Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht Infantry- whats the excuse now?

29 Jun 2016, 09:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 09:30 AMspajn
wehrmacht in general is like a house of cards, lose one unit and it all falls apart no comebacks. Every other faction its not such a big deal to lose 1 unit.

If by "other faction" you don't mean USF or UKF, then you might be right.

Grenadiers need more survivability and more dps late game since a 5 man vet3 tommie squad is just unkillable with a 4 man gren squad even if you yourself hit vet 3. There also needs to be a core unit answer to light vehicles except going 444.

It is plenty killabe with the vet3 sniper.
And you have the core unit answer to light vehicles, this is why 222 have 320hp now.
You are intended to go with it or two against lights.
29 Jun 2016, 09:55 AM

Lolz,katitof you can try to shame me all you want...doesnt change the state of wehr.Trying to discredit the messenger,doesnt discredit the message.Everyone knows you are the most hardcore allied fanboy in existence...i atleast can claim to having played this game more hours than i spend on this forum.:D
29 Jun 2016, 10:25 AM

speaking from a 2v2 perspective, I think ostheer is a great faction atm, id say even better then okw now coz u know - bad roketan. I donot agree with a 5th man upgrade for grens, they are great for their cost. If you preserve them and get them to vet3, their received accuracy drops down to same as obersoldaten (0.7) which is pretty sweet imo.

remember pios can build sandbags now. THIS for me is the biggest buff for early midgame play especially in 1v1 and 2v2. Altho it would be better if grens were allowed to build the sandbags but even with the pios its pretty good now.

The one thing id like changed on grenadiers is the squad spacing. They are 4 men and tend to clump up a lot which in-turn gets them wiped. Fixing their squad spacing would do them a world of good.
29 Jun 2016, 10:32 AM

btw quick question. Does received accuracy help vs explosives? like mortars or grenades
29 Jun 2016, 10:33 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 10:25 AMSmaug
speaking from a 2v2 perspective, I think ostheer is a great faction atm, id say even better then okw now coz u know - bad roketan. I donot agree with a 5th man upgrade for grens, they are great for their cost. If you preserve them and get them to vet3, their received accuracy drops down to same as obersoldaten (0.7) which is pretty sweet imo.

remember pios can build sandbags now. THIS for me is the biggest buff for early midgame play especially in 1v1 and 2v2. Altho it would be better if grens were allowed to build the sandbags but even with the pios its pretty good now.

The one thing id like changed on grenadiers is the squad spacing. They are 4 men and tend to clump up a lot which in-turn gets them wiped. Fixing their squad spacing would do them a world of good.

i personally think this is how it should be done.Cons having sandbag made sense because they do not have a default weapons upgrade. But volks, tommies and rifle (with doc) just being able to build sandbag feels like simplifying for the worse.
29 Jun 2016, 11:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 10:32 AMSmaug
btw quick question. Does received accuracy help vs explosives? like mortars or grenades

No, only squad spread and being behind green cover does(not garrison).
4 Jul 2016, 17:02 PM

Grens are OK. Don't see what is so exciting about 5 man grens. They are long ranged snipers, so should be used that way.

Ok I'll just ask kindly of the enemy to stop running up in my face.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2016, 10:25 AMSmaug
remember pios can build sandbags now. THIS for me is the biggest buff for early midgame play especially in 1v1 and 2v2.

That is a big and great thing for sure.
4 Jul 2016, 17:18 PM

They will stop charging and retreat once they realize their rifleman is left with 2 models.

Don't need to ask them.
4 Jul 2016, 18:19 PM

You see that 2nd unit in your T0 HQ? the MG42?

Click it, it does wonders for that kind of problem.
4 Jul 2016, 18:34 PM

They will stop charging and retreat once they realize their rifleman is left with 2 models.

Don't need to ask them.

Until they get their vet 3 -50% received accuracy bonus...or use smoke and a laser guided mortar.
4 Jul 2016, 19:37 PM

Don't need to ask them.

That's usually not my experience of what happens. Maybe with an LMG.
5 Jul 2016, 00:33 AM

Anyone else Enjoy watching katitof desperatly trying to get 10k posts?

Yes, i actually eat some candys to appreciate that historical moment.
5 Jul 2016, 02:26 AM

You see that 2nd unit in your T0 HQ? the MG42?

Click it, it does wonders for that kind of problem.

Until it gets BTFO by US space laser mortar.

The imbalance created by the USF mortar for Ostheer can only be solved by buffing grenadiers to be able to make up for the uselessness of the MG42. and go against the ubiquitous mortar spam + rifleman squads.
5 Jul 2016, 03:01 AM

OH is the only faction that your not able to blobb.

So you use combined arms

That becomes useless due to US turbo motar
UKF motar emplacements

Both of those 1 shot grens like clockwork
Both of those out range the OH motar and outperform it.

So as OH. You either gotta go doc for the MT
Or have a hero sniper that does enough damage to bleed the enemy.

But point is, is OH you MUST or you HAVE to do X otherwise is GG.

The funniest part is that OH has the smaller squad sizes yet they so weapon crew reliant. Always having to recrew and insta retreat due to having 1 man left over.
5 Jul 2016, 10:19 AM

I would rather fight against the USF mortar than the mortar emplacement. People are just used to it at this point. At least the USF one can be killed reasonably.
5 Jul 2016, 10:50 AM

USF mortar is fine, l2p you newbs
6 Jul 2016, 15:56 PM

So you use combined arms

UKF motar emplacements

The funniest part is that OH has the smaller squad sizes yet they so weapon crew reliant. Always having to recrew and insta retreat due to having 1 man left over.

Unupgraded halftracks and Ostruppen help with that. The reinforcing halftrack is very important to Ostheer having any sort of field presence. What cripples Ostheer is that even if they win engagements, without a halftrack or command bunker, they are unable to stay on the field unless they are at full strength.

At least as SU I can merge some conscripts around to keep a full strength squad or two on the front.

Two 3 man gren squads are just waiting to get killed/retreated. If an Ostheer infantry squad other than Ostruppen loses a single member on any unit, they are incapable of recrewing any lost team weapons without sacrificing a squad.

IMO, Ostheer team weapons should be like USF vehicles. The squads should be able to abandon their team weapon. So if I recrew that MG42 with my 2man pios, they should be able to decrew it and drop it. (I've been trying to build this mechanic in a mod, but I only have a few hours a week to devote to CoH2.)

EFA only works with EFA, WFA only works with WFA, and Brits are :foreveralone:.

CoH1 and Opposing Fronts unfortunately suffered this exact same issue. They designed and balanced these factions without actually taking into account the existing factions and gameplay.
6 Jul 2016, 16:35 PM

So you use combined arms

UKF motar emplacements

If you're gonna rant like this then at least get your facts right.

The mortar ranges are: UKF 115 > Ost 106 > USF > 80.

The UKF mortar is the most inefficient in the game, or in other words it has the lowest dps/manpower of all mortars. It requires a squad to sit in it just to get ~1 more dps than a single other mortar that isn't static and costs less than half of the UKF investment. It also has the worst vet offensively. The only good things about it are that if you manage to keep it alive (good luck), it doesn't bleed (though the squad inside it does), and it has 9 more range than normal mortars (yippie...).

The USF mortar is indeed better offensively than the Ost mortar, especially with vet. It ends up having lower range but less scatter and a shorter reload than the Ost mortar.

Ost is not alone about having to do X or gg (most notably UKF mid game is based on that concept) although I agree that it shouldn't be that way if it is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★