Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht Infantry- whats the excuse now?

28 Jun 2016, 16:06 PM

Anyone else Enjoy watching katitof desperatly trying to get 10k posts?

Both in posts and allied bias...'over 9000!'.
28 Jun 2016, 16:19 PM

Anyone else Enjoy watching katitof desperatly trying to get 10k posts?

Takes much less effort then you think :megusta:

@ostherlitz
well, at least we're sure that "hypocrite of the year" title goes year by year to you without any real contest
28 Jun 2016, 16:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Grens are OK. Don't see what is so exciting about 5 man grens. They are long ranged snipers, so should be used that way.

Just remove the T0 turbo pack howie and everything will be alright again.

I agree with the idea of reducing PGrens received accuracy, since they arrive a tad late, so that would make sense.

And yeah, peniles aren't penile anymore ^_^, buff pgrens received accuracy.

I kinda agree with a buff for pgrens, but I think they'd be too strong against Sov. But a buff for pgrens against USF is BADLY needed. I cringe when I see that a vet 3 pgren cannot beat a double bar vet 3 rifle at mid or close range. Its a tie with rng as the tiebreaker. I think bar damage (and lmg 42) should slightly decrease if you're very close since the recoil of a bar in real life is crazy. Pgrens also give better dps at midrange instead of up close in a graph that I saw. But stg 44 should win against a bar close up.
28 Jun 2016, 16:49 PM

Permanently Banned

Was top 300 with Ostheer, but then USF mortar hit and then USF turbo vehicle bugs.

The point is, penals eat grens for breakfast, tommies eat grens for breakfast, riflemen eat grens for breakfast.

Squashy 4 men mainline infantry unit eaten alive by double upgraded riflemen, double upgraded tommies. Now even non doc soviet infantry shit on them in the form of penals.

Grens are the most expensive mainline infantry unit to reinforce. They only have 4 men and one weapon upgrade. Them not having a fith man was linked to it screwing up the soviet-ost matchup. Guess what, penals rape grens now and a 5th man is definitely needed to keep grens viable.

I am somewhat of an Ost fanatic but leave Soviets out of this. Penals struggle long range more than US and Brit inf. They should eat grens up close.
28 Jun 2016, 16:53 PM

Increase grenadier price if necessary,but performance but increase.

I'd prefer to go the opposite route by nerfing everything in the WFA and UKF.
28 Jun 2016, 17:10 PM

its not going to happen. /thread
28 Jun 2016, 17:16 PM

Permanently Banned

All other elite infantry except Obersoldaten are doctrinal and generally cost more than PGs to call-in with some requiring upgrades afterwards and despite this, PGs have a good chance of beating them or at least bleeding them heavily so as long as you play to the strength of their StGs.

Yes, they cost quite a bit, but unlike Grenadiers, you don't need to dump 60 munitions into them to keep fighting other infantry and T2 is practically mandatory so you're going to have access to them anyways. The population and reinforce cost is also not that high considering how much longer PGs can stay in the fight vs small-arms and dish out a lot more damage at mid-short which is an area Ostheer has trouble at which make PGs invaluable for AI defense against flanking units or just head-long charges.

At the same time, they're well-designed in the fact you can't just throw them at the enemy and have to shift from cover to cover to make the best use. You close/mid-range with rifle, weapon crews or LMG infantry, long-mid vs SMGs and now use super bundle grenades to nuke a target of your choosing.

All great advice that I heed to but the pgrens are just not viable against USF. They just get cut down everytime you try to engage at midrange. I guess its okay for a vet 0 pgrens to drop a man while trying to close the distance just a little bit but when my vet 3 pgrens don't have the edge over vet 3 double bar rifles at mid-short distance that's a problem. Pgrens should have better vet 2 or 3 bonuses. It can be a problem if stock pgrens are buffed as they will become quite spammable and difficult for Soviets to deal with since cons don't have upgrades. But better vet is definately needed and reward players for disciplined usage (not a blind charge at the enemy like what shocks do.) Maybe tactical advance could be also applied to pgrens for lets say 50 munis.
28 Jun 2016, 17:26 PM

Grens are OK. Don't see what is so exciting about 5 man grens. They are long ranged snipers, so should be used that way.

Just remove the T0 turbo pack howie and everything will be alright again.

I agree with the idea of reducing PGrens received accuracy, since they arrive a tad late, so that would make sense.

And yeah, peniles aren't penile anymore ^_^, buff pgrens received accuracy.

They are long range snipers but they get one shotted by USF mortar like they are a sniper because they are 4 man. I would agree with a 5th man so that they won't get one shotted but reduce durability and dps to equal that of previous 4 man grens.
28 Jun 2016, 21:14 PM

I am somewhat of an Ost fanatic but leave Soviets out of this. Penals struggle long range more than US and Brit inf. They should eat grens up close.

Don´t get me wrong, I love the new Penals too! They should indeed eat grens up close, but grens need something because they get eaten up by almost everything lol.
28 Jun 2016, 21:14 PM

They are long range snipers but they get one shotted by USF mortar like they are a sniper because they are 4 man. I would agree with a 5th man so that they won't get one shotted but reduce durability and dps to equal that of previous 4 man grens.

This this this this this
28 Jun 2016, 21:37 PM

Grenadiers are pretty much awful late game. Combined arms also isn't always feasible late game when it turns into a vetted infantry with arty support fest and MGS get hosed even without USF turbo mortar.

Five man squads and a durability buff both make sense with a cost increase. Ostheer is pigeonholed with such crappy infantry choices.
29 Jun 2016, 08:20 AM

People saying grens don't need early game buff. True that they don't. However, late game they need it.

People are also saying that fully upgraded tommies, riflemen and penals should beat grens. True that they should. However, that is because they have the ABILITY to get more upgrades/better vet. Rifles can get: double LMGs/BARs, grenade package, and best veterancy in game for core inf. Tommies can get: double Brens, 5 man upgrade, aura-heal/sight range, a vet 1 extra sight. Penals themselves are amazing elite inf. with their great vveterancy, flamethrower(cover denial/flamer effect). Grens get: one LMG42 or 2 G42s, camouflage, and some shit vet 1 medkit ability. LOL.

It's pretty bad as axis right now. Since the bug is disgusting and the mortar is frustrating to go against. Regardless, best of luck!

Hats off to you sir, for being a calm and level headed person in this sea of salt.
29 Jun 2016, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 10:31 AMKatitof

Katitof also doesn't want cons to have LMGs, which was suggested crapload of times as well, because Katitof actually understands implications of changes of this magnitude, contrary to people who can't even succeed with the only faction they have ever played in game modes where they are being carried hard by team mates.

If you can't get to top 300, then balance is absolutely least of your problems and real problem is between the chair and keyboard.

Your point?

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198009261973

Top 300 in Allies 2v2 AT where one player namely "Zarok" carries you like Atlas carrying the world, not to mention the current state of balance.

H and unranked in all other game modes, (when was the last time you even played Axis??)and have been for a number of months, less than 250 games since release, what is that 20 games per patch yet you tout yourself as a know it all god of COH2?!?

Cut the garbage and get down off your high horse, you have over 43 posts per game played, that speaks volumes, and is laughable at best.

Bullying other members is an addiction of yours, and says a lot about your character. Grow up you child...........
29 Jun 2016, 08:55 AM

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198009261973

Top 300 in Allies 2v2 AT where one player namely "Zarok" carries you like Atlas carrying the world, not to mention the current state of balance.

H and unranked in all other game modes, (when was the last time you even played Axis??)and have been for a number of months, less than 250 games since release, what is that 20 games per patch yet you tout yourself as a know it all god of COH2?!?

Cut the garbage and get down off your high horse, you have over 43 posts per game played, that speaks volumes, and is laughable at best.

Bullying other members is an addiction of yours, and says a lot about your character. Grow up you child...........

:clap::clap::rofl::rofl::rofl::lolol::lolol:
29 Jun 2016, 09:07 AM

Why would so many of you just come to this forum and write such shit
29 Jun 2016, 09:09 AM

what else do we come into this forum for?

balance discussion?

LOL

29 Jun 2016, 09:18 AM

:clap::clap::rofl::rofl::rofl::lolol::lolol:

And that comes from one army 4v4 hero who have pizzeria number for a rank who serious struggle to keep 50% W:L ratio :romeoHype: we've SEEN your playercard recently, remember? As the high lord of scrubbvile, you really have no saying about PC of someone who is literally THOUSANDS of ranks above you :romeoHairDay:

At least I know how high level play looks like first hand, the closest you ever were to a decent players was when you've argued them on forum or watched on streams :romeoMug:
29 Jun 2016, 09:20 AM

Personally I don't come to this forum to write "such shit". I come to read topics and trends, relating to COH2, the game that I get great enjoyment from.

However what generally happens is instead of reading topical balance discussions or strat threads I read 9K + posts from Crapitof and his axis fanboy counterparts. Yet it must be said Crapitof certainly takes the gold medal for spewing poison day in day out though, attempting to bully each and every player that disagrees with him. And as such I felt the need to call him out on it..................

29 Jun 2016, 09:26 AM

I estimate 10< posts til thread lock.
29 Jun 2016, 09:30 AM
Donator 11

wehrmacht in general is like a house of cards, lose one unit and it all falls apart no comebacks. Every other faction its not such a big deal to lose 1 unit. Grenadiers need more survivability and more dps late game since a 5 man vet3 tommie squad is just unkillable with a 4 man gren squad even if you yourself hit vet 3. There also needs to be a core unit answer to light vehicles except going 444.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 97
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment