's god damn hard to kill because 6 man squad. Maxim in building counters other MG in building, if enemy approach with flamers, it can leave building in like 2 seconds while all other MG's takes like 5 seconds to do that, in previous patch reinforce for basic maxim team was 15 per model which is 50% of 1 gren, they could be spammed like hell, 6 maxims were standard and still you had good MP income.

Comparing to other MG's in game i can say that Maxim is best right after Dshka (which is doctrinal unit but still) while i think MG34 is the worst so far (very low damage which results in low vets) and then MG34
9 Jul 2016, 23:29 PM
Donator 11

Maxim is useless now, too expensive for its performance, firing arc is a joke and setup time is way to prolonged, trash unit
9 Jul 2016, 23:52 PM

Maxim is useless now, too expensive for its performance, firing arc is a joke and setup time is way to prolonged, trash unit

Go back to your cave troll
10 Jul 2016, 00:14 AM

Maxim got three buffs:

1. Comes from the building, so earlier on the field.

2. No more death loop, due to gunner prioritize fix

3. Nade range nerf when suppressed

Get a load of that boizz
10 Jul 2016, 09:05 AM

maxims are not bad tbh
10 Jul 2016, 09:25 AM

Maxims are in a great spot, no need to change them now.
10 Jul 2016, 10:17 AM

Maxim got three buffs:

1. Comes from the building, so earlier on the field.

2. No more death loop, due to gunner prioritize fix

3. Nade range nerf when suppressed

Get a load of that boizz

Still get deathlooped by incendiary weaponry.
10 Jul 2016, 11:28 AM

Try retreating sooner.... problem solved...
10 Jul 2016, 11:32 AM

Try retreating sooner.... problem solved...
\

Yea, when you see enemy coming - instantly press T! 100%, you won't lose your unit in that case :D
10 Jul 2016, 12:31 PM

But not anymore by firing squads. Its not like ostheer that loses 3 mg42 models to one USF mortar hit and then lose the mg to small arms fire.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 26
Germany 7
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %