Login

russian armor

Relic; It's Time We Had That Talk

PAGES (9)down
17 Jul 2013, 15:56 PM

With regards to balance, I know a number of you want instant fixes to elements within the game which are clearly ruining your experience, such as the strafing run, but there are pipeline limitations that prevent that.

I can confirm there are fixes in the pipeline but they take time to go through all the stages and deploy.

Hi PQ, good post.

But us wanting 'instant fixes' to strafe isn't quite accurate. It was broken back in closed beta and then the commander was removed for a bit. When he was re-introduced strafe was still broke. So while we're not demanding instant fixes or anything but game breaking balance issues should probably be fixed faster than two months. IMO.

It's not that I'm entitled or anything, but it is legitimately hurting the auto-match experience for thousands of people, especially in team games. I have dozens of friends that outright stopped playing or refused to buy the game until strafe is fixed.
17 Jul 2013, 16:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2013, 15:56 PMMarxist

Hi PQ, good post.

But us wanting 'instant fixes' to strafe isn't quite accurate. It was broken back in closed beta and then the commander was removed for a bit. When he was re-introduced strafe was still broke. So while we're not demanding instant fixes or anything but game breaking balance issues should probably be fixed faster than two months. IMO.

It's not that I'm entitled or anything, but it is legitimately hurting the auto-match experience for thousands of people, especially in team games. I have dozens of friends that outright stopped playing or refused to buy the game until strafe is fixed.

Considering they've ducked that direct question FOUR times on this very thread in regards to the match making etc - I wouldn't hold my breath for this feature to come back anytime soon.

And for those that feel we're acting "entitled" or being "assholes" etc - seriously - you PAID for this and if you feel like you got what you paid for great - however you should try and think a little more in that these "assholes" are TRYING to make YOUR game a BETTER one.

So a little more thoughtfulness - a little less attitude - and we'll ALL have a game we like.
10 of 15 Relic postsRelic 17 Jul 2013, 16:09 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I hear you Marxist, I feel the same frustration when I play against strafe on live. Honestly, it wasn't on our radar until post release, which is completely my fault for not spotting it.
17 Jul 2013, 16:23 PM

Have you thought about starting a clan with PingPing and the OP? You could call yourselves "The Disentitled"

Guess you missed the rest of my post about giving it time... sigh... there is no problem with voicing concerns and dissapointments... thats how you fix things.. I wont just stan d idly by fooling myself into thinking this game is great\fantastic\wonderful. In certain aspects it is great, but sorely lacks in others, especially being a "sequel" to vcoh.

The dissidents? I like that. Or "the haters" or "the other". Lol what a boob.
17 Jul 2013, 16:25 PM

Sega is better of in revising this so called 'Pipeline project basis' release system.

I TELL YOU this game will dissappear if COMMAND AND CONQUER comes out as well as ROME TOTAL WAR

Than it is over!
With these silly all the same commanders and paper thin super tanks

WE WANT BRUTAL EXPLOSIONS< THICK ABILITIES< REALISM< BETTER MAPS< MORE UNITS< MORE CUSTOMISATION WITH ABILITIES THAT MATTER

You sir are an idiot, I can bet u suck at this game , thus the hate
This is rly complex game so pls calm down
And all of you, PLS SPEAK IN YOUR NAME and not the rest of community, stop saying "We" and start saying "I think", "In my opinion" etc.
Again saying this, to give constructive feedback u must have experience and must be active member, and i constantly see players with even below 10 posts raging and speakin in everyones names , thats just wrong!
And give constructive feedback, some of you rly dont know how to control rage when loosing and come to this forum and flame on streams, posts and postgame statistics
17 Jul 2013, 16:31 PM

MADRRASHA

Guys like you deny the real state of where COH 2 is in

Im level 67 and have played well over 100 hours

and i can tell you it will take long time before it are 1000 maybe never, because eventually people stop playing!

If there isnt good balance etc

There is no excuse for RELIC these times are over there is already a guy building a mod himself

Command and conquer will have that more solid gameplay

U d ick less wonder MHAsh add ic t
17 Jul 2013, 16:37 PM

Perhaps people should extend some courtesey to the many Relic Developers whom grace us with their presence and experience, whilst giving us much more transparency than most developers would.
17 Jul 2013, 16:42 PM

MADRRASHA
Guys like you deny the real state of where COH 2 is in
Im level 67 and have played well over 100 hours
and i can tell you it will take long time before it are 1000 maybe never, because eventually people stop playing!
If there isnt good balance etc
There is no excuse for RELIC these times are over there is already a guy building a mod himself
Command and conquer will have that more solid gameplay
U d ick less wonder MHAsh add ic t

Oh yea 102 hours terrific, umm so u think meta is developed enough so relic can start bombing with balance patches? simple question
17 Jul 2013, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2013, 16:37 PMHissy
Perhaps people should extend some courtesey to the many Relic Developers whom grace us with their presence and experience, whilst giving us much more transparency than most developers would.

+100
11 of 15 Relic postsRelic 17 Jul 2013, 17:20 PM

And all of you, PLS SPEAK IN YOUR NAME and not the rest of community, stop saying "We" and start saying "I think", "In my opinion" etc.

Yes please.

Anytime I hear someone talking about the "community" as if they've been elected its representative I feel a little less sure about the feedback being given. I don't discount it, but I understand at the very least there's going to be at least a little rhetorical argument in there.

It's so much more powerful when you talk for yourself.
17 Jul 2013, 17:35 PM

This thread cracks me up from both sides. Such extremists.

It's $60. If you don't like the game, you'll make much bigger (and more expensive) mistakes in your life. Trust me. Next time don't be a follower and have to be the first person on your block to own something. The issues were all there in beta, open beta, etc. Don't know why people were expecting some miracle to happen on ship date or in the first few weeks of release.

If you love the game, great. That $60 bucks will equate to pennies per hour of entertainment fun. But enough with the brown nosing, unless you're trying to set yourself up for a free Vancouver trip for COH3 :) And enough with the extreme happiness. It kind of reminds me of when someone gets laid off and they say "Oh no, I'm so happy it happened"

If you're somewhere in the middle or haven't bought the game yet (like me), then all you can do is hope they get it right. Whatever that means for your standard. If they don't, move on to the next thing. Personally I hope they improve the game and add the various features because COH1 has provided me with hundreds of hours of fun.
17 Jul 2013, 18:29 PM

I would just like to say a big thanks to all the Devs for keeping so calm and composed. Just by reading this I feel like the Devs are in front of a firing squad.

I know the game is not as good as some of us expected and that some integral parts of the MP are missing, but looking around I think it's still one of the best games in the market today.

Everybody keeps comparing COH2 with vCOH, but they are comparing it to 2.602. vCOH. It took years for a game to be that balanced and that good, it didn't just became like that over night or in a period of couple of months. I remember some of the crazy stuff from vCOH like jeep having a heavy crush ability.

All I would like to say is keep giving constructive criticism, be patient and let the Devs do their job. If we do this we should have a great game on our hands.
17 Jul 2013, 18:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

^ what he said

i honestly couldn't have said it better.

the people saying stuff here are mostly venting not providing anything valuable there all hey look a dev lets bitch at him.
17 Jul 2013, 19:11 PM

Wow, the level of entitlement from some of the people in this thread is unreal. CoH2 is about as good as it gets as far as launches go.

It's also pretty obvious that they are committed to the game right now to continue improving it.
17 Jul 2013, 19:17 PM

A lot of what people are saying is perfectly valid but adding all caps, exclamation marks, and personal insults gets you nowhere. It's like people forget that the developers are real human beings.
17 Jul 2013, 19:22 PM

This is starting to turn in to the insult threads on the coh2 forums, with constant complaining, This is very uncomfortable to read.
17 Jul 2013, 19:47 PM

Again, what is this "entitlement" word people are using?
17 Jul 2013, 19:58 PM

Again, what is this "entitlement" word people are using?

Its basically this belief that some people have, that just because they paid $60 for a game, Relic has been contracted as their personal indentured servants.
17 Jul 2013, 20:46 PM

This is starting to turn in to the insult threads on the coh2 forums, with constant complaining, This is very uncomfortable to read.

Thats a bit rich coming from you considering you started the name calling and insults:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/5408/relic;-it-s-time-we-had-that-talk/post/53742

"then stop being a fucking asshole" I believe is what you said.

If you can't play the ball - you play the man - the same goes for anybody else not ADDING anything to the discussion here.

I think people again are missing the biggest gripe - and that is the multiplayer ability to match make on YOUR terms.

This wasn't available in some patch years after the release of COH1, or in some expansion pack etc - it was available on DAY 1 of COH's release - hence it is FAIR AND REASONABLE to expect the same in COH2 ON RELEASE also.

Its the biggest thread on the developers forum also - its what the players want.

The devs have dodged the question on this thread enough to tell me that this basic element that was available day 1 with COH1 won't be in COH2 in any hurry - to me - and many others who like to match make with our map of choice, conditions of choice and players of choice, this is a bad thing and enough to keep me from playing given the current state of online play/match making.

If the dev's can't even acknowledge that this is an issue - COH2's multiplayer days are going to be quite short.

That all said - there's no point going any further with the discussion - those that see problems see them and voice concern in hope that they'll be addressed - others who don't see the problems see that any criticism is BAD and hence they feel ENTITLED to insult or belittle posters who have an alternate view as their own.
17 Jul 2013, 21:00 PM

Its basically this belief that some people have, that just because they paid $60 for a game, Relic has been contracted as their personal indentured servants.

This.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight