Login

russian armor

Design Suggestion re USF vehicles (less bugs)

Do you support the suggestion?
Option Distribution Votes
27%
73%
Total votes: 26
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 Jun 2016, 20:22 PM

So, USF vehicle crews have been a great source of bugs ever since the release of USF. From popcap abuse, to on me bug to the latest combined arms bug.

Now, since relic appears to be resource poor in terms of QA hours i feel it will continue to be a source of bugs in future esp as more focus shifts to dow3.

So i have a simple suggestion:

Remove vehicle crews and crewing/decrewing mechanic entirely and give all usf vehicles 3 abilities:

Self repair (similar to t70 but repping more HP)
Critical repair (vet1)
Cap territory.

There. Same functionality. Less bugs. (The other 3 all have tested implementation and more importantly no bugs have been reported on them yet)

27 Jun 2016, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2016, 20:22 PMJunaid

There. Same functionality. Less bugs. (The other 3 all have tested implementation and more importantly no bugs have been reported on them yet)

I wouldn't be so sure after what we saw recently.

Would there be enough slots on panel for all these abilities + existing one?
Also - vehicle crew thompsons?
27 Jun 2016, 12:23 PM

You'd think that, but this being Relic we're talking about, the end result would be:

- Self repair: has 1/4 the advertised repair speed, but causes the tank to fly when activated
- Critical repair: causes critical engine damage instead of fixing it
- Cap territory: has the wrong icon and does nothing
27 Jun 2016, 12:28 PM

^
:clap:

This game should've been 'abandoned' before TBF. Now every patch more breaking than fixing.
27 Jun 2016, 13:29 PM

You'd think that, but this being Relic we're talking about, the end result would be:

- Self repair: has 1/4 the advertised repair speed, but causes the tank to fly when activated
- Critical repair: causes critical engine damage instead of fixing it
- Cap territory: has the wrong icon and does nothing

True but they were able to copy over self repair from t70 to uk UC without issues. Its 60% probable they can do that at least
27 Jun 2016, 13:30 PM

I wouldn't be so sure after what we saw recently.

Would there be enough slots on panel for all these abilities + existing one?
Also - vehicle crew thompsons?

Yeah vehicle crew thomspons I wasn't so sure about. Maybe merge self repair and crit repair into one ability. if icons are an issue.
27 Jun 2016, 13:34 PM

Or you can just fix bugs without removing of core mechanic of the army which was designed around it. :snfBarton:
27 Jun 2016, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2016, 13:34 PMKatitof
Or you can just fix bugs without removing of core mechanic of the army which was designed around it. :snfBarton:

lol if only relic would,. but they never do.

more to the point vehicle crews have been an endless source of bugs and I suspect will remain so in the future. You have any alternatives apart from the obvious? Cause relic doesn't fix.
27 Jun 2016, 14:32 PM

But point of usa repair is risk/ reward mechanic .

You may repair close to line and spend less time driving (more time for shoting) and risk losing vehicle even to infantry (2 member gone = free vehicle) if youre not cautious

Or go back to base and repair it safe but lose momentum and time vehicle is on field until its counters arrive.

Changing it to repair like t34/85 have would be ridiculous. Not forgoting, that you cannot stpo repair once tank is attacked ...
27 Jun 2016, 14:47 PM

So, USF vehicle crews have been a great source of bugs ever since the release of USF. From popcap abuse, to on me bug to the latest combined arms bug.

Now, since relic appears to be resource poor in terms of QA hours i feel it will continue to be a source of bugs in future esp as more focus shifts to dow3.

So i have a simple suggestion:

Remove vehicle crews and crewing/decrewing mechanic entirely and give all usf vehicles 3 abilities:

Self repair (similar to t70 but repping more HP)
Critical repair (vet1)
Cap territory.

if you wanna take the crew then buf USF armore !!!we had USF vehicle crews you wanna take this the litle tiny good thing we had you wanna take it from us !!!

then youll have to buf USF armore !!!
28 Jun 2016, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2016, 14:47 PMbicho1

if you wanna take the crew then buf USF armore !!!we had USF vehicle crews you wanna take this the litle tiny good thing we had you wanna take it from us !!!

then youll have to buf USF armore !!!

wait wait wait timeout. just what exactly makes it a nerf? you can do almost everything same as before (cap, self repair, crit repair) in a new way.

im only suggesting this because lelic keeps effing up and introducing new bugs related to vehicle crews every major patcg
28 Jun 2016, 16:59 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

It was a bad mechanic from the start. They should have to have RE's to repair like every other faction. It's not a risk/reward, its just reward. Nobody abandons their Sherman on the front lines to repair it, they go back to a safe place. All this mechanic does is allow USF players to not have to preserve their RE squads. And no free vet 3 zooka squads popping out of things to counter their counters etc. It's just silly.

Either RE's can't repair and keep this mechanic or drop the crew mechanic. USF can't have the best of both worlds.
28 Jun 2016, 17:03 PM

But point of usa repair is risk/ reward mechanic .

You may repair close to line and spend less time driving (more time for shoting) and risk losing vehicle even to infantry (2 member gone = free vehicle) if youre not cautious

Or go back to base and repair it safe but lose momentum and time vehicle is on field until its counters arrive.

Changing it to repair like t34/85 have would be ridiculous. Not forgoting, that you cannot stpo repair once tank is attacked ...

they could add abandon crit if attacked by anything while repping maybe? (same as old sturmtiger reload abandon) but i feel that thats a really minor risk. in hundreds of games ive only managed to decrew a repairing usf vehicle a handful of times.

the t85 thing you mentioned, that i dont have an answer for. allow it to move while repping like t70?

tbh im just sick of relic effing up with spectacular balance breaking bugs on this one game mechanic. its really testament to their abysmal qa/programming that i even made this suggestion; because its nothing more than a workaround.
28 Jun 2016, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 17:03 PMJunaid

they could add abandon crit if attacked by anything while repping maybe? (same as old sturmtiger reload abandon) but i feel that thats a really minor risk. in hundreds of games ive only managed to decrew a repairing usf vehicle a handful of times.

the t85 thing you mentioned, that i dont have an answer for. allow it to move while repping like t70?

tbh im just sick of relic effing up with spectacular balance breaking bugs on this one game mechanic. its really testament to their abysmal qa/programming that i even made this suggestion; because its nothing more than a workaround.

Ability is fine, but relic suck at coding and tend to make lot of bugs.

It is the same like we should remove volks faust because it dissapear at vet4 instaed of fixing it.

Or remove british hmg because it had bugged vet1

We could continue, but I think it is always easier to remove unpleasant bugs instaed of balancing game around bugs and removing core features because of bugs
28 Jun 2016, 19:36 PM

Ability is fine, but relic suck at coding and tend to make lot of bugs.

It is the same like we should remove volks faust because it dissapear at vet4 instaed of fixing it.

Or remove british hmg because it had bugged vet1

We could continue, but I think it is always easier to remove unpleasant bugs instaed of balancing game around bugs and removing core features because of bugs

Actually i dont advocate a removal of core features AT ALL! If you read the OP carefully, all USF vehicles can still self repair, cap territory and crit repair.

Only 'feature' you're losing is vehicle vet swapping and 'crew thompsons'.

Mind you, I too would love if lelic actually fixed bugs but riddle me this: they've let the current bug go on for a week. This is the 3rd major game breaking bug to come out from usf crewing/decrewing mechanic.

Do you really think they won't introduce another hilarious bug next major patch from this feature? Then take super extra long to fix it? (Cruzz said this bug should take 4 lines of script to fix) If the devs were competent i would never have suggested this. This suggestion is more of a work around than anything else
28 Jun 2016, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 16:59 PMBudwise
It was a bad mechanic from the start. They should have to have RE's to repair like every other faction. It's not a risk/reward, its just reward. Nobody abandons their Sherman on the front lines to repair it, they go back to a safe place. All this mechanic does is allow USF players to not have to preserve their RE squads. And no free vet 3 zooka squads popping out of things to counter their counters etc. It's just silly.

Either RE's can't repair and keep this mechanic or drop the crew mechanic. USF can't have the best of both worlds.

tbh i kinda agree with you that there is little risk in this mechanic, but I know for a fact that complete removal is not at all possible. Which is why i suggested alternative abilities to cover the same things.
28 Jun 2016, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 16:55 PMJunaid

wait wait wait timeout. just what exactly makes it a nerf? you can do almost everything same as before (cap, self repair, crit repair) in a new way.

im only suggesting this because lelic keeps effing up and introducing new bugs related to vehicle crews every major patcg

self ripair is free ? crit repair will cost 10 ammo ?
28 Jun 2016, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 20:05 PMbicho1

self ripair is free ? crit repair will cost 10 ammo ?

Yes ofcourse! It wouldn't be a replacement otherwise!
28 Jun 2016, 20:51 PM

I'd say the manpower flexing is important, as allies need more of the glass tanks to overcome the Axis tanks. Being able to manage the crews and get that extra one or two tanks, is crucial, since allies can't 1:1 axis tanks, even with combined arms (riflemen/at gun) support.
29 Jun 2016, 00:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 20:51 PMGhostTX
I'd say the manpower flexing is important, as allies need more of the glass tanks to overcome the Axis tanks. Being able to manage the crews and get that extra one or two tanks, is crucial, since allies can't 1:1 axis tanks, even with combined arms (riflemen/at gun) support.

i dont understand your post. how does this change affect no. of usf tanks?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★