Login

russian armor

T34 ram

7 Jul 2016, 14:58 PM

So I was searching around some stats when I found that the t34 ram is really up :
Has pen value of the gun
Does 160 damage and destroy engine in pen ( the other critical have like 2-3% chance)
If deflect it deal 80 damage and crew shock
But:
T34 is immobilized and has destroyed gun

I think the damage should be buffed to 320 on pen and 160 on deflect after all you litteraly lose a tank when you use this ability unless the enemy has no support
And the enemy can still shoot the t 34

Or

Remove the destroyed engine and destroyed gun but put crew shock and engine overheat instead
7 Jul 2016, 15:15 PM

Right it suck but its probably t34s main source of AT damage :D
7 Jul 2016, 15:19 PM

Well you deal 160 damage if it pen ....... When you could just flank a tank and still deal 160
    7 Jul 2016, 15:30 PM

2 x Ram pens = dead Pz.IV?
    7 Jul 2016, 15:32 PM

2 x Ram pens = dead Pz.IV?
    but you still lose 2 t34
    7 Jul 2016, 15:35 PM

What they should do is make it less punishing on the T34

T34 on ram should get the following instead of destroyed gun and no more engine:

-Lose 100 HP
    -Crew Stun for 10 seconds
    -Gun Jammed for 17 seconds
    -Heavy Engine Damage
    7 Jul 2016, 15:36 PM
    Senior Moderator Badge

but you still lose 2 t34

While true from a cost-efficiency standpoint, I can still see his point of a PIV showing its face to promptly be rammed to death by two T-34s to probably be an absolutely infuriating experience. Also, it dips into the whole thing with why the Not One Step Back commander didn't release, being contrary to the general sense of unit preservation to the game.
    7 Jul 2016, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 15:36 PMVuther

While true from a cost-efficiency standpoint, I can still see his point of a PIV showing its face to promptly be rammed to death by two T-34s to probably be an absolutely infuriating experience. Also, it dips into the whole thing with why the Not One Step Back commander didn't release, being contrary to the general sense of unit preservation to the game.
    but so what the point of ram there is litteraly no advantage the Stuart can do engine damage to all tank for mun and has 1000 pen
    7 Jul 2016, 15:48 PM
    Senior Moderator Badge

but so what the point of ram there is litteraly no advantage the Stuart can do engine damage to all tank for mun and has 1000 pen

Well I mean Stuart almost never gets to do that and survive without totally wrecking the other player already either so it's basically the same thing :snfQuinn:
    7 Jul 2016, 15:51 PM

Ram ability itself is pretty lame... it can't be made so well, that it would both perform good and not be OP in same time.

I think, that immobilize and gun destroy should not be caused by ramming. Engine overheat or crew stun for period would be more than enough. And in general - rammed tank should (by logic) get MORE damage, than tank, which rams.

Anyway, that ability is super-lame itself, it can't be made right, so I would like see it changed on something more interesting.

Maybe (since it has new upgraded frontal HMG), it should be ability, like ability of Churchill from vCoH - supress by fire of frontal HMG for short period. Or... something else, that would affect COMBAT effectiveness of T-34-76, not make it more "utility" unit.

Seriously, how many "utility" units USSR have at positions of main combat units. Mainline infantry - utility, mainline tank - utility... So sad, so sad.
    7 Jul 2016, 15:52 PM

but you still lose 2 t34

Not always.
    7 Jul 2016, 15:53 PM

Not always.
    9/11 the pak 40 say yes
    7 Jul 2016, 16:03 PM

I think "ram" should only be a last solution, if there is no chance to escape and your tank is going to be wasted anyways.
    Nevertheless ram is pretty bad choice in the most case. Remember the days when you only needed to T34 to counter the mighty and op Tiger Ace; one for immobilizing the TA and one for destroyings its main gun. And the a Zis could do the rest.
    Maybe they could reduce the negative consequence fir the T34 (like Grittle suggested) or make the T34 invincable during the ram.
    7 Jul 2016, 16:08 PM
    Senior Moderator Badge

9/11 the pak 40 say yes

Are you saying the Jews are behind the Pak 40?
    7 Jul 2016, 16:12 PM

the T-34 Ram needs a buff yet my tiger has too shoot it like 4 times to kill it???
    7 Jul 2016, 16:14 PM
    Senior Moderator Badge

the T-34 Ram needs a buff yet my tiger has too shoot it like 4 times to kill it???

That happens for the same reason IS-2s take 4 hits to kill a Panzer IV.
    7 Jul 2016, 16:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 15:48 PMVuther

Well I mean Stuart almost never gets to do that and survive without totally wrecking the other player already either so it's basically the same thing :snfQuinn:

The thing is stun shot is pretty good if you somehow manages to ambush enemy tanks using shotblocker also you can use Stuart as a last ditch to kill that 100HP KT reversing, try ramming with T-34 against a 222 and you'll see the magic happen. As a USSR player, I'll take Stuart over T-34 everyday. Also with smoke Axis tank totally laugh at ram.
    7 Jul 2016, 16:19 PM

Front ram = stun 2 sec chance of engine damage = 40%
    Rear ram = stun 4 sec chance of engine dammage = 100% chance of engine destroyed = 30%

or damage depend on range&speed of ramming ()
    7 Jul 2016, 16:21 PM
    Senior Moderator Badge

The thing is stun shot is pretty good if you somehow manages to ambush enemy tanks using shotblocker also you can use Stuart as a last ditch to kill that 100HP KT reversing, try ramming with T-34 against a 222 and you'll see the magic happen. As a USSR player, I'll take Stuart over T-34 everyday. Also with smoke Axis tank totally laugh at ram.

I am certainly exaggerating slightly, it's definitely more feasible to drive a 400 HP light tank into a vehicle you want engine-damaged and get out compared to an T-34 self-immobilizing to engine-damage. Vehicle crew super glue and Rifle smoke might be just enough to get the Stuart out even if the enemy has some support nearby, while curing a T-34's immobilization will require that the area be constantly cleared of pretty much any enemies.
    7 Jul 2016, 16:23 PM

Anybody tries using ram with T-34/85? talking about most useful ability of the game.
    2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
      Steam Alias
      W
      L
      %
      Streak
    Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
    • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★