Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht Infantry- whats the excuse now?

28 Jun 2016, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 04:01 AMGenObi
gonna have to call bull on this thread, play cards please across the board.

But you don't even show your own playercard, oh the irony.
28 Jun 2016, 10:08 AM

5th men to Gren squad = DP28/SVT-40 upgrade for Conscripts. In that way - I agree. One side upgrade - no thanks.

28 Jun 2016, 10:31 AM

Who would have guessed, Katikof doesn't want Ostheer to have a 5 men gren squad.

Katitof also doesn't want cons to have LMGs, which was suggested crapload of times as well, because Katitof actually understands implications of changes of this magnitude, contrary to people who can't even succeed with the only faction they have ever played in game modes where they are being carried hard by team mates.

If you can't get to top 300, then balance is absolutely least of your problems and real problem is between the chair and keyboard.

Your point?
28 Jun 2016, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 08:36 AMKatitof

I'm not even trying to bully you or anyone with PC, that was never my goal when exposing or addressing one.
It was always about stripping the target naked, so it'll have only its own hypocrisy and ignorance to cover with.

But you've said it yourself.
You don't care about rank.
Then you also don't care about improving yourself, which in turn means you don't care about balance.

Now that explains all your threads, the quality of ideas and your PC reflects most accurately your conviction that no other army should be viable then ost, come on, Ostherlitz didn't came out of nowhere.

No, you don't. There isn't any rule saying only rank 500 or better can post.
However, depending on the issue you want to touch and how well you yourself fare in the game are good measurements of how valid that argument is.

Grens are OP sounds very different when aaa or you says it and different when Hans or Sib says it.

If people want to talk about balance, they should at the very least have experienced it from all perspectives. Rank 2000 player who plays all factions have more creditability then rank 1000 player of a single faction.

You could spectate this 'spectator' few days ago on Zaroks stream, but whatever floats your boat.

Expose what?Never claimed to be a pro .
Just because i dont care about rank doesnt mean dont care about balance..totally wrong conclusion.When your opposing factions have OP options that makes things unfair,it reduces the fun u derive from the game and thats why it concerns my balance.I play vs these factions regularly and on the recieving side of their tactics,plus watch replays and spectate.Your ignorant if u think u have to play all factions to understand that there is something wrong.

If a faction cant counter something from other faction,i can fully express my views if i'm regular player of that faction.I never make balance judgements on OKW,USF,SOV,UKF ..except in those areas that i experience affecting me.So my views are fully valid.And tourneys,not played by noobs like me...also validate this trend of serious gaps in wehrmacht.Still you insist everything is ok.

You can try any underhanded tactics u want,it wont change the fact that USF are blatantly OP atm.Your attempts to defend them just exposes how massively biased you yourself are.
28 Jun 2016, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 10:31 AMKatitof

Katitof also doesn't want cons to have LMGs, which was suggested crapload of times as well, because Katitof actually understands implications of changes of this magnitude, contrary to people who can't even succeed with the only faction they have ever played in game modes where they are being carried hard by team mates.

If you can't get to top 300, then balance is absolutely least of your problems and real problem is between the chair and keyboard.

Your point?

Was top 300 with Ostheer, but then USF mortar hit and then USF turbo vehicle bugs.

The point is, penals eat grens for breakfast, tommies eat grens for breakfast, riflemen eat grens for breakfast.

Squashy 4 men mainline infantry unit eaten alive by double upgraded riflemen, double upgraded tommies. Now even non doc soviet infantry shit on them in the form of penals.

Grens are the most expensive mainline infantry unit to reinforce. They only have 4 men and one weapon upgrade. Them not having a fith man was linked to it screwing up the soviet-ost matchup. Guess what, penals rape grens now and a 5th man is definitely needed to keep grens viable.

28 Jun 2016, 11:13 AM

The point is, penals eat grens for breakfast, tommies eat grens for breakfast, riflemen eat grens for breakfast.

Behold a revelation:
Penals are supposed to eat grens, they cost much more.
Tommies are supposed to eat grens, they cost much more.
Rifles are supposed to eat grens, they cost much more.

Now, add an MG or sniper to the mix and you have a whole different situation.
Grens are SUPPOSED TO BE EATEN ALIFE IF UNSUPPORTED.

Squashy 4 men mainline infantry unit eaten alive by double upgraded riflemen, double upgraded tommies. Now even non doc soviet infantry shit on them in the form of penals.

240mp+60mun is being eaten alife by 280mp 120/140mun or 300mp 60mun is problem why again?

Grens are the most expensive mainline infantry unit to reinforce. They only have 4 men and one weapon upgrade. Them not having a fith man was linked to it screwing up the soviet-ost matchup. Guess what, penals rape grens now and a 5th man is definitely needed to keep grens viable.

In case you've missed the memo for the last 2 years:

GRENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO WORK ALONE, THEY WILL FAIL IF YOU SPAM GRENS ALONE.
Grens are supposed to be used with support of HMGs and Snipers, BECAUSE THEY ARE INTENDED TO BE COUNTERED BY MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE UNITS.

Using grens without combined arms is about as smart and efficient as is using RETs exclusively to repair USF vehicles-it just won't work, because its not supposed to be done this way.

That still isn't any excuse to buff what doesn't need buffs.
28 Jun 2016, 11:14 AM

I've said it million times before but grens should get a received accuracy buff to compensate for their small squad size and shitty squad spacing which leads to wipes in the late game.

Grens get beaten early game by all other mainline infantry units and late game to double upgraded tommies and riflemen.

The biggest issue is the discrepancy between their survivability and their dps when upgraded with lmgs. The lmg should be toned down a touch or else players will continue to group up and attack move from long range, since moving in and being aggressive will end up with your grens dead.

Its really dumb and requires no micro but player will continue to do it since enemy squads can be bursted down easier and grens don't get isolated that way either.
28 Jun 2016, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 11:14 AMCrumbum
I've said it million times before but grens should get a received accuracy buff to compensate for their small squad size and shitty squad spacing which leads to wipes in the late game.

Grens get beaten early game by all other mainline infantry units and late game to double upgraded tommies and riflemen.

The biggest issue is the discrepancy between their survivability and their dps when upgraded with lmgs. The lmg should be toned down a touch or else players will continue to group up and attack move from long range, since moving in and being aggressive will end up with your grens dead.

Its really dumb and requires no micro but player will continue to do it since enemy squads can be bursted down easier and grens don't get isolated that way either.

Uhm current gren do get reduced received acc, late game wipe is more due to AI clumping to explosives, which received acc do jack against. There should be a dispersed command to all squad so this crap doesn't happen too much.
28 Jun 2016, 12:52 PM

Uhm current gren do get reduced received acc, late game wipe is more due to AI clumping to explosives, which received acc do jack against. There should be a dispersed command to all squad so this crap doesn't happen too much.

I know RA doesn't effect squad spacing its more to help them compete against allied infantry because right now they get stomped without upgrades and with they get a huge dps buff but the survivability is the main issue not the dps, especially since they cost more to reinforce than all other baseline inf.
28 Jun 2016, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 10:01 AMCrumbum

But you don't even show your own playercard, oh the irony.

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198012278664

There ya go nub, whats your excuse?
28 Jun 2016, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 13:21 PMGenObi

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198012278664

There ya go nub, whats your excuse?

I don't need an excuse because I already show my playercard :romeoHype:
28 Jun 2016, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 13:32 PMCrumbum

I don't need an excuse because I already show my playercard :romeoHype:

No playcard after a call out? Get rekt then
28 Jun 2016, 13:44 PM

Increase grenadier price if necessary,but performance but increase.
28 Jun 2016, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 13:41 PMGenObi

No playcard after a call out? Get rekt then

If you are too dumb to click on the playercard icon then that's your fault. :facepalm:
28 Jun 2016, 14:23 PM

A five man grenadier is the last thing I want to see to balance Wehrmacht early game.

Look, the game is harsh when it comes to counters and the USF mortar is pretty upsetting at how well it performs at the moment. I'm sure relic will answer to that whenever they wake up, but there is some counter play to go even for mainstream Ostheer docs.

Of course, there's not much to say that the chances of countering them is slim, since you either trade mortar or you flank. For mortar trade, you are better off focusing on the riflemen approaching before your mainline infantry push in to rush that mortar.

Flanking wise, if you sneak in an Assgren should you have the doc, I've had a occurrences where I had reached the mortar in the back, gunned the four man crew down and yoink it for myself. Not common, but it is a good way to also force early retreat for the mortar. Rinse and repeat on harass to force that mortar to always be busy.

It's pretty bad as axis right now. Since the bug is disgusting and the mortar is frustrating to go against. Regardless, best of luck!
28 Jun 2016, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 11:13 AMKatitof

Behold a revelation:
Penals are supposed to eat grens, they cost much more.
Tommies are supposed to eat grens, they cost much more.
Rifles are supposed to eat grens, they cost much more.

They all cost more but require less to reinforce. This doesn´t make sense, since they are all more powerful then grens.

Now, add an MG or sniper to the mix and you have a whole different situation.
Grens are SUPPOSED TO BE EATEN ALIFE IF UNSUPPORTED.

USF mortar makes mg play impossible, it comes too fast and fires faster and more accurate than the old ostheer turbo mortar. Then we have smoke from riflemen, heavy mortars etc. MG42 is countered by t1 USF like it is nothing. Add a lovely mortar pit in there with UKF, that can hit 70/80% of most 1v1 maps and guess what, mg42 useless.

240mp+60mun is being eaten alife by 280mp 120/140mun or 300mp 60mun is problem why again?

Sure, but then allow Grens the same pleassure of either a 5th men, or a double upgrade. This isn´t fair, neither is it balanced. You have to rely on grens, which you can´t in the late game vs penals, double bar riflemen and double bren tommies. Then we have the lunacy of grens costing the most to reinforce out of all the mainline infantry, but they get beaten by all of the above mentioned.

In case you've missed the memo for the last 2 years:

GRENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO WORK ALONE, THEY WILL FAIL IF YOU SPAM GRENS ALONE.
Grens are supposed to be used with support of HMGs and Snipers, BECAUSE THEY ARE INTENDED TO BE COUNTERED BY MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE UNITS.

Using grens without combined arms is about as smart and efficient as is using RETs exclusively to repair USF vehicles-it just won't work, because its not supposed to be done this way.

That still isn't any excuse to buff what doesn't need buffs.

Ah yes I know, but to that I say to you: USF super mortar/ UKF mortar pit with insane range and free immortaility shield/ Soviet heavy mortar that

USF mortar and smoke make MG42s useless now. Mortar pit destroys static MG42 play. Good luck having to move your support weapons constantly, not to mention them dying to one volley of a mortar pit or 2 volleys of a USF mortar.

28 Jun 2016, 15:31 PM

They all cost more but require less to reinforce. This doesn´t make sense, since they are all more powerful then grens.

Or do they?
4x28 > 3x30 therefore rifles cost more to reinforce.
5x22 > 3x30 therefore Penals cost more to reinforce.
4x28 > 3x30 therefore tommies(5-men) cost more to reinforce.

Are you even aware that there is universal reinforce formula and *drumroll* mostly axis units are exception, paying LESS then they should?

USF mortar makes mg play impossible, it comes too fast and fires faster and more accurate than the old ostheer turbo mortar. Then we have smoke from riflemen, heavy mortars etc. MG42 is countered by t1 USF like it is nothing. Add a lovely mortar pit in there with UKF, that can hit 70/80% of most 1v1 maps and guess what, mg42 useless.

And obviously, we will never see any balance tweaks in the future for newely added unit.
Rifle smoke wasn't an issue for the last 2 years, its not an issue now.
Try to get some sanity if you thing soviet heavy mortar is even half as deadly as it was, its standard mortar for 50% higher cost, much slower RoF and 20 more range at the moment.
MG42 is not supposed to be uncounterable death diller, maybe you should consider building T2?
The pit will never be weaker then mobile indirect fire units and will never have less range then them. ISG existence means it will always be 100 range itself and guess what? Snipers are more mobile and hardcounter USF and UKF infantry just fine.

Sure, but then allow Grens the same pleassure of either a 5th men, or a double upgrade. This isn´t fair, neither is it balanced. You have to rely on grens, which you can´t in the late game vs penals, double bar riflemen and double bren tommies. Then we have the lunacy of grens costing the most to reinforce out of all the mainline infantry, but they get beaten by all of the above mentioned.

Except it is fair and balanced.
This is why it was balanced like that.
If you can't accept the need for combined arms, enjoy 2k+ rank.
When you'll finally acknowledge that you need L2P, join Siberian or Hans streams and LEARN FROM BETTER PLAYERS HOW TO PLAY.

Ah yes I know, but to that I say to you: USF super mortar/ UKF mortar pit with insane range and free immortaility shield/ Soviet heavy mortar that

USF mortar and smoke make MG42s useless now. Mortar pit destroys static MG42 play. Good luck having to move your support weapons constantly, not to mention them dying to one volley of a mortar pit or 2 volleys of a USF mortar.

I've addressed mortars already and so did you, stop running circles, start learning from better players.
Simply watching the crap they do and then being able to just repeat that allows ME to keep rank 400 as one of my worst ranks and ~170 as one of my best ones without dedicating hundreds of hours into the game.
28 Jun 2016, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 15:31 PMKatitof

Lunacy

I give up, there is no sense in talking with you.
28 Jun 2016, 15:57 PM

I am very sorry that your head have more armor then logic penetration.
Sadly, we can't patch that as you'd just keep buying armor upgrade, increasing your thickness endlessly.
28 Jun 2016, 15:59 PM

Anyone else Enjoy watching katitof desperatly trying to get 10k posts?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★