Login

russian armor

OKW Infantry

PAGES (8)down
1 Jul 2016, 15:32 PM

You closed 6 pounder thread too quickly, i wanted to troll guy that called 6 pounder UP.
1 Jul 2016, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2016, 10:18 AMZyllen
But he has not yet explained why the volks with inferior baseline stats vet and weapons are Extremely powerful . your better of using sp's

I will ignore obvious bait in your comment. Please leave personnel attacks at the door, they have no place in the forum. That goes for everyone else as well. The forum is for discussion not who can write the wittiest comment.

Volks have inferior stats, but cost less than everybody else but scripts. They also never pay to unlock abilities, and have 5 levels of vet. What infantry other than they have these advantages? They are stopgap infantry, and with STG's seriously threaten unupgraded Allied infantry now.

I encourage you to show me a game where you are capable of substituting SP's for volks. The reinforce cost, the high initial cost, and the limit DPS at range make them very vulnerable to infantry. They are also 4 man squads and their vet does not give them predominantly bonuses that assist in combat, but they get bonuses that assist in repair or healing at vet 1.
1 Jul 2016, 22:40 PM

I personally belive its juat a matter of skill like most games, some people have the micro and others are just terrible at the game.

Not un usual for my volks to to be elite even vs a Brit player and vs heavy rocket barrages

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/441732331246547569/F7311599102AF8E3DCF91DA223EA6DBE95B55A40/

Lesson of the post?

Get Gud or Get Rekt
2 Jul 2016, 11:53 AM

Volks have inferior stats, but cost less than everybody else but scripts. They also never pay to unlock abilities, and have 5 levels of vet. What infantry other than they have these advantages? They are stopgap infantry, and with STG's seriously threaten unupgraded Allied infantry now.

I encourage you to show me a game where you are capable of substituting SP's for volks. The reinforce cost, the high initial cost, and the limit DPS at range make them very vulnerable to infantry. They are also 4 man squads and their vet does not give them predominantly bonuses that assist in combat, but they get bonuses that assist in repair or healing at vet 1.

Vet 5 means little if all vet 5 levels combined are still inferior to allied vet infantry. and yes sp's are a bit more expensive but their reinforcement cost is equal to the gren. allied infantry excel at short range (safe for is) and any long range combat will be won thx to the mg34 and later obers.

Your correct that upgraded volks will beat allied infantry but sooner or later your volks will get outclassed and become a huge mp drain.

Suffice to okw with its weakest support units and lv's should have the strongest infantry. vg's need to be able to hold their ground against allied infantry. they need a 90 ammo upgrade with damage similar to regular sp's

I mean WTF is going on here. weakest mainline infantry weakest support most expensive tech overpriced units. OKW is not doing so hot. The shreks on volks was able to mask these rather large prbolems for a very long time but now the okw needs buffs and a lot of them.
2 Jul 2016, 13:17 PM

Can someone give me the stats for the volks STG? Is it the same as the pgren stg, sturmpioneer stg, or something new?
2 Jul 2016, 16:38 PM

Can someone give me the stats for the volks STG? Is it the same as the pgren stg, sturmpioneer stg, or something new?

its 7.5 dps (close range for each vg mp44)i believe.way weaker then the g43 upgrade more expensive then the g43 upgrade . ffs lelic.
2 Jul 2016, 17:55 PM

that is debatable but it is a good point. OKW having to have to commit to a tier to get a healing is a big design idea that impacts the faction immensely. It might be flawed.. i think it would be easy to make a case against it.

but the thing that do not help this argument to go forward, after obvious blaming fanboys, is that this was the case since the beginning. how come this has only come to attention now? it also does not help that people argue OKW healing costs 400mp and 70fu or whatever(truck+setup+upgrade). that means it costed 300mp and 55fu before, which nobody ever argued for...

Because it's typical psychology of people. If they get something they didn't have before they will be happy, but if something is changed all of the sudden a whole host of non-issues become really important.
2 Jul 2016, 18:12 PM

OKW has same general design as USF, with t0 healing swapped for t0 at gun. USF pays 15 fuel for BARs, OKW pays 15 fuel for universal repair.

IE it's a rush faction at heart. Harass early with 5 Volks and a Kubel, get Stg 44s, segway into one light vehicle, then put the Shwerer in a good spot and get a tank out.

3 Jul 2016, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2016, 11:53 AMZyllen

Vet 5 means little if all vet 5 levels combined are still inferior to allied vet infantry. and yes sp's are a bit more expensive but their reinforcement cost is equal to the gren. allied infantry excel at short range (safe for is) and any long range combat will be won thx to the mg34 and later obers.

Your correct that upgraded volks will beat allied infantry but sooner or later your volks will get outclassed and become a huge mp drain.

Suffice to okw with its weakest support units and lv's should have the strongest infantry. vg's need to be able to hold their ground against allied infantry. they need a 90 ammo upgrade with damage similar to regular sp's

I mean WTF is going on here. weakest mainline infantry weakest support most expensive tech overpriced units. OKW is not doing so hot. The shreks on volks was able to mask these rather large prbolems for a very long time but now the okw needs buffs and a lot of them.

Vet 5 means a lot because it offers real bonuses, I fail to see how it is inferior.

Volks are meant to be outclassed, but they never fail to be useful. OKW is an meant to an Elite army, you are supposed to rely on your elite infantry in the late game once you acquire enough vet.

They do hold their own, they allow you to stall, they trade very effectively when in cover, and they come in a faction with plentiful options to support (you have more than MG34). You can also easily take Allied support weapons you decrew, whereas Wehrmacht players struggle to do so with only 4 man squads.

The tech is inline with other factions (how is it not?). They can also place their tech buildings outside their base areas if they want. Please don't say this doesn't offer a real advantage, if it doesn't matter then it wouldn't be possible.

OKW has been far too powerful for too long, it is now just coming in line with other factions.
3 Jul 2016, 01:24 AM

As OH player, I'll trade my grens to Volks in a heartbeat. Volks are in a good spot now, good dmg while being very sturdy and good utilities.
3 Jul 2016, 02:27 AM

Vet 5 means a lot because it offers real bonuses, I fail to see how it is inferior.

you are being deliberately vague here because you know are talking out of your ass. even the
penals who cost exactly as much as a volks have better offensive vet then volks. while the riflemen outclasses them completely in durability.

Volks are meant to be outclassed,

says who?

OKW is an meant to an Elite army, you are supposed to rely on your elite infantry in the late game once you acquire enough vet.

Obers are not going to automatically fix the situation.

They do hold their own, they allow you to stall, they trade very effectively when in cover,

every unit does. wtf you should know this as " strategist"

and they come in a faction with plentiful options to support (you have more than MG34).

oh wow the mg34 and the leigh now lets compare it the usf mortar and the 50 cal. or the maxim and the 81 mm . or the mg42 and the 80mm.

You are being deliberately intellectually dishonest again. you know the okw support units are completely inferior to the support units the other factions can bring to the field.

The tech is inline with other factions (how is it not?).

it now cost 900 mp to get all 3 trucks. no biggie right

OKW has been far too powerful for too long, it is now just coming in line with other factions.

you can better say the volks shreks was the only thing keeping the okw up. now its removed the okw has no advantage in any field being completely outclassed in infantry support weapons lv's and tanks. in time this will show on coh 2 charts . i will be proven right and you should turn in that strategist badge if you dont realise that.
3 Jul 2016, 02:28 AM

As OH player, I'll trade my grens to Volks in a heartbeat. Volks are in a good spot now, good dmg while being very sturdy and good utilities.

but you are not an OH player.
3 Jul 2016, 02:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 02:27 AMZyllen

you are being deliberately vague here because you know are talking out of your ass. even the
penals who cost exactly as much as a volks have better offensive vet then volks. while the riflemen outclasses them completely in durability.

But Penals cost 300 while Volks cost 250.
3 Jul 2016, 02:52 AM
Patrion 310

I'd written a long post about why Zyllen was wrong about everything but the forum lost it. So I will simply say gtfo of the balance forum until you have half a clue what is going on in the game (and how to do basic maths!)
3 Jul 2016, 10:18 AM

Because if you compare Volks vet to other standard inf (SI), A) Vet 5 volk aren't that much stronger than other vet 3 inf. B) In Mid game, where your vet 3 volk are facing vet 3 SI they are going to be pretty outclassed. (correct me if i'm wrong but the XP requirements are about the same)

I think the crux of the matter is that the bonuses from vet five should amount to at least 166% as effective in comparison to other SI. Any lower and you are just diluting the bonuses that volk receive. You can see an example of the new OKW LEFG, the bonuses from vet 5 are worse than the bonuses that the OST LeFH.

Furthermore In late game when you lose squads, Allied SI have an easier time getting up to peak effectiveness because a) their max vet requires less XP, and B) they can easily be equipped with x2 bars/1919s/brens to make up for their vet 0 and to boost their XP gain.

IMO Volk vet should be reverted to before they were nerfed due to shrek blob being too effective.

On the other hand the rest of OKWs unit's vet 5 bonuses feel strong and rewarding.
3 Jul 2016, 10:51 AM

We could always take the buffs from vet 5 and compress them into 3 vet levels.
3 Jul 2016, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2016, 13:15 PMRappy

Problem with this is that OKW has the most pathetic support weapons for combined arms. Raketens get instant decrewed by anything really. They fall into enemy hands very easily and are then retreated.

[...]

So why don't you then instantly decrew enemy raketen (with anything) and recapture it back and retreat it?
3 Jul 2016, 12:59 PM

Because if you compare Volks vet to other standard inf (SI), A) Vet 5 volk aren't that much stronger than other vet 3 inf. B) In Mid game, where your vet 3 volk are facing vet 3 SI they are going to be pretty outclassed. (correct me if i'm wrong but the XP requirements are about the same)

I think the crux of the matter is that the bonuses from vet five should amount to at least 166% as effective in comparison to other SI. Any lower and you are just diluting the bonuses that volk receive. You can see an example of the new OKW LEFG, the bonuses from vet 5 are worse than the bonuses that the OST LeFH.

Furthermore In late game when you lose squads, Allied SI have an easier time getting up to peak effectiveness because a) their max vet requires less XP, and B) they can easily be equipped with x2 bars/1919s/brens to make up for their vet 0 and to boost their XP gain.

IMO Volk vet should be reverted to before they were nerfed due to shrek blob being too effective.

On the other hand the rest of OKWs unit's vet 5 bonuses feel strong and rewarding.

No.
Only because you want Volks to be these uber soldiers with Vet5, doesn't meant Relic intended them to be. According to their OKW design philosophy you are support your mediocre basic infantry with other units like elites or vehicles. The same way Soviets do.
3 Jul 2016, 13:09 PM

No.
Only because you want Volks to be these uber soldiers with Vet5, doesn't meant Relic intended them to be. According to their OKW design philosophy you are support your mediocre basic infantry with other units like elites or vehicles. The same way Soviets do.

WTF are you talking about ? the okw has always been about strong heavy hitters on the front and weak support . and thats the reason why the leigh and mg34 and lv's have always been inferior to the allied counterparts.

if you tell me that the okw is meant to be played like the soviets then you are liar or dont play the game.
3 Jul 2016, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 02:31 AMVuther

But Penals cost 300 while Volks cost 250.

they have one additional man. mate.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight