Login

russian armor

Commander Balance

4 Jul 2016, 08:53 AM

Does anybody think it's an issue that there is a huge desparity in the commander options from the newer and older factions? Ie. That the base factions have a greater pool of options to choose from and it allows opponents to better anticipate the newer factions play style.

I honestly wouldn't mind even a few comanders that are just mixed up to maybe allow abilities in unplayable commanders the possiblility of being useful.
4 Jul 2016, 09:10 AM

You've missed the part where 50% of these base factions commanders are "I will let you win in unique way" stuff.

I've yet to see anyone play seriously with NKVD, reserve army, infantry doctrine or defensive.
4 Jul 2016, 09:18 AM

You've missed the part where 50% of these base factions commanders are "I will let you win in unique way" stuff.

I've yet to see anyone play seriously with NKVD, reserve army, infantry doctrine or defensive.

I often play defensive commader and it works. Won with it more games than lost. And yea, I´m playing seriously with em
4 Jul 2016, 09:20 AM

I often play defensive commader and it works. Won with it more games than lost. And yea, I´m playing seriously with em

I'm talking ost defensive here(yay for commanders with same names!).
Sov defensive is somewhat viable since last patch.
4 Jul 2016, 09:24 AM

I can't be bothered counting but I wouldn't be surprised if the number of unique commander options is not that different between vanilla and DLC factions. Also the eastern front factions really only have a handful of viable commander options, same thing for DLC factions.
4 Jul 2016, 10:26 AM

Off the top of my head, here are some Axis commander abilities I have either never seen used or see used very rarely:

Ambush Camouflage (I've heard of people using this with Panzershreck-equipped Panzer Grenadiers, but I've never actually seen it)
Counter-Offensive Tactics
Airdropped Medical Supplies
Riegel Anti-Tank mines (heard they're good; can't recall ever actually having seen them used)
Artillery Field Officer
Mechanized Grenadier Group
The G43 interrogation function

And I have never seen a decent Axis player go Storm/Infantry/Jaeger Infantry

OKW:

Radio Silence
Breakthrough Tactics
Signal Relay
Emergency Repairs
Panzer Commander
Flak Emplacement (lol!)

And I almost never see anybody ever go Overwatch Doctrine ever so I can't even comment on that commander.
4 Jul 2016, 10:30 AM

I'm talking ost defensive here(yay for commanders with same names!).
Sov defensive is somewhat viable since last patch.

All previous 3 were soviets ones so I though youre talking only about russians as always
4 Jul 2016, 11:18 AM

All previous 3 were soviets ones so I though youre talking only about russians as always

The aim was to give 2 examples of both, sov and ost :foreveralone:
4 Jul 2016, 11:24 AM

And I almost never see anybody ever go Overwatch Doctrine ever so I can't even comment on that commander.

I was so excited to get that doctrine in a drop when I started playing OKW and then realized it's the most useless one. :foreveralone:
4 Jul 2016, 14:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ambush Camouflage (I've heard of people using this with Panzershreck-equipped Panzer Grenadiers, but I've never actually seen it)

Not really a thing anymore - it used to provide a damage bonus that would allow two Schreck PG squads with them to kill a medium in one volley, but they fixed that but changing it to an accuracy bonus.

I don't either, but it seems fine to me when I use it. Costs less than a good grenade to get vital territory faster while you're in position for that.

I forget about it all the time myself, but as a free recon function between combats, I really can't see what's there to complain about it.
4 Jul 2016, 15:38 PM

The only reason you never see this used is because they never really highlight that aspect of the upgrade and people think it doesn't exist.

if they made it so that attacking a dying soldier will automatically interrogate instead of shooting the poor soul and maybe increased recon by 1 second max. it would be used more.
4 Jul 2016, 17:14 PM

Off the top of my head, here are some Axis commander abilities I have either never seen used or see used very rarely:

Airdropped Medical Supplies
Riegel Anti-Tank mines (heard their good; can't recall ever actually having seen them used)
Artillery Field Officer
Mechanized Grenadier Group

And I have never seen a decent Axis player go Storm/Infantry/Jaeger Infantry

OKW:

Radio Silence
Breakthrough Tactics
Signal Relay
Emergency Repairs
Panzer Commander
Flak Emplacement (lol!)

I play overwatch. Especially if I'm agressive with my trucks.
4 Jul 2016, 23:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2016, 17:14 PMsinthe

I play overwatch. Especially if I'm agressive with my trucks.

Poor bastard, I bet you also use the flammhetzer.

Tisk tisk tisk, what a way to go.
6 Jul 2016, 07:48 AM

Poor bastard, I bet you also use the flammhetzer.

Tisk tisk tisk, what a way to go.

The patch shifted the power of some of the normally unused docs. I love the flame hetzer, chasing retreating infantry is to most satisfying thing ever. It would be much better at 5-6 cp.
6 Jul 2016, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2016, 17:14 PMsinthe

I play overwatch. Especially if I'm agressive with my BASTION.
fixed for you
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS