Login

russian armor

The thing about moving accuracy for armor

6 Jul 2016, 02:13 AM

I'm a tad confused about it.

I always considered it odd that most tanks sport 0.75 (was it?) while some had 0.5 instead. It's odd, since I always considered 0.75 a penalty that is much too gentle for what should be an important factor in armor micro. CoH2 had always been rather fussy about the whole shoot and scoot scenario by heavily reducing accuracy when doing so for infantry. I would have assumed the same for armor so as to encourage a playstyle where staionary units gain a great advantage at the cost of mobility, while swift flanks ultimately benefit when they get close enough to the point where accuracy is no longer an issue.

Anyone with better experience can tell me what exactly is the reason to why there is a disparity in the punishment of moving accuracy? It's just my opinion but if I had it my way, I would have just made it universally 0.5 unless it's a very particular unit that has a "gimmick" that boasts good moving accuracy.
6 Jul 2016, 03:02 AM

Only answer is inconsistency and power creep.
6 Jul 2016, 11:23 AM

USF got it because they were supposed to be a more mobile army than the other ones. OKW Panther probably got it because OKW's units had to be better than their Ostheer counterparts in some way in the initial implementation.

Cromwell got it because Cromwell was copypasted from USF Sherman and then modified. For Firefly and Comet the initial implementation without a projectile required overly high accuracy values because scatter shots would basically never do anything. The lack of projectile was eventually fixed due to various other issues with it, but the accuracy remained unchanged.

So yeah, might as well just say inconsistency.
6 Jul 2016, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 11:23 AMCruzz
OKW Panther probably got it because OKW's units had to be better than their Ostheer counterparts in some way in the initial implementation.

It should be mentioned that the OKW Panther "only" has a 0.65 modifier (which is still better than the Ostheer's 0.5, but also lower than the usual 0.75 modifier the other "better" tanks get).

I'd also go with the option of power creep - which becomes obvious on the British vehicles. The Cromwell for example demonstrates that perfectly fine. Sure, people will now call me out on the "nerf" it recently received when it was brought en par to the other tanks in terms of target size, but that is just a lazy excuse to keep calling a tank that is better yet cheaper than the Ostheer Pansy IV balanced...
6 Jul 2016, 13:51 PM

Permanently Banned
The Ostheer penalty is lame, just makes Ostheer even more micro-intensive than it should be, which it already is with the fragile inf and huge reliance on micro heavy support units. Also makes chasing down tanks much harder as p4 doesn't have a speed advantage over enemy mediums and the fact that u need to stop and shoot allowing the enemy tank to gain distance (and out of range) as you stop to aim. There are no traces of Krupp Steel left.
6 Jul 2016, 14:03 PM
Donator 11

if german faction were as good as allied factions we would be back to 90% axis players... Relic don't want to be labeled nazis again so they keep nerfing them to the ground.
6 Jul 2016, 14:42 PM

Allies tanks have guns stabilizer and they fire while driving. Axis tanks allways stop before fire. In this reason have allies tanks in game better moving accuracy.

If it is problem, lets have all tanks the same modifier, but allies tanks then need the same armour as axis tanks (with fuel increase of course), rate of fire and speed.
6 Jul 2016, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 14:42 PMAradan
Allies tanks have guns stabilizer and they fire while driving. Axis tanks allways stop before fire. In this reason have allies tanks in game better moving accuracy.

If it is problem, lets have all tanks the same modifier, but allies tanks then need the same armour as axis tanks (with fuel increase of course), rate of fire and speed.
hohoho you mean like Cromwell and comet tank are you gonna nerf them bro or are you gona delete your comments?
6 Jul 2016, 14:53 PM

Permanently Banned
hohoho you mean like Cromwell and comet tank are you gonna nerf them bro or are you gona delete your comments?

+1

Brit players will disagree with this proposal
6 Jul 2016, 14:59 PM

I still dont understand this trolls rage.

Relic almost ballanced all tanks. The only thing which tilts the game, ares big axis TD in large games (and only long games), but it's not a big problem.
I still have the same chance for winning both sides.

Why axis fanboys still whine and keep flame posts? They want to play this game alone?
6 Jul 2016, 15:07 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 14:59 PMAradan

Relic almost ballanced all tanks. The only thing which tilts the game, ares big axis TD in large games (and only long games), but it's not a big problem.

Why axis fanboys still whine and keep flame posts? They want to play this game alone?

"Big Axis TDs" won't be in 1v1 games. In fact Ost players just stick to mediums since panther, as everyone agrees is trash and only a handful of docs have a tiger. So the allied player won't be facing the "big, scary axis tanks" when playing against Ost.
6 Jul 2016, 15:11 PM

"Big Axis TDs" won't be in 1v1 games. In fact Ost players just stick to mediums since panther, as everyone agrees is trash and only a handful of docs have a tiger. So the allied player won't be facing the "big, scary axis tanks" when playing against Ost.

About big TD I wrote "in large games (and only long games)". 1v1 has its own mechanics, what I do not understand (I dont play 1v1)

And I prefer Panther before Tiger. But it is about style micros and everyone prefers something else.
6 Jul 2016, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 14:59 PMAradan

seems like someone didn't see the charts this week maybe he will be surprised
6 Jul 2016, 15:33 PM

seems like someone didn't see the charts this week maybe he will be surprised

ahhhh, you think results, with players using USF exploit :thumb:

And dont forget, OKW players must learn new builds and learn new infantry mechanics.
6 Jul 2016, 20:05 PM

There is no problem with USF moving accuracy. Why? Because they have glass hammer armor; it made sense within the context of asymmetric balance. (SU should also have been given this moving accuracy buff)

The problem is once again with Brits, who have armor that is on a par with Axis. It's ridiculous that Comets and Cromwells have great accuracy on the move, while having attributes to be as good as their Axis counterparts anyway.

The Cromwell has always been insanely good value at 110 fuel, even with the recent nerf.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS