Login

russian armor

What does the Future hold for CoH2?

18 Jul 2016, 21:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2016, 17:21 PMKatitof

You have no idea how many developers would give an arm for population as big and as stable as the one CoH2 has.

It might not be competitive MOBA or FPS level, but for its genre its pretty damn huge.

Just look at the market, every other RTS game that isn't SC2 is dead within 6 months of release.
CoH2 STILL keeps the 8-10 concurrent users after few years. Even SC2 is on a slide down and CoH is stable.

Yes, I'm actually still surprised after all this time CoH2 still manages to retain about 3000+ to 7000+ players. Even a long time after (what I assume to be is) CoH2's last expansion.

There's still that charm in a WWII isometric game that CoH2 fulfills so nicely.
19 Jul 2016, 01:21 AM

Yes, I'm actually still surprised after all this time CoH2 still manages to retain about 3000+ to 7000+ players. Even a long time after (what I assume to be is) CoH2's last expansion.

There's still that charm in a WWII isometric game that CoH2 fulfills so nicely.
Which the question arises do they have something in the works content wise? I remember reading an article right before WFA came out two summers ago about how Relic had a little more than half of their team actively working on CoH2 content and the rest working on "other projects" (DOW3 most likely). Now most of the team is most likely full time DOW3 with some people working on CoH2. Relic did say they have a roadmap planned in the months ahead so we shall wait and see for now. One more Axis army and a few commanders would be a good "finale" for the game.
19 Jul 2016, 02:36 AM

Cookiez gainz enuff pointz to evolve from Leed Strategist to Lead Balance Designer CookiezNcreem_RE★
nee
21 Jul 2016, 06:26 AM

tons of DLC, followed only by tons of marketing for DoW3, both in and out of game.
21 Jul 2016, 14:27 PM

i prefer it dead since adding new contents would likely worsen the game's performance due to its poor optimisation and the ceasing of refinement to optimisation.

more likely to be 3/4 dead by next year with occasional balance patches that will fail to balance the game as well
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★